What have you done to your rig today?

I also washed off the ranch, put the new sneakers on her and got it inspected. Got to love Rockingham County going to safety only now. Had to reprogram it for street and it never would have passed emissions due to monitors not set.
New Tires.jpg

Went to swap in the 1000 diff in the little wheeler only to realize the company sent me a replacement skid plate and not a swap skid plate. :mad: I bought that expensive ass piece of metal to make this a one day job (which it would have easily been) now lord knows how long it'll be.

Attachments

• 2603054B-4DAC-412C-8D6D-74BDCA3EB62C.jpeg
    2603054B-4DAC-412C-8D6D-74BDCA3EB62C.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 57
What is the secret sauce to getting tires that clean? I put tires cleaner on them and scrub them down and damn if they still don't look dirty. I gave up and just pressure wash the dirt off and leave them now.
New tires. :D

What is the secret sauce to getting tires that clean? I put tires cleaner on them and scrub them down and damn if they still don't look dirty. I gave up and just pressure wash the dirt off and leave them now.
I jack the front up, put the Atlas in front dig mode, turn on the locker, then put it in 2nd gear and start the ignition (I've pulled the fuse on the clutch relay so I can start it in gear without depressing the clutch). While the front wheels spin I pressure wash off the bulk of the mud. Then while the front wheels are still spinning (my second gear is +/- stock gearing 1st gear so not spinning fast) I use a pump sprayer filled with purple power to soak the tires. Being very careful not to get it on the wheels. Then I rinse with the pressure washer. Since the treps have SO many edges you have to rinse in 3 directions or you'll end up missing a lot.
Then I cut the ignition and remove the wheels and lay them down on their backs and use chemical guys wheel cleaner on the wheels themselves.
Then I use the pump sprayer with purple power and spray the wheel wells, axles, undercarriage...etc and let that soak for a bit. Then pressure wash that till it's clean. Slap the front wheels back on and move to the back to repeat the process.
It's a lot of effort, but my OCD won't let me NOT do it. I wish I COULD just rinse off the big stuff and go back out, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. :dumbass: Trust me...I don't enjoy being this compulsive

I jack the front up, put the Atlas in front dig mode, turn on the locker, then put it in 2nd gear and start the ignition (I've pulled the fuse on the clutch relay so I can start it in gear without depressing the clutch). While the front wheels spin I pressure wash off the bulk of the mud. Then while the front wheels are still spinning (my second gear is +/- stock gearing 1st gear so not spinning fast) I use a pump sprayer filled with purple power to soak the tires. Being very careful not to get it on the wheels. Then I rinse with the pressure washer. Since the treps have SO many edges you have to rinse in 3 directions or you'll end up missing a lot.
Then I cut the ignition and remove the wheels and lay them down on their backs and use chemical guys wheel cleaner on the wheels themselves.
Then I use the pump sprayer with purple power and spray the wheel wells, axles, undercarriage...etc and let that soak for a bit. Then pressure wash that till it's clean. Slap the front wheels back on and move to the back to repeat the process.
It's a lot of effort, but my OCD won't let me NOT do it. I wish I COULD just rinse off the big stuff and go back out, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. :dumbass: Trust me...I don't enjoy being this compulsive
I can only dream of what it would be like to have enough time to do that.

I can only dream of what it would be like to have enough time to do that.
Empty nest FTMFW

Plus..I don't have 453 pieces of equipment that require maint :laughing:

I would fishplate that frame junction, but joints in bending are a no go even with good welds
There’s a 22“ long sleeve inside the rails centered on the junction. I‘m not worried about it. The two link mounts are tied together along the bottom of the rail too. Thanks for looking out though.

Last edited:
Went to swap in the 1000 diff in the little wheeler only to realize the company sent me a replacement skid plate and not a swap skid plate. :mad: I bought that expensive ass piece of metal to make this a one day job (which it would have easily been) now lord knows how long it'll be.
It took 5 days to get a reply with the company and just now getting a return label for the product. Looks like I'm not going to make my ride on April 1st.

My Samurai ( and Sport-Trac) hasn't been driven since last summer when the Dr. told me not to drive by myself ......
If today is as nice as yesterday, I'll might drag it out of the carport and ride around a bit.
Doors and top are still off from last summer.

I hate to say it, but it's about time to let it go.
Anyone interested in Samurai that has a stock-ish older jeep with an auto-trans?

I use Awesome brand cleaner from the local Dollar Store. Spray on, pressure wash off.

Been working on pulling the motor in order to replace all the manifold bolts. At least half are broken off in block on driver side, so far at least 4 heads of bolts are broken on passenger side. With so many broken off and limited space to work in engine bay, I decided removing engine for repairs would be easiest

Attachments

• D298CD58-892F-4B7C-91E9-4419FEA533BB.jpeg
    D298CD58-892F-4B7C-91E9-4419FEA533BB.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 47
I ordered a PS pump, another PSC steering box, pressure lines, return lines, and a few other odds and ends for my gray Silverado.

Going to finally pull the transfer case out and swap the guts over to a new case, change the PS pump, swap to hydro boost, put on a gear box that's ready for hydro assist, probably going to lower it some, clean up the front frame rail sections, mount some bump stops, redo the shock mounts, and get it SOLD. Oh...I also said "f it!" and ordered a new cam for it. Figured I'd swap in something that's a little more driver friendly with the 5 speed and makes more overall power. I'll get the tuning buttoned up and drive it some before I let it go.

Or...I'll fall in love with it all over again. I'm going to try my absolute best NOT to do that...😅😬

Troy - you need comet and a toilet brush. That’s the secret to tires . Then after the comet shine then with whatever. Much quicker than your process

Troy - you need comet and a toilet brush. That’s the secret to tires . Then after the comet shine then with whatever. Much quicker than your process
Regular tires I would agree 💯

But treps have 768% more surface area to them than other tires 🤦‍♂️

much more effective to stand back with beer in hand and spray while tires spin (both with the pump sprayer and pressure washer)

I ordered a PS pump, another PSC steering box, pressure lines, return lines, and a few other odds and ends for my gray Silverado.

Going to finally pull the transfer case out and swap the guts over to a new case, change the PS pump, swap to hydro boost, put on a gear box that's ready for hydro assist, probably going to lower it some, clean up the front frame rail sections, mount some bump stops, redo the shock mounts, and get it SOLD. Oh...I also said "f it!" and ordered a new cam for it. Figured I'd swap in something that's a little more driver friendly with the 5 speed and makes more overall power. I'll get the tuning buttoned up and drive it some before I let it go.

Or...I'll fall in love with it all over again. I'm going to try my absolute best NOT to do that...😅😬
I've got a friend that might be interested after that. If you decide to sell, let me know

The new bump stick showed up today. It should be a little more user friendly at part/low throttle and provide a nice increase in overall power.

Old cam
214/218 @.050
.601/.591 lift
108 LSA
0° of overlap

New cam
222/228 @.050
.604/.587
110.5 LSA with +1.5 advance ground in
4° of overlap

It'll be a simple cam only swap. Obviously, gotta pull the water pump and timing cover, so I'll throw some new gaskets/seals in there while I'm at it. Then, tuning and data logging time. I'm excited to get it stabbed in there and drive it.

20230412_165659.jpg

20230412_165627.jpg

Back