01 Mounty on Tons!

Am I doing this right
20210812_092249.jpg
16287746085613667250086395561698.jpg

Dont make fun of my brake lines, just want this driving for now lol

Why does the 1330 big Ford cap joints not have little tabs on the yokes to hold caps on? Research says that's why its "big cap" so you can tighten them down hard enough??

Are those hockey puck bump stops? How do those hold up?
Yes they are, I've used them before they work great. Hockey pucks are stupid strong

You want the lines going all the way up the links so they pivot where the links bolt to the crossmember. They're probably going to need to be longer. You can just add in a fitting and another section of hose.

What yoke is 1330F? The front should be 1350. Regardless...if they don't have tabs it's because they're held in with inner c clips. You don't use the straps to hold them in.

Speaking of the front...are you sure it's 3.55? It's rare that an 05+ SD front isn't 3.73.

Those hard brake lines aren't going to last long like that. A few good flexes and they'll break or fold....and then break.

What yoke is 1330F?
Ford uses a lot of them..called big ford cap 1330. No inner clips, they get held in place by tightening up hard. I'm gonna tack weld in 2 little tabs call it good

Those hard brake lines aren't going to last long like that. A few good flexes and they'll break or fold....and then break.
Yes I know it's just to get breaks working for now

39-11 is what's on front ring gear so yeah poopoo

My limit straps(unknown from where) have not shown any signs of stretching. They were ordered for the length I needed. They are much beefier than axle straps, I do know that. $117 is a deal in my eyes, based on what every thing else's price has scored to. In a build(and mine has been under the knife several times) It's all what we call the small stuff that will really empty our pockets. So,...take your time, do it right, esp if you want it to showcase the type of work you are capable of.

What is keeping the caps intact from rotational forces without either A- tabs B- c clips on the joint caps.
It has to have something (from the factory)

What is keeping the caps intact from rotational forces without either A- tabs B- c clips on the joint caps.
It has to have something (from the factory)
Bruh that's why I be like wth lol.

He's actually right Grody, Ford has an abomination called the 1330bc with two larger caps than 1350 and two 1310 size caps because they dumb. Almost like a crossover joint. That being said just weld the cap to the yoke, fuck it.
Isn't the yoke 1350 sized however? Seems the caps on the driveshaft are the 1310/30 caps?

Isn't the yoke 1350 sized however? Seems the caps on the driveshaft are the 1310/30 caps?
I was actually wrong earlier. This is something I vaguely remember going through trying to figure out like a decade ago. Ford uses a 1.125" cap at the (u bolt) yoke and a 1.062 at the driveshaft. 1350 is actually 1.188, so the ford size ends up being a one off. I just bought 1350 yokes and driveshafts because the 1310 caps on a truck with 40s is asking for trouble. Especially with 3.55 gears

I was actually wrong earlier. This is something I vaguely remember going through trying to figure out like a decade ago. Ford uses a 1.125" cap at the (u bolt) yoke and a 1.062 at the driveshaft. 1350 is actually 1.188, so the ford size ends up being a one off.
So if we're both wrong, that makes me more right. Right?

Back