Lots of interesting news today

Kinda F'd up, and a betrayal to those who voted for her. So yeah, exactly what I'd expect from any politician. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
That's why you don't vote by party
If that were meritous, then her switching parties wouldn't matter.
My biggest take away is that the parties sit on opposite sides of the building. Thats fing ridiculous

Kind of my thoughts. The people that are complaining are basically saying that they voted for someone strictly on party affiliation, not at all on the person. Also, just because she is part of 1 party doesnt mean that they will vote that way. They had no issues overturning the Veto on this last gun bill without the super majority. It probly just means that she is 1 and done.

Kind of my thoughts. The people that are complaining are basically saying that they voted for someone strictly on party affiliation, not at all on the person. Also, just because she is part of 1 party doesnt mean that they will vote that way. They had no issues overturning the Veto on this last gun bill without the super majority. It probly just means that she is 1 and done.
Great point. It's political suicide for her BECAUSE of the red team blue team mindset. Apparently she has voted on both sides during her term anyway, so this is just some kind of posturing.

Yeah, one of the most inflationary, overpriced cities in the state is going to use government money to build affordable homes. :rolleyes:
We need a Dave Chapelle to stir things up

ā€œDave Chappelle didnā€™t kill affordable housing. Concerned residents and a responding village council ā€˜killedā€™ a half-baked plan which never actually offered affordable housing,ā€

I'd like to hear what costs are 'driving people from their homes'
an extra $100 a year on property taxes?

Sounds like just another redistribution program. They don't even hide it anymore.

My costs have increased too.....how about don't give more of my taxes to others and let me keep my money to make repairs on my home or pay my new, higher, electricity bill.
How can they be so obtuse?
Something doesn't add up or isn't explained here.
If you are a long time homeowner how are housing expenses increasing?
A homeowner that has been there decades should be close to owning a home outright, and the payment based on decades-ago dollars. Not today's prices.

Renters, for whom the price of rent may be increasing faster than their increase in income... Yeah I can see that.

Or long term homeowners saying the price of *everything else* pushing them out... I can see that too.
What am I missing

A homeowner that has been there decades should be close to owning a home outright, and the payment based on decades-ago dollars. Not today's prices.

Renters, for whom the price of rent may be increasing faster than their increase in income... Yeah I can see that.

Or long term homeowners saying the price of *everything else* pushing them out... I can see that too.
What am I missing
Entitlement politics.

What am I missing
People who have used their home equity as a piggy bank for refinancing loans and not put anything into maintenance?

People who bought too much house to begin with and didn't put anything into maintenance?

People who financed with Adjustable Rate Mortgages and.... Yep, didn't put anything into maintenance?

Those are the usual scenarios.

Great point. It's political suicide for her BECAUSE of the red team blue team mindset. Apparently she has voted on both sides during her term anyway, so this is just some kind of posturing.
I do hope she sticks to her promised positions that she proclaimed while campaigning. If she does, it should be a wake-up call for some voters in the district that their views and their party affiliation no longer align.

As for those who vote party line tickets without reading/researching views, they deserve to get duped. It should teach the rest of us to take voting seriously. We should understand the positions of the candidates and hold them accountable for their record.

EDIT: For the record, I'm sad to see her leave the Democratic party. I live in a blue leaning city/county. I'm a registered Democrat solely to support free thinking candidates like her in the primary and keep the party at the local/state level from sliding into complete wokeness.

Last edited:

What am I missing
You are so close..... almost on fire!......say it......

I think you know.

Every single hard working tax payer is experiencing higher costs and tighter budgets.

Last edited:
But why are they targeting her when so many other people do the same or worse....

And more importantly I'm glad that mask is protecting her chin.
So, if I've got this right, it's legal and encouraged to contribute large sums of money to a candidate for their "position" on a given topic. It's legal and encouraged for a candidate to state their "position" on a given topic and solicit large sums of money.

But if either party in this obvious business transaction clearly offers or requests direct results in the negotiation, this is a felony...

And we wonder why successful politicians are all experts at double speak and sideways backroom deals.

Broke-Back beer?

brokebackbeer.jpg

Back