Military Vehicles Thread

I *think* this one needs a front tire. Does anyone know where I can get the tire vulcanized? Truck just showed up a couple days ago from California. Truck #2 should be here in a week or so. Planning to take two to make one for the moment, but looking to buy a parts truck ASAP to use to complete the other one. This one needs a front driveshaft (bent), a couple tires, and a ECM (missing). Visually everything checks out otherwise. It definitely needs a wash job, there is about 1/8" of california dirt inside the cab.

View attachment 327499
Carelfully bottle that dirt and ship it back.....we don't need no commie seeds dropped here!

303AD556-AD38-4273-912B-66B3EB136C19.jpeg

Picked up the HMMWV for a friend and the basket for my crane in Albany this morning. Not a drive that I look forward to doing again, but worked out good this time. Sold the diesel Toyota I have had for sale forever so I delivered it to Cumming, GA. Also delivered some truck parts to Greenville, SC on the way down. Got the basket for $250 (after fees/tax), and fuel was covered for bringing the hmmwv home and delivering the Toyota. Not many trips I make money on fuel but got lucky this time.

IMG_20201005_080829214_HDR.jpg

The boys couldn't wait to get raised up in the basket, Corbin wanted me to put it on last night at 8:00.... Already used it to trim one tree that had a bunch of dead branches, my wife is learning to operate machinery :-D

IMG_20201006_102853433_HDR.jpg

The boys couldn't wait to get raised up in the basket, Corbin wanted me to put it on last night at 8:00.... Already used it to trim one tree that had a bunch of dead branches, my wife is learning to operate machinery :-D

View attachment 327698
With that color you got a drivable deer stand.

@Tacoma747
Do you have any dump trucks for sale? 6x6 preferred? I have a friend in Salisbury looking for one for his property in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Some were sold a couple weeks ago which is a rarity, but I didn't buy one. I may eventually put a dump bed on my MTVR, and have another MTVR I will sell, but that would be a $25k-35k truck without the addition of a dump bed and most people with good sense aren't going to spend that just to use around their farm. I sold a Stewart Stevenson to a guy up in Sparta, he had a guy in Wilkesboro make the bed a dump, cost him about $4k. From what I have seen, most people that want a dump military truck want an old POS for $5-8k, they won't get in a nice Stewart Stevenson for that price. Honestly, I haven't bought a S&S in awhile that I think would be a truck I could sell, most I buy I consider parts trucks. I bought one with a crane recently I hope will be nice enough to fix up.

Do you think that the hummers will be coming out soon for surplus with the now JLTV truck being in service? VA has some stricter rules but I'm still looking a getting one.

Bill

Do you think that the hummers will be coming out soon for surplus with the now JLTV truck being in service? VA has some stricter rules but I'm still looking a getting one.

Bill
They have been selling HMMWV's for a few years now. I have one more to sell and I won't be buying anymore (I say that, but if a nice one with a turbo engine pops up cheap I might would) they are too hard to title in NC. Actually have a guy up north that restores them that may be buying this one from me, I have too many other projects, don't feel like messing with the HMMWV.

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_160446896.jpg
    IMG_20201230_160446896.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 132
Have a guy buying the wrecker but used it to unload a truck today. Had the truck that is on the trailer delivered from upstate NY, Winched off his trailer onto mine, met the driver about 3 miles from my property in Pinnacle. Had to winch the wrecker up my driveway with the dozer, now I have to go back tomorrow and regrade the driveway :-D

IMG_20210113_171156866.jpg

It runs! Worked on it for a few hours, robbed some parts off parts trucks, but it drove off the trailer and up the hill, still need to replace at least two tires, but probably all 6. Always a relief when a truck shows up and actually runs.

IMG_20210114_153558157_HDR.jpg

Sold a Freightliner cab today, but have been working on the m1084 quite a bit. VERY nice running truck, to say I am stoked with it is putting it lightly! The extra power the 3126 (330hp) gives over the 3116 (290hp) is a plus, and the exhaust brake is nice too. It only took replacing two hoses to get the crane working, although it will need more replaced as it gets used more I am sure. Lifted the cab and an engine with it today.

IMG_20210120_111630535_HDR.jpg

The way our government works:

The truck on the trailer in the above pic, probably a mid 90's truck. Engine is spotless, cab is beat all to crap (but I have seen worse). It has 4 2017 tires, one 2018 tire, and one 2010. Had 4 fairly new batteries. Missing various parts such as door parts, alternator, etc. Very nice truck aside from the cab. Oh yea, 3/4 tank of fuel in it too. I put fresh batteries in it and fired it up, runs like a champ, but not driveable due to air dryer being disassembled. Honestly, one of the nicer parts trucks I have purchased.

If you ever want to see government waste, just look at auctions. But that said, selling them for pennies is still better than scrapping them which they do plenty of as well.

I bought my M1008 listed as "not running". The pictures showed it was all there...so screw it. It had ONE dead battery. I fired it up and drove it on the trailer. It be like that sometimes!

I bought my M1008 listed as "not running". The pictures showed it was all there...so screw it. It had ONE dead battery. I fired it up and drove it on the trailer. It be like that sometimes!
Yeah but things like lmtvs and hmmwvs that are still being used, a lot of times the ones you see for sale on govplanet have been picked apart by the motor t guys for anything usable on another truck. And some those parts not cheap. You def got lucky

Well, I also knew that these were mainly used by the Army up until the de-commed them and I bought it off of a Marine Corp base that didn't have any of these trucks around. Gov Liquidation also got in big trouble for not taking actual pics of vehicles they were selling. But, yeah, I still lucked out. Mine had "high" mileage too. 86,000!

Oh..and there was a guy on Steel Soldiers who could run the VIN and tell you where the truck came from. That definitely helped.

I have a set of four Hutchinson 20" internal bead clamp rings, pulled from a set of XMLs. Looks to be about in as good of shape as possible.

What are these worth and does anyone want them?

Back