JK and K5 build threads Bc you can never have too many toys

Are you going to put a monster inverter on that thing, or a few deep cycle batteries and a good charger? Im not sure what that pump draws, but most of them can pull pretty high amps under load.

Are you going to put a monster inverter on that thing, or a few deep cycle batteries and a good charger? Im not sure what that pump draws, but most of them can pull pretty high amps under load.

I’m gonna try it with a car battery and see how it responds. It’s actually for a dump trailer. I’m sure under load it does draw a good amount of amps. But it’s my weekend project to see how well I can get it to work. I’ve got to bend up some 1.5x.120 wall DOM for my front shock hoops. Hopefully I don’t just kill batteries with it. Guess worse case have the Jeep or k5 hooked up to it and running while I bend.

My dumbass ordered the wrong fitting.... so I’m just gonna make Transformer noises and pretending I’m bending up a tube chassis. But really I need to get some tin and dimple die up a battery tray, make my notcher mount/die holder, and maybe add some fancy gussets.

42c350e7ca10ab5449033ac10ae537b5.jpg

Depending what kind of fitting you need, slowes, homeless deathspot, or cracker surprise or your friendly local hydraulics joint may have what you need. Unless it's metric, then you're out of luck... Do they make metric pipe thread? They make metric everything else...

Depending what kind of fitting you need, slowes, homeless deathspot, or cracker surprise or your friendly local hydraulics joint may have what you need. Unless it's metric, then you're out of luck... Do they make metric pipe thread? They make metric everything else...

It’s a union for jic fittings, all the local hydro shops are closed over the weekend. No biggie, ordered it last night, should be here by Tuesday along other a longer hose for only $20 including shipping. As much as I want to bend up some DOM for my shock hoops they can wait a few days while I finish some other work.

Surely Orileys or Agri Supply has that fitting?

What size? I have a few at the house

I completely forgot about Agri supply. I’ll head out there around lunch and see if I can find one. It’s a Jic male 9/16 to jic male 9/16, the ram side is some quick connect coupling that I ordered correct.

I've got a local CarQuest that has hydraulic stuff and makes hoses.

I've got a local CarQuest that has hydraulic stuff and makes hoses.

You know my buddy at oriellys had a dumbfounded look when I asked him. Is it common for auto parts stores to have that kind of stuff? I don’t mess with hydraulics often

CarQuest/Napa is the only ones I've seen with it. They cater a little more to the commercial/big rig/agricultural crowd too, so that's probably why they have it.

I'm glad they do, I just had four hoses made for my excavator last week.

Orileys advertises that they stock tractor parts. I’d assume that also means some hydraulic fittings. I just bought 10 gallons of tractor hydraulic fluid from them.

Well damn I might not have to make transformer noises the next few nights then. One of the things I miss about Cali is where I was stationed there was a few industrial supply stores. And rock crawling is big out there so you wouldn’t get the stupid looks when you’re asking for random stuff and the old dudes were helpful or were wheelers themselves. In flat eastern NC everyone’s like “why would you do that for?”, then they tell you about their 500hp 305 in their uncle brothers truck his cousin has.

Got all the headlights changed out, all my lights working besides a few in the cluster. Also figured out my printed circuit board is messed up so I’ll order another. Temporarily got my electric fans hooked up, got the 4 high kit on it, but I’ve still got a laundry list.

Gotta replace a cracked main leaf, build my shock hoops, build a front driveshaft, and I think I’m gonna proceed with regear it for now. 5.38s are gonna bring the suck on the highway. It may be a bit before I pick up a doubler. Doing hot laps around the neighborhood really has gotten me excited about getting it up and running again. Hopefully next month I can wheel it some, and hopefully a trip a month will happen for me this year. I don’t care if I sweat my ass off wheeling this summer I miss it bad.

I’ve got a TJ in my garage I’m going over for a friend. Steering geometry is janky a long with the piss poor welding on all the brackets. Rear track bar was on the verge of being ripped off completely. One weld had already failed. Pitman arm is too short and the track bar was 8” shorter than the drag link. But other than that it’s a pretty clean TJ with good bones and a full width 44/9 combo under it.

