Military Vehicles Thread

Has a couple leaks (of course not easy stuff like hoses), but it at least functions.

Side note, it has a TON of hours on it. It is almost to 12. :-D

IMG_20200902_104839557_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Guess that really hit the back burner.
along with the quad cab, the toyota truck....and....and.....

Sorry Michael...that low hanging fruit was just too ripe NOT to pick :lol:

Plus side, I just sold two projects. I seriously am trying to sell off all the extra projects (including a diesel toyota). Bad part is I seem to buy more stuff in the process... Buying/selling for a living sucks sometimes, because if I have nothing, I have nothing to sell :-D

And finally pulled a stump/log out so the cut can be finished. Had to lift it with the stinger on the wrecker and pull it out. Took a few tries but finally got it. The tree fell in December, finally getting the last of it up. It was just a small red oak :-D. 50"+ at the base
IMG_20200923_150528486_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200923_150520242.jpg

@Tacoma747 how much would you charge to come pull my m817 out on my land in Madison when I inevitably get it stuck. Lol

Too much :-D. That's a long drive! Actually looking to sell the wreckers, but I would still have a MTVR, but it would probably need about 20k lbs in the bed to give it some traction. Not to say I couldn't do it, but my advice is don't get stuck. I got a MK-48/14 stuck once, it was not fun to get out, made a huge mess.

I had a MK-48/15 wrecker at the time, but the winch didn't work so I had to snatch it out. Made a huge mess but eventually got it out. For anyone wondering, 8x8 really only equates to about 2 tires that turn. Either something didn't work right or the 8x8 system really sucks on those trucks. It it would have 8 spinning tires it would have made it through that no problem.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZbDm9z7iBXrMKJon7

Attachments

• IMG_20170406_100003271.jpg
    IMG_20170406_100003271.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20170406_100153513.jpg
    IMG_20170406_100153513.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 213
Too much :-D. That's a long drive! Actually looking to sell the wreckers, but I would still have a MTVR, but it would probably need about 20k lbs in the bed to give it some traction. Not to say I couldn't do it, but my advice is don't get stuck. I got a MK-48/14 stuck once, it was not fun to get out, made a huge mess.
Yeah the guy I got it from said he got it stuck and his D6 was barely able to get it out, so I don't think my svl95 or kx161 will do a darn thing for me. Sooooo how much for a wrecker. Lol

Yeah the guy I got it from said he got it stuck and his D6 was barely able to get it out, so I don't think my svl95 or kx161 will do a darn thing for me. Sooooo how much for a wrecker. Lol

Asking $17k for the one pictured. I have used it a lot but goings I start using the crane instead.

How to justify this purchase with the boss lady hmmmm. Come to find out buying a farm is expensive haha

Just think of all the heavy stuff you could pick up with it. I have a svl-90, it will do a lot but sometimes it just won't do the job, like with that big red oak!

I wish that oak was closer. I'd love to get some 8' sections to get planked.

And a 46" mill is a big one. Most guys can't cut over 30-36". Sadly it is probably going to o end up as firewood for someone. If anyone wants a log come on by, I have plenty!
He might be using a Alaskan mill for the big stuff. He texted me back saying if I wanted live edges it would need to be no bigger than 46" If I wanted boards no more than 26".

I *think* this one needs a front tire. Does anyone know where I can get the tire vulcanized? Truck just showed up a couple days ago from California. Truck #2 should be here in a week or so. Planning to take two to make one for the moment, but looking to buy a parts truck ASAP to use to complete the other one. This one needs a front driveshaft (bent), a couple tires, and a ECM (missing). Visually everything checks out otherwise. It definitely needs a wash job, there is about 1/8" of california dirt inside the cab.

IMG_20201003_110242300_HDR.jpg

I *think* this one needs a front tire. Does anyone know where I can get the tire vulcanized? Truck just showed up a couple days ago from California. Truck #2 should be here in a week or so. Planning to take two to make one for the moment, but looking to buy a parts truck ASAP to use to complete the other one. This one needs a front driveshaft (bent), a couple tires, and a ECM (missing). Visually everything checks out otherwise. It definitely needs a wash job, there is about 1/8" of california dirt inside the cab.

View attachment 327499
Vulcanizing Compound

Back