Lots of interesting news today

This is getting insane.

This is getting insane.
I don’t get it. Why just not sell in that market. 20m retrofit or 10m in losses?

I don’t get it. Why just not sell in that market. 20m retrofit or 10m in losses?
20 Mil one time retrofit, 10 Mil Annual Loss. But there is a greater ongoing maintenance and land use increase too.

20 Mil one time retrofit, 10 Mil Annual Loss. But there is a greater ongoing maintenance and land use increase too.
I would love to see the industry tell Kalifornia they can suck on a tofu sausage and just not sell to them. It would send a clear message to them that they can't make shit up and expect the rest of the nation to follow suit.

The other option is for them to retrofit and shove the cost down the throat of all national consumers.

I would love to see the industry tell Kalifornia they can suck on a tofu sausage and just not sell to them. It would send a clear message to them that they can't make shit up and expect the rest of the nation to follow suit.
Its 15% of the national market, and if you are in Iowa etc nearby its probabl ya much larger part of you sales. Thats really hard to just give up.

The other option is for them to retrofit and shove the cost down the throat of all national consumers.
this is what will happen.

We should all expect the cost of pork products to skyrocket.

Its 15% of the national market, and if you are in Iowa etc nearby its probabl ya much larger part of you sales. Thats really hard to just give up.

this is what will happen.

I'm actually not so sure. By ignoring California many suppliers can undercut the competition in 85% of the market. That's a huge advantage. Larger production facilities could create "California certified" farms and sell pork at a premium like organic produce. There are a few different ways to split this.

I don't know the distribution system for meat at the national level. But I believe it is regional in some ways. We may not see a spike in prices. But Oregon and Washington might have to go along with California because larger farms supply the whole west coast.

Which are already much higher than a few years ago. I priced a 100lb dressed pig that I used to buy for about a hondo and it was closer to 200.….which is why I cooked chicken at my family Easter Egg Shoot and Jamboree this year.

To me, this is all the more reason to buy local. I know going to one store is convenient, but buying local will result in better food, at possibly a better price, but at a minimum more sustainable for the market and environment.

To me, this is all the more reason to buy local. I know going to one store is convenient, but buying local will result in better food, at possibly a better price, but at a minimum more sustainable for the market and environment.
This, I had a local butcher back in NJ that raised, butchered, and cooked the hog. Best bacon in the tristate area, homemade scrapple, sausage (specialty flavors to die for..or of) I would by a 2lb-5ld slab of uncut bacon for car camping. Slice it about 1/2-3/8 thick and slow cook it over the fire.

Wtf? What did they know?!
Hold the F up. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but where was this tidbit in all the other news:
"Another Capitol Police officer, Brian D. Sicknick, suffered strokes and died of natural causes one day after responding to the attack, Washington DC's chief medical examiner determined in April."

So let me get this straight, the only true "victim" of the day actually died the next day, of natural causes, that were not related to this event? And the 1 person that was shot was killed by agents of the federal government?

Hold the F up. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but where was this tidbit in all the other news:
"Another Capitol Police officer, Brian D. Sicknick, suffered strokes and died of natural causes one day after responding to the attack, Washington DC's chief medical examiner determined in April."

So let me get this straight, the only true "victim" of the day actually died the next day, of natural causes, that were not related to this event? And the 1 person that was shot was killed by agents of the federal government?
Yep, that info was quietly released a while back.

The news dude was funny. GASP!
gay GIF

Back