Mini Bike Thread

For those that have bikes, what kind of top speed are y’all getting?

I get ~55 mph. I can sustain about 50. Running 55 will jar/vibrate you to death if you hold it for long.

That's a full on race bike. Front suspension, springer seat and new tires.

I ain’t gonna lie, the springer seat is pretty sweet. I feel like I’m in one of those videos of ww2 where they’re getting bounced all over the place on harleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35335f97d0ce5d882f5a3849f05e56d7.jpg

Mini bike is on the table!

Got it all stripped down and started on the 212. Anyone install the 8 degree advance? Also the exhaust I got won’t work as well as the filter for breather and tank.

I need to install the new valve springs and remove the governor and motor will be ready.

Also got some upgraded brakes and new throttle and kill switch

My flywheel had 8* advance built into it. Go ahead and delete the low oil switch also. Mine would cut off whilst dragging knees in the twistys before i bypassed it.
planned on doing that when i pull the governor out of it. did you get a different flywheel or the factory one? they send me a new key to replace that was suppose to advance timing.

planned on doing that when i pull the governor out of it. did you get a different flywheel or the factory one? they send me a new key to replace that was suppose to advance timing.
I put an ARC billet flywheel in mine. My go-kart racing buddy said if you turn the stock flywheel too hard it will sling the magnet. I put an 8* key in another guys mini and he has not had any issues. I took the side cover off, pulled the governor and all associated gears out and then the level sensor itself (it displaces a few ounces of oil). I drilled and tapped the holes and used bolts to seal them. I did not realize at the time the throttle linkage used the governor rod for a pivot point to pull the butterfly on the carb. I ended up buying an aftermarket linkage the bolted to the blower housing. I cut the flange off of my exhaust ground it smooth. That way I could rotate and trim the pipe to make it route anywhere I wanted it to go and then just finish welded and wrapped.

I put an ARC billet flywheel in mine. My go-kart racing buddy said if you turn the stock flywheel too hard it will sling the magnet. I put an 8* key in another guys mini and he has not had any issues. I took the side cover off, pulled the governor and all associated gears out and then the level sensor itself (it displaces a few ounces of oil). I drilled and tapped the holes and used bolts to seal them. I did not realize at the time the throttle linkage used the governor rod for a pivot point to pull the butterfly on the carb. I ended up buying an aftermarket linkage the bolted to the blower housing. I cut the flange off of my exhaust ground it smooth. That way I could rotate and trim the pipe to make it route anywhere I wanted it to go and then just finish welded and wrapped.

Guess I’ll run the stock flywheel till she blows. I’ll look for the linkage since I’ll probably need that.

I’d your rear brake still cable? I got a hydraulic one and couldn’t get it to bleed last night

Did some work on the mini bike tonight. New clutch since the get together killed mine, and some storage.

20201229_173243.jpg

Easily removable for when I need to open up a can of whoopass on yall :flipoff2:

I had forgotten how cold 35° is when on a bike. I need a helmet, if only for warmth.

Yeah those look way more thought out that what we would probably end up with. I see us having two mismatched bikes loosely leashed together dragging a Radio Flyer wagon if we're lucky :laughing:

Duane

I forgot all about this thread! I had a friend loop mine out and break the brake lever, so I upgraded to hydraulic. Saving my beer money for valve springs and a flywheel. Gonna see how high we can wing it before it kicks a rod out of the block.

@Infamous1 does yours have the mikuni carb?

I forgot all about this thread! I had a friend loop mine out and break the brake lever, so I upgraded to hydraulic. Saving my beer money for valve springs and a flywheel. Gonna see how high we can wing it before it kicks a rod out of the block.

@Infamous1 does yours have the mikuni carb?
No just the jet kit and valve springs. I put a black mamba cam, springs and a mikuni on my trike. It was a beast. I think a slide type carb would stick out too far on my frame.

No just the jet kit and valve springs. I put a black mamba cam, springs and a mikuni on my trike. It was a beast. I think a slide type carb would stick out too far on my frame.

How much of a difference did the carb make on the trike?

Finished mine up today. The cvt is worth it, remember how nicks was it is a way smoother transition from start to power. I twisted it out as much as I could on my short road and never hit the rev limiter, no clue how fast I was going but it got there pretty quick. It will also pull the front tire while moving.
But will it stop? 😳

Back