31be25876a126ea4e255a3e68b2d7eae.jpg

0c02602b7e72d7586b471a3fef2da49e.jpg

686fd93bc5f6716e8576ab040a717c98.jpg

Last edited:
Swapped in my stupid duty front 1350 drive shaft and WFOs flange for the rear output of the 205. Put 17 miles on it after getting a plate and now I need to put the 38.5s on it. Still gotta a shit ton of stuff to do but I’ll start knocking out things off the list as I can. Hoping I can do a shake down run at uwharrie next month. Gonna do some small road trips to Farmville then little Washington to build my confidence up in it. I think it’s stupid to just take off 2-3 hours without attempting to work out any bugs.

b3f2c52a2a09aff3929d5b8c8b880c81.jpg

80 fun tickets later it was full, gas gauge still screwed which brings the gay. I can’t decide if I want to retrofit a factory style tach into the cluster or just put a printed circuit board in it and just find the rev limiter when I need it, lol.

ca909d48f953e2d0d7a8781739d39a0c.jpg

A 99-04 7.3 manual trans front shaft fits the rear perfectly for now. I really think I’ll just keep the 4.10s and keep saving up for a 241 based doubler. 2nd gear is fun as shit on this ugly POS. It’s really quiet at idle but really aggressive when you get into it.

Last edited:
I need a Super Duty front shaft if you happen to run across another one!

FWIW, my buddy has a 4 speed Dodge with 4.10s and 38s and it works pretty well.

I need a Super Duty front shaft if you happen to run across another one!

FWIW, my buddy has a 4 speed Dodge with 4.10s and 38s and it works pretty well.

I put 45 miles on it today, and I think I’m just gonna push for the doubler as soon as I can. It’s a big chunk of change but would be much better than turning 3k rpm at 60mph. And I picked this one up new off eBay for $170 shipped. I can’t find another that cheap though. They come and go at that price on there.

9140e42c764b11859d33b91ee151a781.jpg

Well the 38s are on it. I’ve gotta set the pinion angle but that’ll be a weekend project putting a new main leaf on the drive side and some new anti wrap perches. But so far runs and drives great. Turns a lot of heads when I find the skinny pedal.

I dig it

Man I’m back to looking at cams and getting it tuned, lol. I’m gonna start gathering parts next month for the doubler. It cost me too much to get it to legit pass inspection with all the bugs I had to work out. I’ve got another NP205 I can use to build it. Gonna do a integrated 241 econobox, billet bearing retainers, and 32 spline front output. Then hope to just swap it in one weekend. I just picked up a spare 10 spline sm465 the other day. I been thinking about doing the ORD short 32 spline output shaft and adapter. It’s pricey, but it would put me at damn near the same length they are now. I’ve gotta order a different slip spline for my front driveshaft so I can build that. I got the wrong style and it only allowed 5” or so of slip spline. With these 7.25” hole to hole shackles I’m pretty sure I’ll end up pulling it apart if it wraps any up front.

The Good news I’ve been all over town and it just putts on down the road. So far I’ve put 120 miles on it, pretty stoked about how well it’s been driving. Need to do the XJ steering shaft mod to get rid of that rag joint.

Oh and got a price on some DOM for the rear bumper, sliders, and shock hoops. I’ve decided to use 1.75 DOM for the shock hoops so it matches the cage. I can’t decide which tubing connections I want to use. The flange style or the hidden seam style. I’ll have to use a few of them Bc I want to tie the front of the frame to the shock hoops and make an engine cage as well. When I do the cage I’ll tie the A pillars into the shock hoops.

I’m pretty sure my neighbors hate me
c647ab1b137cbcc72f47e2c8b29334f0.jpg

Last edited:
I know a guy that can hook you up with a real nice, custom grind cam and all the associated goodies.

I know a guy that can hook you up with a real nice, custom grind cam and all the associated goodies.

I wanna say you PM’d me his number, I most likely won’t do it till this winter. But I might get Wiggins to tune it before then.

Same guy to get the parts through. He deals with a guy in NY named Bret Bauer. He'll do a cam to go with your setup and match some valve springs to it. I'd definitely do pushrods and a rocker arm bearing upgrade at the same time....possibly lifters too if they have any age to them, but then you have to pull the heads and all that jazz.

Same guy to get the parts through. He deals with a guy in NY named Bret Bauer. He'll do a cam to go with your setup and match some valve springs to it. I'd definitely do pushrods and a rocker arm bearing upgrade at the same time....possibly lifters too if they have any age to them, but then you have to pull the heads and all that jazz.

And if I pull the heads might as well get them milled too right? This is why I’ve got to wait to do a cam this winter. I’ve been pricing stuff lately so I know how much I’ll need budget for. But I’m making a few calls around Monday to see if someone can get me a decent tune with how it is. I feel like it’s running rich almost like it’s a basic LS1/6spd tune. And I’ve already been eyeballing NV4500 swaps too. If only I had a fun ticket tree.

What heads are on it now?

Back