What have you done to your rig today?

I finally replaced my rear shocks on the cherokee. Over the past 5 years they have taken a beating. 20241009_193221.jpg

Went out to the garage with high ambitions to unpack the truck from an AOP trip last month and fix some broken parts. Well I replace the drivers side mirror I broke off, and replace the busted out taillight and left everything in the truck as I'm going to hawk pride at the end of the month :laughing:

I have a 92 2wd parts xj you could get the tank from if you wanted to try it. Looks like the main difference is the front of the tank.
I appreciate it, but this is getting put together as fast as possible. I don't want to deal with changing things around. Hopefully the shitty replacement pump I bought works a while.

Went down to Gulches yesterday for a shake down run. A hard flex on TNT put my fan clutch into my new radiator and let the steam out. My day was over early. Guess no more procrastinating over the electric fan install.
View attachment 426140
View attachment 426141
I have a Novak radiator just like that in my jeep because the same reason! It was an absolute bitch to get it TIGā€™d back up and sealed, but I managed to get it done.

I have a Novak radiator just like that in my jeep because the same reason! It was an absolute bitch to get it TIGā€™d back up and sealed, but I managed to get it done.
I almost considered JB Weld because it has multiple areas that are breached. This was a 3 row. It was about 1/2ā€ wider than the old 2 row. After the install I flexed the jeep out pretty hard at home with the engine running, had ample clearance..or so I thought. If I decide to keep a mechanical fan, I found a shorter fan clutch that should work better, or go back to a 2 row.

I almost considered JB Weld because it has multiple areas that are breached. This was a 3 row. It was about 1/2ā€ wider than the old 2 row. After the install I flexed the jeep out pretty hard at home with the engine running, had ample clearance..or so I thought. If I decide to keep a mechanical fan, I found a shorter fan clutch that should work better, or go back to a 2 row.
what motor? Too lazy to look back, but if itā€™s a stock engine might check the mounts and trans mounts,

Stock I6. Good suggestion but all mounts are new. I believe the wider than stock radiator is the source of my problem.
Maybe itā€™s a band aid, but poly mounts help that issue a lot. Been yearrrrrs since I had to deal with that but I remember brown dog motor mounts? But either way a e fan will fix the issue. The frame and body is flexing quite a bit more than intended

Maybe itā€™s a band aid, but poly mounts help that issue a lot. Been yearrrrrs since I had to deal with that but I remember brown dog motor mounts? But either way a e fan will fix the issue. The frame and body is flexing quite a bit more than intended
They make good mounts but I always pimp my buddy Andy @ Ironman4x4fab in Hayesville, NC.

Well, it has only ran on starter fluid until today.
I cleaned that shit hole of a gas tank out. Installed new fuel pump, sending unit, and vent grommets. Pulled the lines at the fuel rain rail and blew them out. Fired it up with some non ethanol i happened to have for the mower. Man, it actually runs well for an engine that hasn't ran since who the hell knows.

Next to repair the rear frame with patch peices.

20241014_154103.jpg
20241014_161607.jpg
20241014_180310.jpg

Well, it has only ran on starter fluid until today.
I cleaned that shit hole of a gas tank out. Installed new fuel pump, sending unit, and vent grommets. Pulled the lines at the fuel rain rail and blew them out. Fired it up with some non ethanol i happened to have for the mower. Man, it actually runs well for an engine that hasn't ran since who the hell knows.

Next to repair the rear frame with patch peices.

View attachment 426227View attachment 426228View attachment 426229
Bluetooth shackles!

Back