Bus/RV Towrig project

the bio will also gel at a higher temp than just dino diesel. I know it was cold last weekend when it crapped up on you maybe that was a contributing factor although if it was B20 I would think it would have to be colder but who knows?

the bio will also gel at a higher temp than just dino diesel. I know it was cold last weekend when it crapped up on you maybe that was a contributing factor although if it was B20 I would think it would have to be colder but who knows?

well my hope is to not run bio again :)

How quickly is it clogging up the filters?

the winter is finally over and it was time to wake the beast :)

de-winterized the bus and found i did not winterize the bus well enough and my 12 volt water pump broke :( luckily a local camping world had one in stock because I was letting my buddy use the rv on its first 2015 ride. he was competing in the NC State BBQ bowl.

sad to say they finished in the middle of the group..

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7217.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7218.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7219.jpg

the one thing I did not have time to do before he used it was wash it and when I got it home I noticed how bad it really was :(

so myself and the family all spent sometime washing it and getting all the gunk off it

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7226.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7227.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7229.jpg

and then after that I looked at my list of to do items and one of the biggest is installing the backup camera and air horns..

I ran the 75' of cable all the way to the back and now I just need to run itup the back and mount the rear camera ( getting close )

I also mounted the air horns next to the stock horns so I will still have both wired when done.

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7230.jpg

So for years now I have been trying to polish the bottom part of the bus and I would love for it to SHINE..

I found a guy on the book of faces that said he knew a few guys near me that could probably help..

so this past weekend a guy showed up and to be honest I was not confident he knew what he was doing. well he came by yesterday and did a small section to show me and it sure looks like I will have the entire bus done very soon :)

if the whole thing turns out like that I will be very happy

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7248.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7249.jpg

very happy to say I finished the rear camera install.

I took the rear clearance light out and found that I can run a 6' lenght of 1/4" rod down to the metal tray. so all I needed to do was drill a hole and run the wire up to the light hole

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7231.jpg

Painted the camera to match the bus
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7292.jpg

also painted the bracket
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7294.jpg

I drilled a hole just below the clearance light to run the wire so I could get a small wrench inside and bolt the camera bracket on
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7295.jpg

and here it is installed
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7296.jpg

I then installed the monitor mount on the dash

here is the mount
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7293.jpg

installed
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7299.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7300.jpg

dont worry the picture is crytsal clear but taking apic with my phone makes it look like crap
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7301.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7302.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_7304.jpg

finally found a guy that can polish the bottom area of the bus.. after waiting 2 months for him to get free time he started yesterday and hopefully will finish today

]
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_8083.jpg

Does he use a buffing wheel, some other gizmo, or by hand? Looks great!

he was using a electric buffer with some compound.

after work today he is supposed to show me how I can maintain it going forward

He is not done yet but here are some before and after pics..

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_polish1.jpg

here he had done only the top two rows
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_polish2.jpg

Here you can see how dull the side was and then how it looked after even when he was not 100% done yet
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_polish3.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_polish4.jpg

This past weekend I hosted my first Concert Music Fest and I used the bus as the Green room for the bands..

good to see the bus doing some work besides us just camping in it

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_8752.jpg

I'd be real careful with that, I've seen a lot of green rooms torn up by bands you wouldn't expect to do crap like that. ( I used to work a few bars that were popular music venues in IL when I was young a stupid )

Smoking was one of the most frequent, cigs and "other" stuff. The "other" stuff will get yer ass tossed by the man when you're on the road. Just the smell will trigger a dog trained for it.

Oh, and give 'em a white board, or you may find things written in places you don't want. And phrases you may not want to explain.

I'd be real careful with that, I've seen a lot of green rooms torn up by bands you wouldn't expect to do crap like that. ( I used to work a few bars that were popular music venues in IL when I was young a stupid )

Smoking was one of the most frequent, cigs and "other" stuff. The "other" stuff will get yer ass tossed by the man when you're on the road. Just the smell will trigger a dog trained for it.

Oh, and give 'em a white board, or you may find things written in places you don't want. And phrases you may not want to explain.

This was a one time deal. As I set up the music fest and I knew members in all the bands.

North hills has there own green room that have now shut down to bands destroying it.

It's called a green room for a reason. :rolleyes:
Right, I get that ( did then too )

the destruction wasn't limited to cig and "other" smoke, burns, physical damage, idiocy just to be an idiot cuz they're bored drunk and high on "other" not necessarily herb.

just hate to see Ken riding down the road and Buford T Justice thinks he's got a Wille Nelson bust, when he in fact has The Gornikie Family.... ( sorry Ken )

I'm thinking Grizwold might be more appropriate.

I would not disagree with this.. wait till you see my christmas lights again :)

small funny update:

I started a house remodel a few months back and as we come to a close of the redo we have had to move into the BUS. we started our third week in the bus today..

the redo is in the this thread:
Building a Shop on a budget...(My Shop Project Build)

So on Friday when I came home I used the toilet and I notice that it burped back at me. I was like well I guess we can go for about two weeks before we fill the black tank with 4 people.. ( good info to know ) but what I should have done was fire up the bus and then go drain it asap. Instead I was like I will do it sat AM which led to Sunday AM .. DONT EVER WAIT :)

I am happy to say I did finally get to use the term: "The Shitters FULL"

lets just say that when I drained it I learned that it backed up so far that it over flowed into the gray tank and then clogged the gray tank so not only did I have to drain both tanks and then wash and flush them both out for two hrs to get them all clean I also had to pull apart all the gray tank piping under the bus and de-clog it.. ( This was not fun on a cold Sunday morning )

what I learned: when the shitters full DON'T wait to empty next time and if you do be prepared to smell shit for the next two hours.

Back