Cl find of the day

Whenever I was into dirt bike riding I always thought "damn, I wish someone would trade me a bunch of pigs for my bikes". Hate I sold them. Should have held out.
Yo @anvilrubi :D

Definitely cool - not sure if it's $21k cool to me - but wouldn't mind having it for sure!

The best part would be learning to use the stick w/ you left hand!

Several years ago a buddy of mine from England was over visiting. He'd been driving an old Land rover for years. I let him take my 4Runner on a trip.
When he got back he was complaining his left arm was sore where he kept instinctively throwing it up to shift gears and whacking the door, lol.

My brother has lived in Guatemala for the past 20 years or so. Has a couple of those things '88 and a '95, as well as a Mazda B2500 crew cab turbo diesel. All really cool trucks, but cheap where he lives.

That's pretty cool. I lived there for 3 years as a kid a long time ago (was there for the big earthquake in '76). I'd love to go back some time. Tried to talk my dad into a motorcycle tour a couple years ago but couldn't get him to bite. If you don't mind me asking what does your brother do there?

That's pretty cool. I lived there for 3 years as a kid a long time ago (was there for the big earthquake in '76). I'd love to go back some time. Tried to talk my dad into a motorcycle tour a couple years ago but couldn't get him to bite. If you don't mind me asking what does your brother do there?
He's a pretty interesting dude. I wasn't really sure what he was doing there for about 15 years and wouldn't tell us, I know he worked for our government and traveled all over the world for months at a time, but Guatemala was his home base. I was his power of attorney for many years, he called several years ago and said he was retired (at 46). He now is finishing his doctorate in Theology while he and his wife run an orphanage and missions program. Which was a helluva a change from a ex military guy who graduated at the top of the business school at Chapel Hill.

He's a pretty interesting dude. I wasn't really sure what he was doing there for about 15 years and wouldn't tell us, I know he worked for our government and traveled all over the world for months at a time, but Guatemala was his home base. I was his power of attorney for many years, he called several years ago and said he was retired (at 46). He now is finishing his doctorate in Theology while he and his wife run an orphanage and missions program. Which was a helluva a change from a ex military guy who graduated at the top of the business school at Chapel Hill.
Traveled the world, didn't live in us but worked for us, didn't tell you what he was doing.....

Hitman for sure. Lol jk

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Traveled the world, didn't live in us but worked for us, didn't tell you what he was doing.....

Hitman for sure. Lol jk
He graduated and went to work at genuine parts (napa) as an auditor for the company. He then told me he was applying for the secret service and we were visited by people who interviewed our family, his teachers, anyone that knew him well. A month after that he asked me to be his POA, he left for Guatemala and has never been back. I asked him if he got on with the secret service and his answer was simply "no, but I got another gig." So who knows.
All I know is he's got a wife half his age, a couple of kids, badass trucks and a really cool multi-acre compound with a 8 foot wall wrapped with razor wire around all of it.

Last edited:
I'll be right down the road from there in a few weeks. Might actually fly into Bangor.

Needs some decent coilovers though, Racelands are super cheap garbage. Very popular in the VW community, but still super cheap garbage.

Back