[Nov 8, 2013] 3RD Annual Uwharrie Veterans ride Nov 8th-10th (Troy, NC)

Fires are allowed, make sure to use the fire rings that are in the woodline already setup, the fire Saturday night will be warm enough for everyone! You can camp anywhere along the treeline of the property, those that are bringing larger camping trailers, there is some fairly flat ground in the field behind the barn. If you are tent camping please stay at or in the tree line so we don't have anyone ran over.

too bad you aren't leaving friday.You could caravan with me.Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

I would definitely prefer to follow you out. I have only been here in NC for a few months and not been to URE. I'll let you know in a day or so if I think I will be able to go Friday or not. Earliest we would be able to leave Friday would be 6pm, my wife works until 5:30pm.

Last edited:
I am new to NC and offroading. This will be my first event and i am very much looking forward to it. Hope to meet lots of cool people and have a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would definitely prefer to follow you out. I have only been here in NC for a few months and not been to URE. I'll let you know in a day or so if I think I will be able to go Friday or not. Earliest we would be able to leave Friday would be 6pm, my wife works until 5:30pm.
I'm shooting for leaving around 12 but no worries about the trip there.It's a rather straight shot from here.Please God don't go by the GPS tho.I can give you directions.GPS will lie to you and send you around by interstate and then wind up who knows where.Seen it more than once.

Steve,you coming down friday?I can bring some wood for a fire if you want to do one.
Yes, I am planning on arriving Friday around 4pm or so. I am going to throw some wood on the trailer as well. Better to have too much than not enough.

I'm shooting for leaving around 12 but no worries about the trip there.It's a rather straight shot from here.Please God don't go by the GPS tho.I can give you directions.GPS will lie to you and send you around by interstate and then wind up who knows where.Seen it more than once.

If I follow the above map directions are they close?

yes,that will get you to the outpost. Leaving from here tho,you want to take Stevens Mill road and head west.That is the road Bentonville battleground is on and also goes through Cherry Hospital.You will travel this for roughly 15 miles or so and then you will come to a stop sign on 701.Go across 701 and at the second stop sign,turn right.This is Hwy50.You can also get on hwy50 at Newton Grove.Hwy 50 will take you to Benson.You will cross over I95,go through town and head towards Campbell Colledge.The road number will change to hwy27.Go through Campbell Colledge and you will merge onto 421N but 27 is still your number.When you get to Lillington,at the first stop light,turn left.This is still 421,hwy27.Stay in the outside lane across the river,up the hill,and look ofr hwy27 to turn left.Now you will stay on 27,picking up 24 about 15miles out and it turnes into hwy24/27.You will go through Cameron,Carthage,Biscoe,and eventually into Troy.You will only be 12 miles or so from the Eldorado Outpost from here.Take 109 as per the map at the top of the page. It seems like alot but once you get to Benson,you stay basically on 27 all the way to Troy.
My number is 9one9-nine2one-sixteen06. Give me a holler later and I can explain it a little more in detail.

when CNC was there for our fall bash I parked up on top by the woods, can I park there again?

example: when you come in from the road if you just drove straight all the way to the woods.. If I bring out my camper can we park up there again.. it was easier to be level for me then down in the middle area?

thanks

Jason give me a shout if you still want a hand Thursday. Hit me up off line if you need my number. Am on the lake camping up here right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

yes,that will get you to the outpost. Leaving from here tho,you want to take Stevens Mill road and head west.That is the road Bentonville battleground is on and also goes through Cherry Hospital.You will travel this for roughly 15 miles or so and then you will come to a stop sign on 701.Go across 701 and at the second stop sign,turn right.This is Hwy50.You can also get on hwy50 at Newton Grove.Hwy 50 will take you to Benson.You will cross over I95,go through town and head towards Campbell Colledge.The road number will change to hwy27.Go through Campbell Colledge and you will merge onto 421N but 27 is still your number.When you get to Lillington,at the first stop light,turn left.This is still 421,hwy27.Stay in the outside lane across the river,up the hill,and look ofr hwy27 to turn left.Now you will stay on 27,picking up 24 about 15miles out and it turnes into hwy24/27.You will go through Cameron,Carthage,Biscoe,and eventually into Troy.You will only be 12 miles or so from the Eldorado Outpost from here.Take 109 as per the map at the top of the page. It seems like alot but once you get to Benson,you stay basically on 27 all the way to Troy.
My number is 9one9-nine2one-sixteen06. Give me a holler later and I can explain it a little more in detail.

