Lots of interesting news today

i dont see how the guy driving the car was ticketed. Nothing about being on the ATV was legal.
This tells me that no matter how many laws these idiots are breaking, if your tailight is out, you're going to jail... So mind as well mow as many of them down as you can and make it worth it :bronco:

i dont see how the guy driving the car was ticketed. Nothing about being on the ATV was legal.
I was wondering the same thing. Apparently he didn't stop at a stop sign. There must have been a witness, because the two guys on the 4 wheeler were not talking after the crash.

It sounds like he ran a stop sign. If so he's responsible for the outcomes of doing so, even if somebody else wasn't legal because he caused the accident. E.g. one could argue the ATV riders wouldn't have died if he had stopped. I'm sure there will be a legal battle over it.
Its awful for everybody. Why would idiots have to be on the road in an ATV w/o helmets. I mean, they DID pay the higher price, but rather unfair to this driver.

Lots of bad decisions all around.
ATV guys were NOT wearing helmets. I'd also guess they were boogie-ing down that road at 60-70mph, seeing how fast it would go. Dude probably rolled up to the stop sign, glanced, saw no cars and no motorcycle headlights, and (like he's probably done a thousand times) did a quick bump the brakes and go, then got hit with a WTF was that! Either there was a witness, or he admitted that he didn't completely stop because he didn't see anything coming. I'd think failure to yield should be on the list regardless because he failed to yield.

It sounds like he ran a stop sign. If so he's responsible for the outcomes of doing so, even if somebody else wasn't legal because he caused the accident. E.g. one could argue the ATV riders wouldn't have died if he had stopped. I'm sure there will be a legal battle over it.
Its awful for everybody. Why would idiots have to be on the road in an ATV w/o helmets. I mean, they DID pay the higher price, but rather unfair to this driver.
Understand that. But at some point the people that died should hold some responsibility as well not legal, no helmet, speeding, no headlights at minimum.

I mean if someone ran me over while I was riding a gocart on the road who would be at fault

Just like in Derm, young and older peeps will ride dirt bikes and at atvs up and down the roads all the time . I was in Raleigh a year ago and saw both riding on the road w no helmet and hauling ass. I also saw idiots in loud cars running red lights going way past the limit. I try to stay away from the hoods.

Last edited:
Understand that. But at some point the people that died should hold some responsibility as well not legal, no helmet, speeding, no headlights at minimum.

I mean if someone ran me over while I was riding a gocart on the road who would be at fault
It depends.
^^ this.

In the eyes of the law (and not necessarily what seems morally right) it depends who caused the accident. If the guy didn't stop like he was supposed to, then he caused it. It wouldn't matter if he hit another car, and ATV, a golf cart, a moose, or a duck, it was his actions that initiated the cascade of events.

Article mentions another vehicle w/o injuries, my guess is that's the witness who gets the honor of seeing meat crayons, pointing the finger at somebody else, and dealing with the PTSD of just being in wrong spot at the wrong time and ending up the linchpin in what will likely be a long drawn out legal fight.

Because they know RPD won't pursue them.

Duane
Right - and proof of idiot.
You wear a helmet bc it will save your life, not because of a ticket.

I had a friend who was riding his old 8n up the road and went to make a left turn when a car behind him decided to pass. Car hit the back wheel and sent Woody flying. He was ok but the tractor was pretty messed. The idiot trooper who showed up for the report, after spending a considerable amount of time trying to find the VIN on the 8n, decided it was the cars fault because no pass on double yellow. The other driver was very nice and felt terrible. She said she couldn't believe he was alive. Woody wasn't wearing a helmet or seat belt, had no safety triangle, and didn't signal that he was turning.

I'm on that section of road daily.
Its a war zone.
They are flying on dirtbikes and 4 wheelers and altimas/chargers with expired plates morning, noon and night
Because yes, there is very little police presence or care, cause the dudes will be back on the street the next day.
But two less 4 wheeler hoodlums to terrorize the neighborhood

^^ this.

In the eyes of the law (and not necessarily what seems morally right) it depends who caused the accident. If the guy didn't stop like he was supposed to, then he caused it. It wouldn't matter if he hit another car, and ATV, a golf cart, a moose, or a duck, it was his actions that initiated the cascade of events.

I mean if the ATV wasn’t driving illegally then the wreck wouldn’t have happened. Don’t get the logic here. Just like felony murder. If I’m committing a crime and someone dies it’s my fault. These guys were committing a crime. Their fault.

Right - and proof of idiot.
You wear a helmet bc it will save your life, not because of a ticket.

I agree with you, but there are plenty of motorcycle riders who would say otherwise.

Duane

Back