What have you done to your rig today?

Pics of the pork shoulder on the smoker?
Negative... this was prob one of the only times I didn't snag a pic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got the new(to me) Solid diff covers put on. These things are pure beef and a hell of a lot stronger than the stock ones..

EV9JebppU3DPh04OtuxzZBOAtoFJbrzcRiO0NyjA5r4dngLIP7-WDRXuIGM7_pO8_jygpOG5B7n-bSLp-B-XWtFvO6V_3_u_8JqufJmE9xgh2pZC2TQNzJqxzU4GL8-zI_n4iBYbpY5XbuIdUBzrzMYUvRv4DQuAmqz6YfH0pV_mE5xbGaGWNvzwslgop0mOGiZZhLG7JYvbyzWlwSaqCcMI9P_H5LlJip6wbIn4C9A0Ggb6O2vGq7U2FgyTziOf6ruwsN5gUJPRl2bYAWbdwlcK8rWGjCKT1_GODZA9g5rPs1dy_6FKEa7qJu7XO-8YZ3PPDyCvUjiWIvBWLUbA7kzOqs1mCWu50di-WsvFkh_i1gHodmylcii1t6bmZt0ffd3OBZWpVJtn5iY5kGlu8_4ywnqkssXvzuSXLKoUnRnYUpZliTzU_1w2RJOl3SgmYvJCpz9R1Iu2-2RK4Bpw8RYyebaYisB2sBW-WIi8y1YlhQ-brultr0-UYgBBkkIFlWyE0Sj5lo1GHb18VDdy29M9zj4kCztF5m9TqdqyF7VWVYEbcK4A_I8SJbnkIsNSXR0pbdYuxu9S0bb2loaq4byeeNuxuFYzNaxf88_bdFoWEEyphu-6HxSn-69MoglJleEumIbTVchrFPmCKdYTV8JGwTxjcIA=w1250-h937-no

Tore into the Jeep today. I've been running hot even with my brand new radiator. I decided it was time to swap out the old with some new. The water pump has been in there since 1975. I've got money out of it.

IMG_20190330_130118.jpg

IMG_20190330_130136.jpg

You'll notice that I snapped the heads off of two bolts. The top bolt is being hidden by the hose. Thanks @Jody Treadway for the jinx :flipoff2:

Hopefully, this new one will flow a little more than the original

IMG_20190330_130108.jpg

IMG_20190330_130407.jpg

I've got to go buy some more bolts to replace the old crusty ones and then I'll put it all back together.

Tore into the Jeep today. I've been running hot even with my brand new radiator. I decided it was time to swap out the old with some new. The water pump has been in there since 1975. I've got money out of it.

View attachment 289663

View attachment 289664

You'll notice that I snapped the heads off of two bolts. The top bolt is being hidden by the hose. Thanks @Jody Treadway for the jinx :flipoff2:

Hopefully, this new one will flow a little more than the original

View attachment 289665

View attachment 289666

I've got to go buy some more bolts to replace the old crusty ones and then I'll put it all back together.

Holly shit you didn’t send the picture of how small that hole was. Drill that hole out and slap it back on your good for 5 more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid turned 4 today, so we took a lap in the Jeep around the compound. No pics, so it didn't happen.

Getting into the detail work now that doesnt show up in pretty pics....but work is a happening.
Got those seat frames and the pedal assembly in the booth and made them purty. Sure youll never see the seat frame but details dammit. (Didnt get pedal pics...details dammit)
6137.jpg

Didnt want my beer to slosh around when it spills so I covered the metal floor with some absorbent, and you can see the painted pedals here. Plus some previous asshole had once used a scotchlock somewhere on the car. The only thing worse thank pickle are scotch locks Couldnt be having any of that garbage..and since my wiring had caught teh gheys from the scotchlock it had to go. All of it.

