01 Mounty on Tons!

Order from Busted Knuckle. Reasonable price.
bruh your version of "reasonable price" is different than mine LOL. $125+ for straps and little tabs is not my forte of "reasonable"....

dang this rig is adding up a lot of money....one thing is for sure, the "budget fuller build" IS NOT a part of this anymore. That went out the door like long time ago, and I still have to buy probably all new calipers...ai ya yai

5.0 4.6 Mustang o2 Sensor Open Loop Controller - Hi-Performance OFF-ROAD 02

Those? so those plug into the downstream sensor on the harness side and that's it? or are these for the upstream? ( forgive my ignorance, I've never used these)
Dude, research for at least 10 minutes.
When I typed SN95 O2 sensor eliminator into Google, the first picture was O2 sensor eliminators.
Think of every Mustang with an off road H pipe. They plug these in line with the downstream O2 sensors to fool the PCM.
See if the connector ends match yours on the Mountaineer (they should be universal on that generation Ford)

bruh your version of "reasonable price" is different than mine LOL. $125+ for straps and little tabs is not my forte of "reasonable"....

dang this rig is adding up a lot of money....one thing is for sure, the "budget fuller build" IS NOT a part of this anymore. That went out the door like long time ago, and I still have to buy probably all new calipers...ai ya yai
Collateral suspension and driveline damage from a half assed attempts at controlling droop is wayyyy more than $125.
Again- you have a "shop". Don't cheap out on literally the first thing potential customers see when they walk to a SAS Mountaineer

Collateral suspension and driveline damage from a half assed attempts at controlling droop is wayyyy more than $125.
Again- you have a "shop". Don't cheap out on literally the first thing potential customers see when they walk to a SAS Mountaineer
I gotcha. Let me know on them straps and length. Thanks

Don't cheap out on literally the first thing potential customers see when they walk to a SAS Mountaineer
This

All the work @Chris_Keziah did under my Jeep and the first thing you see rolling up on it are the straps...which usually get a comment

Snl What Are Those GIF by Saturday Night Live

if this is gonna be another tiger safari rig then run whatever you want. If you are trying to show off your skill and workmanship, then do some more jobs for customers and invest your $ into some baller parts.
That being said, I need to get some limiting straps for my XJ and will either use chain or axle straps.
My “nice” build will be done the right way.

gonna be another tiger safari rig then run wh
Heck no, if it was I'd be done long ago lol (and wouldn't have sold my last one).
Back to work...

What about these?

This

All the work @Chris_Keziah did under my Jeep and the first thing you see rolling up on it are the straps...which usually get a comment

Snl What Are Those GIF by Saturday Night Live
And honestly it wasn't very expensive, I think the Trail Gear limit straps are ~$40/ each though Summit. So you can legitimately limit strap a rig for under $200.

In case nobody has looked, almost every limiting strap that WFO Concepts sells are 24 bucks a piece. Just saying.

In case nobody has looked, almost every limiting strap that WFO Concepts sells are 24 bucks a piece. Just saying.
that's where I'm ordering from, it's the best deal and I don't feel as crazy spending 100 on some straps lol. Given I know they serve a very important service but still, it's a darn strap hehe.
Well it was fun for 2 days to work on this after months of nothing but daggum 2 days off and now I got all kinds a crap backed up. boy oh boy

I rescind my former statement. Literally every single one they sell is 24 bucks.

in case anyone was wondering why I'm building my bumpers and sliders (next round) is cause well, I messed up on my lower spring rates lol. So after Dave from DavesOffroadsupply being so awesome to help me out, he pointed out that I need to have the bumpers made, sliders made, all the skids on, tank close to full of gas and any other "things" I'm going to add before he can calculate my new spring rates. At least now I have springs to measure and get the accurate measurements and it's cool that they will swap out springs with only 10% restocking fee. So I thought I was close but still got some more work to do before it's "ready" ...dang it

go figure they only 3 in stock of anything long enough. oh well
found a company called Strapworks.com They sell em too for 23 each, same strength and material and all but they had em. I still can't believe I just spend $117 on some straps. Man what's this world coming to

found a company called Strapworks.com They sell em too for 23 each, same strength and material and all but they had em. I still can't believe I just spend $117 on some straps. Man what's this world coming to
We can't believe it either! Congratulations!

We can't believe it either! Congratulations!
dude this rigs budget is blown so out of the park (for me at least) I'm just like "whatever"

Before you mount them, remember that they will stretch ~1" for every 12" of strap. You want to make sure that the strap still takes the load, after it has stretched.

Before you mount them, remember that they will stretch ~1" for every 12" of strap. You want to make sure that the strap still takes the load, after it has stretched.
Thanks for heads up

Back