What have you done to your rig today?

Mounted a tire

IMG_20230930_133113007_HDR.jpg

I’m looking for tires since my current ones are dry rotting on the rig.
So I had to put on the spare a couple days ago.
Funny thing is, the rotten tire looks great while the spare looks like a dinosaur chew toy.
The chew toy rides as smooth as silk!

What's going on with that pile of tube on wheels behind that tire?

A little cosmetic change, some upgrades and a metric shit-ton of dirt removal 🤦🏾‍♂️

Installed an adjustable oh shit handle from a $24 donor scooter
IMG_20231003_184723979.jpg
IMG_20231003_184650811.jpg

IMG_20231003_184641641_HDR.jpg

That's both clever and hilarious. Also, mildly genius. Same type of thing that all the side by sides have in them. I like it 👌 Not to mention, nobody (hopefully) got smacked in the shin with a scooter!

Drove it over 45mph without death wobble or even mild wobble for the first time in 8 years!!!! Actually hit a little over 60 without issue.

Got a set of 37” Cooper STTs from @karatejosh last week. Seems like a great decision. They are taller and wider than 37” Creepies. Biggest surprise was the Creepies were 95lbs and the STTs were 115lbs. But I imagine a big part of that is the 17” steel wheels vs 16” aluminum wheels.
IMG_0939.jpeg
IMG_0935.jpeg

Now all I have to do before the Uwharrie G2G is replace the front driveshaft, rework the D300 shifters, raise the rearend 2”, install a sway bar and mounts, mount and wire the winch, rebuild the transmission, get new shocks, get new springs, 3 link the front, 4 link the rear, and replace the headlight switch so @1stgenxxx will ride with me (or maybe not, haha)

I’ve read that a rear JK sway bar is a good candidate if that one doesn’t work well in the long run 👍
The jk rear sway bar is wider than my Toyota axle 😅. Spent a while in the junkyard with a tape and ended up with a s10 blazer rear bar.

Last edited:
I stood behind it so the neighbors wouldn't see me peeing.

New wiper motor, new headlight switch, took the halftop off, put the 2003 soft top back on...

Not sure if the issue was in the headlight switch or the harness itself, but we're gonna start with the switch since its a helluva lot easier to replace :eek:
1700511374858.png

1700511396895.png

Now all I have to do before the Uwharrie G2G is replace the front driveshaft, rework the D300 shifters, raise the rearend 2”, install a sway bar and mounts, mount and wire the winch, rebuild the transmission, get new shocks, get new springs, 3 link the front, 4 link the rear, and replace the headlight switch so @1stgenxxx will ride with me (or maybe not, haha)
Not bad progress…
Also changed the wiper motor and checked all the oil levels. And found a loose rear pinion nut, hopefully before there was any damage to the bearings :eek:

Last edited:
Dismounted the junk 35s last night and went for Aircraft stripper earlier today, hit em up and let em marinate and luckily whoever painted these didn't do it right! Paint just sloughed right off, going to hose them down with LAs Totally Awesome and hit em with a mild scouring pad, then probably seek out a good polish kit.

Attachments

• PXL_20231203_192137831.jpg
    PXL_20231203_192137831.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 39
Not super “rig” related but it’s seent the trails and beatings so…. My ‘89 Toyota P/U is going to my stepson and I want it to be as “proper” as it can be. Been doing maint. on it and will do some more before it goes. One thing I wanted to address was the e-brake. It’s never worked and I just park it level or shut it off in gear but that’s not “great”. The cable worked fine but the parts at the axle were pooched. Found the Dorman hardware kit on Amazon for like $40 and knocked it out tonight. Actually pretty easy and the kit was very inclusive of all the pins, clips, and springs. Kinda weird though, I’ve never had a yota with a working e-brake lol. Also cleaned up the exhaust today. Added a cat and proper hangers. Waiting on parts to do the head gasket and a full gasket set for the oil pan and front timing cover. Shocks and some sway bar end links. Shell be so proper I kinda want to renege on passing it along lol

Not super “rig” related but it’s seent the trails and beatings so…. My ‘89 Toyota P/U is going to my stepson and I want it to be as “proper” as it can be. Been doing maint. on it and will do some more before it goes. One thing I wanted to address was the e-brake. It’s never worked and I just park it level or shut it off in gear but that’s not “great”. The cable worked fine but the parts at the axle were pooched. Found the Dorman hardware kit on Amazon for like $40 and knocked it out tonight. Actually pretty easy and the kit was very inclusive of all the pins, clips, and springs. Kinda weird though, I’ve never had a yota with a working e-brake lol. Also cleaned up the exhaust today. Added a cat and proper hangers. Waiting on parts to do the head gasket and a full gasket set for the oil pan and front timing cover. Shocks and some sway bar end links. Shell be so proper I kinda want to renege on passing it along lol
Don’t choke that motor like that

Back