What have you done to your rig today?

@jcramsey that thing is sweet! Specs?! I feel like that thing would be amazing with some kind of fuel efficient diesel in it and lots of sound deadening to make it a reallllly nice driver/tow rig. So many things you could do with it! I love the stepside bed too.

Getting it done slowly, been hot last couple of days.

Waiting on synthetic rope and fairlead.

52FB4CCF-96FC-49EB-9352-C68E0DDF5CAD.jpeg
078ADABF-E5F7-475C-A18A-3C78611DC8CD.jpeg

@jcramsey that thing is sweet! Specs?! I feel like that thing would be amazing with some kind of fuel efficient diesel in it and lots of sound deadening to make it a reallllly nice driver/tow rig. So many things you could do with it! I love the stepside bed too.

Thanks! It’s got a 292 inline 6 with sm465 trans. Not sure on the transfer case. Dana 60 rear and 44 front. Current plan is to just get it dialed in and running/driving good so I don’t trash my 4runner using it as a work truck. I’ve got a Clifford intake, Fenton split headers and a two barrel Holley Sniper that I want to put on it once I get it sorted out. I wouldn’t be sad to turn it into my eventual DD. Diesel swap would be killer though.

I like the stepside bed as well, but will probably be looking for a utility bed to put on it if I can find one that fits. I always get a chuckle thinking about the dude in his stonewashed jean shorts and white Reebok high tops walking by my dads 66 c10 stepside and telling his buddy “man stepsides are uggggly”

B125A92B-7305-463E-94FD-48E56045FFD5.gif

What year truck? My first thought is it having a 205 transfer case.

Over the last little while... finished welding and painting all the brackets for my 3-link, fixed the access hole I cut in the floor, and am patiently waiting on my front axle to get gears installed.

71E8DD98-9F12-4C2B-AF4B-5E5936856CCD.jpeg
8328D93E-B5A7-4072-A593-4D9DEBFA0128.jpeg

A50F961A-E86D-45A3-85D9-1AC79AE8DDB8.jpeg

Bolted on the Barnes 14bolt pinion guard. I think that's the last thing on the list before it's first trip to the ranch in a couple weeks
IMG_20210606_192606638.jpg

finished welding and painting all the brackets for my 3-link,
Another "this will fail and kill a bus fulla nuns" waiting to happen :stirthepot::laughing:

323ecff.png

I worked on it. Had to change plans mid stride but I got some stuff done. I ordered some grade 7 all thread a while back. Being smart and proactive I immediately cut all my studs too short. After some sage advice and not grabbing the Chinese all thread at Lowes I opted to call Fastenal instead. I'll be picking up a 6' stick of grade 8 in the morning. Perfect for the 2' I actually need.

Got my old rear, bottom links and swapped out some old heims with new. I also painted them as that they weren't before. I tried throwing one banana link in the 20 ton HF press but it wasn't having it. I'll just rotate the bend down and beat it back the other way like the pros do.

Buttoned the engine bay back up. Got the fan and radiator installed. Also, got a new toy I built years ago installed (top secret). I can only hope that all my hard work has paid off and it completely fails when I need it most.

I'm hoping tomorrow proves just as fruitful but experience tells me it's a complete crap shoot in my shop.

Got thermostat and coolant swap done. Gave it a bath and am about to sew on a new neoprene steering wheel cover.

Beautiful day ☀️

Back