Military Vehicles Thread

With all those bucket trucks I'll assume its at the JJ Kane yard in Concord for this weeks auction. It will sell for an absurd price before even factoring in fees.

200.gif

I woke up this morning wanting a twin turbo LS powered Humvee for some reason. Nothing particular triggered this itch, but I figured I'd re-read this thread to make me focus on other cool shit.

I still want the Humvee, but now I want a Hemtt too. Thanks.

PS : You really have a cool job / collection of army vehicles.

I woke up this morning wanting a twin turbo LS powered Humvee for some reason. Nothing particular triggered this itch, but I figured I'd re-read this thread to make me focus on other cool shit.

I still want the Humvee, but now I want a Hemtt too. Thanks.

PS : You really have a cool job / collection of army vehicles.
This might be posted elsewhere, but this would really make you want a HEMTT---until you ride in one and it bounces you into the roof. Worst riding vehicle I have ever been in.

saw you before the 4 way. I was in the honda

Didn't see you. When you drive such a truck you don't look down upon the peasants beneath you. (Mostly because you are jealous they are getting 30+mpg and you are getting----- 3....)

So basically going to the scrapyard paid for my fuel to get there and back!!

Denton rally this weekend if anyone is bored. The Huey ride is awesome FYI.
I second the huey ride! Whole show is pretty neat!

20180428_120512.jpg

20180428_120752.jpg

How much for the Huey ride? I would love to put my wife back in one. She was a flight medic for 18 of her 20 yrs and started out in a UH-1 before the swapped to UH-60’s. I think she would love it but not if it’s ridiculous.

How much for the Huey ride? I would love to put my wife back in one. She was a flight medic for 18 of her 20 yrs and started out in a UH-1 before the swapped to UH-60’s. I think she would love it but not if it’s ridiculous.
I think it was 40 bucks maybe? But thats been a few years.

I was thinking it was about $80. But I took my son up so maybe it was $80 for us both? I fully expect both my oldest sons to want to go up this year. They are on spring break so they will be there with me from Wednesday-sunday so I told them their payment (for the minimal help they will perform) will be a Huey ride.

It's about a 15 minute flight but it is not just a 'scenic' flight, they try to make it exciting, couple low passes over the park at the end of each flight. The door gunner seat has gotta be the best spot, not sure if you can pick but I will flat out tell them I won't fly till I get the door seat haha.

I was thinking it was about $80. But I took my son up so maybe it was $80 for us both? I fully expect both my oldest sons to want to go up this year. They are on spring break so they will be there with me from Wednesday-sunday so I told them their payment (for the minimal help they will perform) will be a Huey ride.

It's about a 15 minute flight but it is not just a 'scenic' flight, they try to make it exciting, couple low passes over the park at the end of each flight. The door gunner seat has gotta be the best spot, not sure if you can pick but I will flat out tell them I won't fly till I get the door seat haha.

It's been a few years, so you could very well be right. I got a door seat and it was freaking awesome. Yea we had a cool pilot. Some pretty aggressive banking and treetop passes made for an awesome ride.

Well, it was AMAZING. Well worth the money for the ride. Of my 20 yrs in the service I’ve ridden on pretty much everything that flys in the inventory except a Huey. I’ve worked with Huey gunships from the USMC along side the AH-1 Super Cobra, just never rode on a Huey. It was a full blown smiles per gallon situation. The pilot got after it too; banks, climbs, dips! Well worth the drive and a few dollars. Most important was seeing the smile on my wife’s face as it brought back memories from her time in the service and her FAVORITE air frame! 5/5 stars. Would recommend!!

And, got to meet @Tacoma747 and put another face to a “name” which is always cool.

Last edited:
Back