What have you done to your rig today?

I thought the same thing the first time I did LB7 injectors, but the majority of that shit falls in there when you crack the nut loose on the high pressure lines. Some ultra grey RTV around the tops of the nuts will prevent that. Hopefully they went with some aftermarket SAC nozzle injectors or they'll be doing them again pretty soon.

That's good to know, gonna put in a new injection pump anyways due to the mileage. Put all the high pressure lines and common rail in the ultrasonic cleaner.
This truck is getting fixed up and listed for sale so if anyone wants a blue LB7/6 speed lemme know

List it on any of the Facebook Duramax pages and it'll be sold before you stop typing. They love ZF6 Duramaxes. I'd rather have something you can find transmission parts for :D

Good call on a new CP3. I did injectors, they crapped out, did another set, and THEN realized the injection pump crapped out. That's a lot of work!

That's good to know, gonna put in a new injection pump anyways due to the mileage. Put all the high pressure lines and common rail in the ultrasonic cleaner.
This truck is getting fixed up and listed for sale so if anyone wants a blue LB7/6 speed lemme know
PM me more info

Lower intake manifold gasket replacement. Well, halfway anyway. I'm by no means a mechanic, but I watched YouTube and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
It took me just shy of three hours to get this far. Would have been faster, but engineers are the devil.

Cleaning and reassembly will have to wait. Just don't have it in me to finish tonight. Hopefully it'll go back together faster than it came apart.

Upper manifold removed...
IMG_0213 copy.jpg

Finally got the whole thing out. Damn that was a pain.

tempImagenvFdNl.jpg

I'd say just based on the crud in there, that gasket has been toast for a while.

tempImage9SKOVr.jpg

The mating surface looks terrible, but the internals don't look too bad based on my uneducated opinion.

tempImagepdZXiT.jpg

Adjusted front caster a little bit. Then started raining, so figured it was a good time to break ou the F11 and give it an over due shine.
D49EC821-603D-443B-A325-6332F5D192D8.jpeg

46CD817E-9541-4AF9-969B-1DBEB60F629B.jpeg

Got the mounty ready for teardown
20210411_132949.jpg

I hate to ask.....but did you make those jackstands yourself?? Look a little hanky.
Yeah, they're plenty strong. I've had several heavy rigs on em

The science of metals cares not of trust, only math.
Pretty sure I'd trust the guards watching Epstein with my newborn that had information on Hillary before I'd trust those to hold a shower curtain

Pretty sure I'd trust the guards watching Epstein with my newborn that had information on Hillary before I'd trust those to hold a shower curtain
To be fair, they aren't terrible. But they leave a lot of questions, and some of the details could make or break ( :laughing: ) the design.

Back