World Population

This is obviously from the very narrow viewpoint of environmental impact and population sustainability. I find it interesting they so cavalierly ignore the devastating economic impact of the 2nd scenario and whatt hat would mean for the balance of work for society.

Irony: Don't want to have kids bc of fear about Japan's future.... but not having kids is exactly what is dooming their future.

Still fail to see how less people in any country is a bad thing or doomed. It doesn't happen overnight. You can see it coming along ways away. Plan, prepare, get more efficient, on shore production, be nice to other counties so they'll trade and help. Don't be a dick.

Less people on the earth is a good thing.

Gotta happen sometime!
And why is it bad? Can't the government just print money to take care of them? The USA proved that you can.
Or cut other entitlements. Or make everyone pay their share....no more free loaders. No more deductions for having children. Police, fire, ems take care of 8 year olds ...they should pay (through their parents/guardian)

This is the issue with constantly increasing freebies.... eventually the money runs out!

Might as well rip the band aid off now.

Gotta happen sometime!
And why is it bad? Can't the government just print money to take care of them? The USA proved that you can.
Or cut other entitlements. Or make everyone pay their share....no more free loaders. No more deductions for having children. Police, fire, ems take care of 8 year olds ...they should pay (through their parents/guardian)

This is the issue with constantly increasing freebies.... eventually the money runs out!

Might as well rip the band aid off now.
Yeah! Kill all the old people!

In fairness…I got stuck behind one today doing 27mph in a 55 zone…maybe not kill old people, but at least put them in the ditch when they’re in your way.
I mean, there's no need for age discrimination. If you'd push a 25 year old out of the way, why not Grandpa too? He has even more reason to know better.

Because the entire world economy is one big Ponzi scheme. Without new "investors" to pay off the older investors, the entire system will come crashing down.
bingo-cousin-eddie.gif

Because the entire world economy is one big Ponzi scheme. Without new "investors" to pay off the older investors, the entire system will come crashing down.
I wish Adam posted more. That is all.

the entire sentence was:

"And why is it bad? Can't the government just print money to take care of them? The USA proved that you can."

/s

BUT, less people in the US is an overall good thing.

the entire sentence was:

"And why is it bad? Can't the government just print money to take care of them? The USA proved that you can."

/s

When ya moving?

the entire sentence was:

/s

The rest of that sentence just shows that you don't understand the problem isn't about money. its about labor.

Last edited:
Eh, but how many jobs are doing things useless to our livelihood. Those people could transfer to the jobs that we need filled.
It isn't a matter of losing jobs, it's not having people to do them. Do you really want even more increased competition for decent workers? Then where is the incentive to be good?

It isn't a matter of losing jobs, it's not having people to do them. Do you really want even more increased competition for decent workers? Then where is the incentive to be good?
Where does it stop though? When we have used up all our natural resources and have polluted the planet past the point of no return?

Where does it stop though? When we have used up all our natural resources and have polluted the planet past the point of no return?
Like I said before there's something in between more people and less people.

Back