What have you done to your rig today?

JbFab cable shifters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they're NWF cable shifters. I'm glad I bought the doubler but I should've just made linkage shifters.

Beat it like a mule cutting leftover wood from a year old cutover.Mine is one of 3 trucks w filled today.It's nice to have 3 peeps helping each other sawin,chucken wood out of a pile of tangled tree tops and loading it up.
Haulin azz down US1 towing the wood and a logspliter to my folks house.......
20191208_134100.jpg

Last edited:
Not really a rig but I got the clutch working on the S-10 I got from @Lizooki today. Wound up having to replace the master, slave, and hyd. hose. Cleaned the interior all out and drove it up and down our lane a few times. Got some other small stuff to do (thermostat and coolant senders) and give it a good bath! Pretty excited to get the title so I can start pumping it around.

Not really a rig but I got the clutch working on the S-10 I got from @Lizooki today. Wound up having to replace the master, slave, and hyd. hose. Cleaned the interior all out and drove it up and down our lane a few times. Got some other small stuff to do (thermostat and coolant senders) and give it a good bath! Pretty excited to get the title so I can start pumping it around.

Mad props to you sir! You started with the best of intentions and got screwed by someone who didn’t see the incredible amount of help you were offering. The very first “new” truck I bought was in 1992 and it was a 1991 S-10 with the 4.3, 4WD, and a 5 speed. I drove the hell out of that truck, it didn’t owe me anything & I felt so friggin guilty trading it in on my next truck. Glad to see you sticking with it and getting it running.

Mad props to you sir! You started with the best of intentions and got screwed by someone who didn’t see the incredible amount of help you were offering. The very first “new” truck I bought was in 1992 and it was a 1991 S-10 with the 4.3, 4WD, and a 5 speed. I drove the hell out of that truck, it didn’t owe me anything & I felt so friggin guilty trading it in on my next truck. Glad to see you sticking with it and getting it running.
Im super excited to get it on the road and drive the hell out of it. It’s so clean and straight once it gets a bit of love. I have already floated the idea past my wife but I’m probably gonna drive it till the motor goes and it’s gonna get a swap. Like LS and a 6spd. Cause SCSB with a LS just seems like it’s needed.

Finally got around to replacing the thermostat in my DD (an inherited Saab 9-5).....now I can stop DD'ing my Ram 2500 and spend next weekend giving it the u-joints and brake system overhaul it desperately needs.

Fyi, don't ever buy a saab for yourself or someone you care about! They are absolutely miserable to work on, parts availability is poor at best....and sweedish engineering should be left exclusively to furniture design.

So how to you plan to get in? Evidently you are blind and drive by Braille. You’ll never find the door release without the handles. :burnout::driver:

That's the passenger side. I'm golden.
Was pretty epic. Top of Playground trail at Chocco. Raining and slick as death, beat the ever loving piss outta my truck to make it to the top. Only thing between me and victory was a tree and a huge rock...about door high, pass side. Launched it on the stall, bounced up, LF tire up the tree, door smashed into rock, kept it to the floor, hopped right up.
'merca.

Wow that is slick! I had no idea they were going that now.

From what I can tell, it’s one of the few single din non flip out that supports a backup camera. The others I found were a couple of $40 no name units. I got a cheap $18 Pyle license plate camera off Amazon and the picture quality isn’t bad for the money. Jury is still out on the head unit though....doing some weird reboot thing so I gotta bench test it to see if somethings wrong before I send it back. Maybe I should’ve went with one of the Nagasaki noise makers instead.

Pulled my Atlas to replace a broken stud. Found another one while I was in there.
I ordered the wrong length ARP studs, but luckily my local Advance (old Carquest) had some grade 8 on the shelf.
Apparently I'm hard on equipment.
View attachment 309514 View attachment 309515

Those studs seem pretty long. That’s a crappy problem.

Back