Mall Crawling Racer...... #4410

You're hearing the squeak of the shock shafts work through the elements. Most race cars just have a louder exhaust to cover it up.

You're hearing the squeak of the shock shafts work through the elements. Most race cars just have a louder exhaust to cover it up.

time for a new exhaust :)

Late to the conversation here, but get an oil cooler with fan. There are quite a few threads where the engine is within range but the oil temps are pushing 260+. You will probably stand to benefit with a larger radiator especially in short course racing or a lot of rocks where your working the tires a lot with throttle but getting very little air flow through the radiator. Try an oil cooler like cbr, and find somewhere to play at race conditions including rocks to see if that helps with heat before getting a bigger radiator and moving it to the rear.

Someone mentioned e85 for power. I just had a 416ci built on e85. It makes more power, allows higher compression (mine 13.4), bigger injectors, up to 30% higher consumption, but it runs cooler without the carbon build up.

Also benefit to cool the trans with fan type cooler as well.

Are you looking for a seat in the main event or looking to drive? I've got a chassis with gear works 10", 630hp motor above, 4l80, looking at a hero to run in low range that I need to nut and do something about on 40" treps. It's just money....sigh.

Something's cooking at REDLYNER Racing......

#RoyalOakCharcoal

image.jpg

sorry to say that sounded like CRAP.. what was all the banging and clanking from

Sounds like the bump pads hitting and the bypasses clicking. You wouldn't know... You've never gone that fast. :flipoff2:

Sounds like the bump pads hitting and the bypasses clicking. You wouldn't know... You've never gone that fast. :flipoff2:

Not in a beat up TJ. :)

What PSI do you run in the front air bumps on the TJ?

Right around 200psi. Pressure has felt pretty good, possibly could go a little more as they are on the softer side. But they've been great so far.

What in the fawk is this?

I couldn't find "several" ... just the one.

Jay must have paid someone off at the lab. The gel has made it to human trials and somehow I ended up as the first test subject! Be prepared, it won't be long before this stuff is flying off the shelves of Walmart and Target! ***Also, heed the warning labels, this gel turned his grocery getting TJ into a fire breathing BEAST!
100_3465.JPG
100_3468.JPG

Realized you have an aluminum block. Im guessing that's why it's lighter than the 4.0.

Pretty sure an iron block 5.3 is lighter than a 4.0.

As far as your brake failure... Brake fluid is hygroscopic (absorbs water). If your fluid is contaminated and gets above the boiling point of water, the vapor will act like air in the lines. I imagine you change your fluids regularly so this shouldn't be an issue, but just a thought.

Back