What have you done to your rig today?

Drove the CJ to work a couple days while the truck was having tires replaced. Id drive the Jeep everyday with weather like this if my son wasn't.

Jeep waves, thumbs up, passing people because I can. Thing is a riot to drive, easily does 75-80 (at 9mpg, but whatever) and is surprisingly dry in the rain as long as you keep moving.

Wife says I need to get him something more reliable and practical though... I did have to replace the coil a couple weeks ago when it stranded him on the side of the road middle of nowhere and lousy cell service. That sort of stuff makes a man out of boy though....

Oh and truck has Thuren lift and new 35" falkens.

Drove the CJ to work a couple days while the truck was having tires replaced. Id drive the Jeep everyday with weather like this if my son wasn't.

Jeep waves, thumbs up, passing people because I can. Thing is a riot to drive, easily does 75-80 (at 9mpg, but whatever) and is surprisingly dry in the rain as long as you keep moving.

Wife says I need to get him something more reliable and practical though... I did have to replace the coil a couple weeks ago when it stranded him on the side of the road middle of nowhere and lousy cell service. That sort of stuff makes a man out of boy though....

Not hard to be in the middle of nowhere in your neck of the woods!

Been daily driving mine for four years now.

Not hard to be in the middle of nowhere in your neck of the woods!
This is true
Been daily driving mine for four years now.
When it was more stock it was definitely a daily driver. Once I moved 75 miles from work and went nutso fab on it, then it became less of a daily. But since my son got his license he's been dailying the thing to school (about 40 miles away). Hence the cage and harnesses...

Here's some sneak peeks from our weekend progress
Picsart_24-09-15_20-11-03-372.jpg

Got the exhaust manifolds painted and mounted on the 360. This is the last thing I needed to do before moving on to working on fueling modifications and then dropping it in.

View attachment 424594View attachment 424595View attachment 424596View attachment 424597View attachment 424598View attachment 424599View attachment 424600View attachment 424601
Hopefully the paint you used holds up better than the POR-15 manifold paint I used. I went through all the steps and baked brand new manifolds. They are showing rust, just sitting on my project.

Hopefully the paint you used holds up better than the POR-15 manifold paint I used. I went through all the steps and baked brand new manifolds. They are showing rust, just sitting on my project.
HIGHLY unlikely it holds up.
To be honest. I had bought Zybar, as recommended by @Croatan_Kid, but by the time I got around to doing this the zybar had evaporated, which I didn't find out until 7pm Saturday night after I had already baked and blasted the manifolds. In a pure rage I stormed to Advanced and bought the best VHT exhaust spray paint money can buy.
So no. It will probably last through the initial break in and that's it.

And then! My friendly neighborhood @amcjeepman slid into my DMs and said there may be an interreference issue with these manifolds because they're '80+ manifolds, not '79 and earlier... soooo may have been for naught.

I tried VHT on my Polaris RZR exhaust and it all flaked off, unfortunately. I'm going to go back with the tried and true Extreme Temp Rustoleum! The VHT was looking amazing...until it didn't. I even followed the instructions, which is rare.

Back