What have you done to your rig today?

@Ron is a Ford purist and he stands up when he pees

FC701E0B-5FBE-48DB-A860-F9B550ED7E41.jpeg

So then, how’s that pee pal thing work out? I have a cousin that was thinking of getting one.

Fwiw this engine specs out slightly higher than an ls7.
Less than half the price. Lighter and smaller.

It's a beast on paper...I'll let you know "soon" how it is on pavement.

No shit, that’s pretty good. North of 500hp and lighter than an aluminum block and heads fully dressed 400lbs, that’s Pretty stout. But does it drop valves as good? LS7s are known for it.

No shit, that’s pretty good. North of 500hp and lighter than an aluminum block and heads fully dressed 400lbs, that’s Pretty stout. But does it drop valves as good? LS7s are known for it.

You made me go double check, myself.
According to what I had the ls7 is 470lbs. And I am actually heavier, 496 dressed. Of course thats a spec sheet number against a car scale number, but in either case probably not enough delta to matter.

Kinda moot point anyway, ls7 wouldn't fit between the shock towers
I've got nothing against bowties...my k5sare Chevy powered my Ford's are Ford powered.

You made me go double check, myself.
According to what I had the ls7 is 470lbs. And I am actually heavier, 496 dressed. Of course thats a spec sheet number against a car scale number, but in either case probably not enough delta to matter.

Kinda moot point anyway, ls7 wouldn't fit between the shock towers
I've got nothing against bowties...my k5sare Chevy powered my Ford's are Ford powered.

That’s with water pump, clutch and flywheel at 470 lbs. Wasn’t sure if your setup was an aluminum block or not. I can understand keeping liked powerplants with manufacturers and stuff. Sometimes it’s easier to integrate like for my JK and a hemi swap or gutting it and putting an LS in it.

Cracked a rear shock and kill another set of rear sway bar links at AOP.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The ones on my Jeep currently are about an inch shorter. When they come off you can have them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Shock hit the coil bucket and cracked the shock body. Sway bar hangs down to low and I keep hitting them on rocks.

I'll add a picture later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The ones on my Jeep currently are about an inch shorter. When they come off you can have them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

These should be able to come off sometime in the next week or so.

@ncsutj your coil buckets not trimmed back far enough?

Well, not today, but last week I finally dug it out of the woods at my buddies house. It's at the shop now getting tires rotated and balanced and an alignment. After sitting for over two years it fired right up and ran. Still got an engine knock and a bad spartan locker but it's a start. I'll be happy just to get it back on the road.

TWO YEARS LATER:
I put a battery in it and drove it 3/4 of a mile to get some fuel stabilizer. I'm amazed what's in it hasn't already turned to gel. Still has an engine knock, still has death wobble, but I'm taking it to have them both rectified. It's been sitting over 5 years now, but enough is enough, and I've finally got a little money to put into it.

Front pads and rotors on the DD (rears done last weekend) and finally installed my new (to me) Warn 9.5cti. Also got the hood and hood latch put on that @Nakoma hooked me up with after the mishap I had last fall at URE. Oh, and smoked a pork shoulder all day for dinner...

5262acf470c6f546830d007db87bba5b.jpg

2651b1f65554a60953d79f95e4cee5be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Front pads and rotors on the DD (rears done last weekend) and finally installed my new (to me) Warn 9.5cti. Also got the hood and hood latch put on that @Nakoma hooked me up with after the mishap I had last fall at URE. Oh, and smoked a pork shoulder all day for dinner...

5262acf470c6f546830d007db87bba5b.jpg

2651b1f65554a60953d79f95e4cee5be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pics of the pork shoulder on the smoker?

Back