Bus/RV Towrig project

Not sure about ordinances, but it would be nice to have a tap for your bus into your sewer/septic at the house

Lets just say I never left my yard to empty the tanks :)

Lets just say I never left my yard to empty the tanks :)
atalesfromthesideofthetub.files.wordpress.com_2015_07_shitters_full.jpg

it would be nice to have a tap for your bus into your sewer/septic at the house

From what I have learned on the internets, this is probably not a good idea with a septic system, ESPECIALLY if your tank is only a single chamber. It's the same reason you're not supposed to wait until Sunday to do 20 loads of laundry. If you dump a hundred gallons of sewerage down into the system, it can temporarily saturate the drain field, which backs up into the tank, which raises the flood level of the tank to where it can lip over the outlet tee, allowing solids downstream into the drain field. That in turn clogs the drain field, which means you're going to have to pay a nice man with a backhoe to come dig up your yard and install a new drain field.

If you're on city sewer.... the city doesn't know how many gallons of anything you're putting down that cleanout in your yard.

Well I got sick and tired of being cut off so it was time to fix that

Yes they are very loud

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_airhorn3.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_airhorn2.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_airhorn.jpg

Where you get them from?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Train horns?

Train horns?

Viking Horns V3301/4008 Loud 142 Decibels 4 Trumpet Train Air Horn Kit

Fair warning: Air horns scare the shit out of people, and they will do crazy things when you press that button, including two-footing the brake pedal.

I'd get a dash cam if I were you.

Lol. I have air horns now but they aren't loud enough. Need more!

Fair warning: Air horns scare the shit out of people, and they will do crazy things when you press that button, including two-footing the brake pedal.

Some jack hole hit his air horns next to me this AM, going the opposite direction, jack wagon behind me jammed across his lane into a driveway last second.

YES! They'll get your attention, and yeah, I can see where irrational movements may be caused.

I just cussed a lot trying to figure out WTF he was honkin at.

I have heard that and I already have a dash cam :)

We are getting ready to use the bus again and I forgot the fridge was having issues so I climbed on top of the roof to check the top and found out that I can fix anything from the roof..

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1810.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1811.jpg

so I had to pull the fridge out into the inside of the fridge

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1815.jpg

and of course when I pulled it out I found that the wood supports under the fridge were rooted out... I could tell they have been that way for a long time.. so of course I had to rip it all out and rebuild it all..

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1813.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1814.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1816.jpg

worst part is I cleaned the fridge and it still does not work perfect so tonight is some more testing

We are getting ready to use the bus again and I forgot the fridge was having issues so I climbed on top of the roof to check the top and found out that I can fix anything from the roof..

View attachment 225557

View attachment 225558

so I had to pull the fridge out into the inside of the fridge

View attachment 225559

and of course when I pulled it out I found that the wood supports under the fridge were rooted out... I could tell they have been that way for a long time.. so of course I had to rip it all out and rebuild it all..

View attachment 225560

View attachment 225561

View attachment 225562

worst part is I cleaned the fridge and it still does not work perfect so tonight is some more testing
I mess with those fridges alot at work what's fun is when your replacing one and you have to pull a window to get it out cause it won't fit through the door.

Let me know if you need any parts I get a pretty good discount.

very happy to say that the fridge is working again after changing the burner out..

Our camper fridge quit working couple years ago while on vacation. So I became a Google/YouTube camper fridge repairman. It ended up being the heating element was burned out.

When I told my wife I thought we had to replace the heating element she said "maybe we should call a repairman I don't think the fridge has one of those".

Which campground is that? We we're just at camp hatteras but always looking for other options on obx. I have a 42 ft fifth wheel so need a 10 acre field to get into the sites. Looks like a nice site in the pic.

that is at KOA in hatteras.. right next to camp hatteras

had another wheeling trip up to West Virginia ( Bear Wallow ) and very happy that I got the 12 volt wiring down for towing the trailer.. lights worked great.. and Bus did well but in the steep mountains had to be in 3rd gear at 35mph..

24 volt to 12 volt conversion box
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1807.jpg

at camp
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1990.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_1989.jpg

checking out an old train on way home
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_2012.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_2014.jpg

Back