01 Mounty on Tons!

Winch controls sit under this panel..I love it
1628262491419460945612022857099.jpg

Is it a wireless remote box?

Also if you go to Gulches let me know. 1.5 hours for me 2 max.
No but something to consider. The 20ft controller sits under there

I would want to make it easy to connect the remote to the controller. And then also wire in switches within reach of the driver seat.

Are you going to take a skid off the bumper down under the radiator support or is it back behind the axle?

Not gonna lie John..I want to be on the same trail as this....SOON

Agreed. I would love to see it in action at The Ranch sometime. It would be a 4 hour drive for you but would probably do you much better than going to Harlan as a first “long distance trip”

Plenty there for your kids to do, cabins and stuff to keep the wife comfy and you’re never too far from camp/cabin if your wife was overwhelmed and needed to head back. Even if she stayed back at camp, with a handheld GMRS radio you’d be in range if she needed you.

Are you going to take a skid off the bumper down under the radiator support or is it back behind the axle?
I just realized the same thing so gotta add that in otherwise radiator would get destroyed

No but something to consider. The 20ft controller sits under there
Mine is plugged in and runs up through the engine compartment and comes out the hood and I can use ti from my seat or next to my rig.
What is a good one to get. I've heard a lot of them are janky
I have a smittybuilt x20 and it is. It works about 20ft is all too. I don't like any of the wireless I've used. They all keep running longer than a direct wire set up. I feel like that could lead to a broken wire or rope and a bad day.

Agreed. I would love to see it in action at The Ranch sometime. It would be a 4 hour drive for you but would probably do you much better than going to Harlan as a first “long distance trip”

Plenty there for your kids to do, cabins and stuff to keep the wife comfy and you’re never too far from camp/cabin if your wife was overwhelmed and needed to head back. Even if she stayed back at camp, with a handheld GMRS radio you’d be in range if she needed you.
Thanks buddy, might have to plan this

I just realized the same thing so gotta add that in otherwise radiator would get destroyed
I would slot it, or add holes, to not kill too much airflow into the rad.

How are the trails compared to the other places similar distance away. Since far drives are kinda hard for wifey to make, I want it to be the best place with the most fun for how this is built..but with decent wide trails cause I doubt exo cage will be on before its first major wheeling adventure lol.
Very cool for remembering wifeys condition with that stuff, a lot of people forget, so the Ranch does sound great on that aspect of closer to camp.cant wait to go.

Dang steering ram is my last piece then I get to start it...dam I can't wait to hear how it sounds the way I done the exhaust, especially since we went from 4 cats to 0 hehe..cmon steering ram where at thou

Just check the videos

Love all the rocks, this rig is built for all that. Great video...could've done without seeing butt naked dude over there lol

Mine is plugged in and runs up through the engine compartment and comes out the hood and I can use ti from my seat or next to my rig.

I have a smittybuilt x20 and it is. It works about 20ft is all too. I don't like any of the wireless I've used. They all keep running longer than a direct wire set up. I feel like that could lead to a broken wire or rope and a bad day.
My X2O literally worked the entire 100’ of rope away as I spooled it on using the tractor as the weight. 🤷

My X2O literally worked the entire 100’ of rope away as I spooled it on using the tractor as the weight. 🤷
I love the winch but out of the box I had to stand within 20 ft for it to work. My cable is shot now so it will not charge it and I bought a regular one for now.

My $40 harbor freight wireless winch controller seems to work just fine from 100ft away, and no delay that I've noticed.

Last edited:
@marty79 The Ranch is going to be the best bang for the buck of traveling that far. No matter where you’re at you are less than 10 minutes from camp/cabin. Mild and hard core trails all condensed in a close by area. Massive boulders like you wouldn’t believe, traction like sandpaper, and it’s beautiful there. Very nice restaurant right there on site. Ponds to fish, creek to swim, horses and goats, playground and more. It is the perfect place for family wheeling. And you can easily get a full bodied rig thru all of the trails.

It’s like all the best trails in Harlan put right in your lap rather than riding long distances between good trails.

I love the winch but out of the box I had to stand within 20 ft for it to work. My cable is shot now so it will not charge it and I bought a regular one for now.
I believe mine has replaceable batteries? I need to look again.

@marty79 The Ranch is going to be the best bang for the buck of traveling that far. No matter where you’re at you are less than 10 minutes from camp/cabin. Mild and hard core trails all condensed in a close by area. Massive boulders like you wouldn’t believe, traction like sandpaper, and it’s beautiful there. Very nice restaurant right there on site. Ponds to fish, creek to swim, horses and goats, playground and more. It is the perfect place for family wheeling. And you can easily get a full bodied rig thru all of the trails.

It’s like all the best trails in Harlan put right in your lap rather than riding long distances between good trails.
Wow I'm even more excited now, as soon as this rig is ready for an adventure hopefully there will be a time I could plan with some of you experienced guys here going. I definitely don't wanna go somewhere like that alone for the first time. We'll see how the next few months go. Thanks for the info

Wow I'm even more excited now, as soon as this rig is ready for an adventure hopefully there will be a time I could plan with some of you experienced guys here going. I definitely don't wanna go somewhere like that alone for the first time. We'll see how the next few months go. Thanks for the info

Have you read my story from The Ranch back in October? I only ask cause you seem like you’ve missed my many many comments promoting how great the place is lol

Have you read my story from The Ranch back in October? I only ask cause you seem like you’ve missed my many many comments promoting how great the place is lol
Sorry I haven't buddy. For a weekend with cabin rental, what's the ballpark price

Sorry I haven't buddy. For a weekend with cabin rental, what's the ballpark price

Dang.:( I guess Savage did stories so good mine are garbage now :laughing:

You can get a single bedroom cabin for $150/night. They even have one that is massive and has 2 bedrooms, one is a master bed and the other is a massive living room and dining area with a queen bed in the corner.

Larger 3 bedroom cabins are $350/N

Camping with power/water is $35

$40 to ride for the weekend. I think.

Back