What have you done to your rig today?

Decades of exploring, mapping, and conversing with DNR and land owners.
I was going to say....I aint 100% positie but I think I know about where that was taken. And I know you wouldnt be there illegally, but I also dont think that is necessarily "public" accessible.

I was going to say....I aint 100% positie but I think I know about where that was taken. And I know you wouldnt be there illegally, but I also dont think that is necessarily "public" accessible.
Screenshot_20210503-142243.png

It's completely legal. Turn off 34 onto Strothers rd and take the first right. Public boat ramp since the 1950s. We need to meet up there one day.

Last edited:
Pulled up to the the parts store in the pouring rain and was somehow able to talk enough shit to get a G78 Optima red top for $180.
They must think I'm super cute or something. :p
IMG_20210504_184102077.jpg

We have GOT TO meet up and ride some back roads one day. Rigs like ours have become a rarity.
What about them? Build type?

The old cj is slated to be my son's daily. He's got about a 25 miles one way commute to school every day. It was tempting to leave it stock for that purpose but then it couldn't fulfill it's trail duties. Yj spring over was super soft but a little sketchy on the road. Stretched full width is super stable and nets more wheel travel. Plus one ton brakes are great. I think it has better road manners now than it did stock. It'll get a full cage and some other safety stuff before little man takes the helm solo, but it's about the same technology level I had when I was a kid driving all over creation and mostly on dirt roads...

@XJsavage has way more power than the old cj 's 258, but we're toying with injecting an old Mopar 440 and dropping that in. Either way it would be fun to meet up and hit some back roads. Would be cool to create an NC4x4 ultimate adventure tour one of these days.

The old cj is slated to be my son's daily. He's got about a 25 miles one way commute to school every day. It was tempting to leave it stock for that purpose but then it couldn't fulfill it's trail duties. Yj spring over was super soft but a little sketchy on the road. Stretched full width is super stable and nets more wheel travel. Plus one ton brakes are great. I think it has better road manners now than it did stock. It'll get a full cage and some other safety stuff before little man takes the helm solo, but it's about the same technology level I had when I was a kid driving all over creation and mostly on dirt roads...

@XJsavage has way more power than the old cj 's 258, but we're toying with injecting an old Mopar 440 and dropping that in. Either way it would be fun to meet up and hit some back roads. Would be cool to create an NC4x4 ultimate adventure tour one of these days.
There's just as much fun that can be had at 55mph as it is at 80. It's the journey and destination that make it worth it.

We have GOT TO meet up and ride some back roads one day. Rigs like ours have become a rarity.
I'd be mad if you and Dave met up and didn't invite me!

Put a new header on that @willness33 hooked me up with, and tomorrow its heading to RJ's custom pipe for some new exhaust.
View attachment 345461
Well that was nice. Guy at RJs said he didn't want to mess with my jeep. After I hauled it over an hour and dropped it off they called and told me they were too busy to mess with it. Anybody have any suggestions for exhaust shops?

Did a drain delete on the new rear housing going in the rig yesterday.

Attachments

• E0C5CCF3-6B60-479F-80E7-FCCCB2EAC5FD.jpeg
    E0C5CCF3-6B60-479F-80E7-FCCCB2EAC5FD.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 78
  • A9BC22C0-AAFC-4D0B-8BD1-4D1062BDA073.jpeg
    A9BC22C0-AAFC-4D0B-8BD1-4D1062BDA073.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 85
Did a drain delete on the new rear housing going in the rig yesterday.
Going to have to pull the 3rd to change fluid now I'm assuming? Gotta ask...why?

Drain plugs on toyota housings have a history of falling out and getting lost on the trail. Or getting beat up and pretty much not being removable. I'm going to replace the bottom 2 studs with bolts and will pull them to drain the fluid.

Could also use the fill plug and pump the fluid out. Pretty sure there are some pieces of equipment that do this for an oil change.

Took mine wheeling for the first time since I got it. I was really happy with how it handled everything. I'm much more confident in it's reliability now.

979A540D-1169-4406-9ADC-E1543DF127F6.jpeg

Obligatory shot on poser rock. Don't judge me. I have a pic somewhere of my TJ there too. I had to be able to show the generations haha.
IMG_0298.JPG

Does trail damage count if it's from posing? Asking for a friend....

IMG_0303 copy.jpg

Back