Cl find of the day

One of a kind monster truck gocart

Go Kart Jeep Deal.

Carter Brothers asking 675

CL Jeep.png

A quick search on car-part for 4x4 manual transmission from a 97 3500 is between 800-1000 used from a yard which I assume has a warranty of some sort. It also showed many rebuilt units in the 1500-2000 range.

I would shot for 500-750 unless you get a signed document with witness signatures that he will refund your money if it goes south in 60 days. Most yards offer a 30-90 day warranty so if I were going to pay warranty price, I'm gonna get a warranty.

Looked again and one rebuild unit was just under 1700 with a 3 year warranty and free shipping. They are in greenbay Wisconsin, so warranting it might be a pain, but they are eating a bunch of shipping on that deal.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

GM NV4500 5 speed HD Transmission RARE 4x4
Not sure if the price is good or bad. What are these transmissions usually going for? I'd like to make an offer on it if I decide I want it.
I got mine for about $400, but the 3rd gear syncro was worn out. Of the few that I've messed with, they all needed a rebuild and $500-1000 in hard parts. The stock mainshaft/5th gear may hold up ok behind gasser's and the 90's chevy diesels, but it couldn't cut it behind the Cummins in the Dodge.

You can get a BRAND NEW Dodge NV4500 on Ebay for $1500-2000. I'd be leery of a rebuilt unit, because many of those places don't properly check the hard parts.

Reckon that could have been some of micheal waltrips stuff that got sold a while back??

Pit boxes like that are really hard to push around when full of tools and stuff. Tire pressure and proper brake bleeding is crucial.

Reckon that could have been some of micheal waltrips stuff that got sold a while back??

Probably not, being new. There's a few places that sell those used boxes from teams, like Circle Track Supply. I think I remember seeing some Waltrip stuff there a while back. A lot of times they sell them with tools and camber slugs/shims, all that stuff.

Back