6063.jpg

I need to know how fast I am speeding so we put the gauges back in

6138.jpg

I was going to just leave it like this but @Skyhik5jr says he aint going on a powertour unless he can listen to Jason Isbell, 21 Savage, Johnny Cash and NBA Young Boy back-to-back-to-back-to-back....
So we will need tunes cause I cant drive that much. A call to clarion got a custom front tweeter in an OG AM Stereo location

6065.jpg

Next its going to be June and what does everyone need in June? Heat! So we worked on that.

6066.jpg

While sitting in driver seat location making race car noises I was disturbed by a large jackass under the car tickling my leg with a zip tie. We will have none of that so I plugged that hole in the middle of the floor. Back to meditating and making the universal sound in my head.

6143.jpg

Deciding that the fat man had laid on his head under the dash long enough we stood and leaned over the engine bay to make racecar noises. While we were there we further exorcised the scotchlock demons

6139.jpg

The ADHD kicked in and we remembered what we were supposed to be working on. HEAT DAMMIT GET US MORE HEAT. So we ran some heater hoses.
Plus I am very, very concerned with engine temps. Anyone who has ever played with a first gen mustang knows that radiator surface area is minimal.
The gusy at DeWitts have handled this specific application. When they say "use our radiator and SPAL fan combo if it doesnt keep your engine cool, we will pay to ship your car here, fix it and ship it back on our dime" I'm impressed.
I dont like their fan switch placement. Coolant level drops and the switch is dry. Otherwise this product ooozes quality.
6064.jpg

Ran out of parts and pics....will update more later

Getting into the detail work now that doesnt show up in pretty pics....but work is a happening.
Got those seat frames and the pedal assembly in the booth and made them purty. Sure youll never see the seat frame but details dammit. (Didnt get pedal pics...details dammit)
View attachment 289799

Didnt want my beer to slosh around when it spills so I covered the metal floor with some absorbent, and you can see the painted pedals here. Plus some previous asshole had once used a scotchlock somewhere on the car. The only thing worse thank pickle are scotch locks Couldnt be having any of that garbage..and since my wiring had caught teh gheys from the scotchlock it had to go. All of it.

View attachment 289800

I need to know how fast I am speeding so we put the gauges back in

View attachment 289801

I was going to just leave it like this but @Skyhik5jr says he aint going on a powertour unless he can listen to Jason Isbell, 21 Savage, Johnny Cash and NBA Young Boy back-to-back-to-back-to-back....
So we will need tunes cause I cant drive that much. A call to clarion got a custom front tweeter in an OG AM Stereo location

View attachment 289802

Next its going to be June and what does everyone need in June? Heat! So we worked on that.

View attachment 289803

While sitting in driver seat location making race car noises I was disturbed by a large jackass under the car tickling my leg with a zip tie. We will have none of that so I plugged that hole in the middle of the floor. Back to meditating and making the universal sound in my head.

View attachment 289804

Deciding that the fat man had laid on his head under the dash long enough we stood and leaned over the engine bay to make racecar noises. While we were there we further exorcised the scotchlock demons

View attachment 289806

The ADHD kicked in and we remembered what we were supposed to be working on. HEAT DAMMIT GET US MORE HEAT. So we ran some heater hoses.
Plus I am very, very concerned with engine temps. Anyone who has ever played with a first gen mustang knows that radiator surface area is minimal.
The gusy at DeWitts have handled this specific application. When they say "use our radiator and SPAL fan combo if it doesnt keep your engine cool, we will pay to ship your car here, fix it and ship it back on our dime" I'm impressed.
I dont like their fan switch placement. Coolant level drops and the switch is dry. Otherwise this product ooozes quality.
View attachment 289805

Ran out of parts and pics....will update more later
Looking good:smokin:

New winch cable and battery. Frayed cable. Broke the snatch block. Cooked the Optima. Trying to winch a fallen oak out of my pond. Got some of it out...cut maybe a ton off the bole before it dug in. Need a dozer.

I walked past my Wrangler in the garage this morning and sighed at it...

I do that every day.

Time, time, time is not on my side.

Back