What have you done to your rig today?

Did a bunch of tire swapping...they got heavier as the day went on. Took the H2s off my HD, put the 40s on them, then put the same tires from the HD on the Dodge wheels with late 90s Chevy center caps. I think everything looks pretty good...and even if it doesn't, I'm not doing all that work over again :D

20190712_203649.jpg

20190712_184058.jpg

20190712_184038.jpg

20190712_160210.jpg

I drove my rig today. I missed it! Put about 130 miles on it...even drove down towards the beach to sell @justjeepin86 a set of rims.

Was it weird that we met at Dick's?

Extra space was requested for our longer road trips, so I bought a used cargo carrier off CL, installed LED tail lights, a harness, and installed a 4-pin harness in the XJ.

Whoa now....you can't go being a responsible human being and putting tail lights on a cargo rack like that :D

Whoa now....you can't go being a responsible human being and putting tail lights on a cargo rack like that :D

It was a slippery slope, bought the basket for $40....it had lights and a harness, the harness had to be extended and both SEALED lights were burned out. I tossed a set of LED's in there....I don't know how the law reads, I am sure I would never be pulled for not having lights....but what if someone ran into it.....dunno.
Hitch, basket, and lights I am $90 deep, I was pretty happy with it all.

It only makes sense to have them. I'd probably do the same thing if I had one.

My tow rig is less than 1k miles from 200k so I decided to do alot of the maintenance I have been putting off. All new brakes and shocks, greased everything in the front, changed the fuel filter and the oil. All I have left to do is service the transmission.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got my windows tinted today. It was long overdue.

Thought about it, looked at it for a few, wondered if it will start after 4 weeks sitting closed the shop door and went and kicked my bad leg up. Been out of work for 4 weeks now with a foot injury which is keeping me from the things I enjoy. Ready to get healed up so I can get some trail therapy.

Damn productive night tonight. Started with the camper, cut a massive hole in the back for the A/c unit. Added some bracing, toossed in the unit, and lost lots of fucks and sealed the shit with foam. After that was done I had a fuck it moment and pulled the truck in the shop about 9ish. Got the oil changed (was way way over due), fuel filter (was even more over due than oil), installed the new energy suspension track bar bushings (Moog's are total shit, I may have got 25k out of them), then dropped the trans pan to install the ATS GM governor pressure solenoid.
20190715_235309.jpg

Got all that wrapped up around 11ish, test drove the truck and fairly happy with it. Definitely can notice a difference in shifts. After that decided to hop in the Jeep and put another 14 miles on it. Added a custom catch can for the front diff till it stops puking.
20190715_203610.jpg

Then got back and decided I still had a little more left in me. Got the sway bar arms notched, bent, welded, and painted. Will fit and weld the mount on tomorrow after work.
20190716_003731.jpg

I made grinder boogers and started a pile of scrap parts in the back of the shop
IMG_20190716_184721052.jpg
IMG_20190716_184345635.jpg
IMG_20190716_184728943.jpg

Fuel cell gone, fuel filter assembly gone, fuel lines gone, cage bracing gone, storage area gone. Making room for a much bigger cell and custom tool box, Action Packer and cooler mounts.
Ordered a big aluminum radiator yesterday. Gonna hog out the grille area to squeeze it in.

Got the driver side slider mounted up. Need to get some more steel for the pass side. Tied to the frame and to the bottom and will serve as mounting points for the cage. Going to add some tubing to the outside edge for a step in the very near future.

cU4j-aubjzefHoUn2Ekhq-XA_gf8nGgq6NPoAHQEkQ4DxBtp7BGqOiox4uvxql_tAfAXSPR_gb3QTJjt4vPINbJy83D79SKrQ5MPJuw-WRw5IYuJqvQeCG3ym9fgNGAylMtU0APoRQTrTVfwMTGBlZpp3pKBpcOroCBqbaD2LL8Ec3JApx99LPOD9ky431WBgrlFX1hASxJormu-AUjsud_pSudoDNeQQ3klmS6yyIsrPCJX11teI8XlPstTtg5DfyZj4AxjLFhkTFpuPZfuCJbOLGtqlJ32TUrP2s6c-qgJ4WMXiwV3fmZLKwmU517ewLZRK74xnkMED_5ozRdnTFC9KOpkQzGrDqvk7dMuGHDMn6-TsKB13atJzG5n2tNaBFNNESlWk9o_Xhz9H1JFXvRCtmG9BLKP3__Bbqfh7ebjAPD9OqbeXQspfm74EsW8JSgltmT948dOhzj-R_VpnHo-J7K3_7LzYMb25QSCBJ-uspuqx0tIRTLkQ6hHv0D9YMVDwImv1TNdONkNZRyrn405AaU9SzpO3S0lPLRhN8K-Op_RvfHFMdXG7z3wkJ4AKUfEbXAX-YZztGsYsVZKoR7fvdIWzEy70CPSFLLYNJ0hR8UnE777unsibd0AZ70URKljoLAR64eh0qOfpFx7Ma1XpML1P38=w1250-h937-no

After cleaning the engine bay, I killed the tps on the throttle body... or another sensor on the throttle body. Now when I crank it up it revs up to 2k rpm. I unplugged the tps and the rpms returned to a normal idle... whoops

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sold it :_(

Since the only “rig” I Have now is my boat, but I guess it still counts.

Rewired the trolling motor, redid the bow deck and wrapped it in marine vinyl.

Wired up both HDS units and linked them and the trolling motor.

Replaced the water pump, spark plugs and foot oil in both outboards, and added a fuel water separator.

Still need to add the ladder and wire in the electric downriggers but it’s good enough to go out and fish Saturday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back