How long does it take to get there?

when CNC was there for our fall bash I parked up on top by the woods, can I park there again?

example: when you come in from the road if you just drove straight all the way to the woods.. If I bring out my camper can we park up there again.. it was easier to be level for me then down in the middle area?

thanks
That should be just fine

Jason give me a shout if you still want a hand Thursday. Hit me up off line if you need my number. Am on the lake camping up here right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
do need your help if available...will be at the training center about 9 Thursday morning,bring your saw if you can thanks

If you have not been to one of the past Veterans rides then this is the year to go. If you have a friend, family member or even know a coworker that has served bring them out and introduce them to wheeling and to experience the comradory that they may not have had since they were active duty.

If you have a friend, or a family member that is currently serving, give them a shout and invite them out. Even if they don't have a trail rig I guarantee they will have a ride.

Hey Jason,
It's been a while since we've wheeled together. Looking forward to this coming Saturday. I'll look you up when I get there Saturday morning. I was there for the 1st Veterans event, missed the second one, but not going to miss this one.

Mick

Well, I really hate to say it but Xenia, Nicholai and I are not going to make it this year. As most of you know we had a little trouble with my truck and Jeep back in September and both are still out of action. In addition to that Xenia and I are starting a new business which has taken most of our time and all our extra funds. Our opening day is this Saturday, not by our choice btw, so that is also a conflict.
I look forward to seeing everyone later this year or next, hopefully in our new ZJ.

Y'all have fun.

Last edited:
Well, I really hate to say it but Xenia, Nicholai and I are not going to make it this year. As most of you know we had a little trouble with my truck and Jeep back in September and both are still out of action. In addition to that Xenia and I are starting a new business which has taken most of our time and all our extra funds. Our opening day is this Saturday, not by our choice btw, so that is also a conflict.
I look forward to seeing everyone later this year or next, hopefully in our new ZJ.

Y'all have fun.
Len,ya'll will be missed this year but hopefully your new adventure will take off.There will allways be next year.

it's roughly 125 miles from here or 2.5 hours depending on how hard you push it.Come friday evenin and we'll help you get your tent and all set up.

It'll be pushin 9pm if we leave Friday night, we won't be bothering any one that late? And is there any rules for alcohol containers, like no glass?

Hey guys,

This sounds like a great event/cause! What about pop up campers? I would be interested in camping Friday and Saturday nights. Also, what about pets, firewood, etc. Is there just one big bonfire on Sat night or would individual fires be allowe? My wife hates the cold, LOL! Im in a lifted JK and my son will be in a lifted LJ, just got his tranny rebuilt, so ready to test it out on the trails some.

Thanks,

Chris

Hey guys,

This sounds like a great event/cause! What about pop up campers? I would be interested in camping Friday and Saturday nights. Also, what about pets, firewood, etc. Is there just one big bonfire on Sat night or would individual fires be allowe? My wife hates the cold, LOL! Im in a lifted JK and my son will be in a lifted LJ, just got his tranny rebuilt, so ready to test it out on the trails some.

Thanks,

Chris

Fires are allowed, make sure to use the fire rings that are in the woodline already setup, the fire Saturday night will be warm enough for everyone! You can camp anywhere along the treeline of the property, those that are bringing larger camping trailers, there is some fairly flat ground in the field behind the barn. If you are tent camping please stay at or in the tree line so we don't have anyone ran over.

I assume campers are ok as well.

It'll be pushin 9pm if we leave Friday night, we won't be bothering any one that late? And is there any rules for alcohol containers, like no glass?
naw..come on. We will have plenty ofr light and hands. Alcohol In the forest...it's a nono.Now where we are camping,I'm not sure.Anybody know?

I assume campers are ok as well.

Yes, you are welcome to bring youre campers big or small, there will be room, no electric hook up, bring leveling blocks for youre pop up!

Pets are welcome, please keep youre dogs on a leash/ and or close to you.
There will be a very large fire for Saturday night, you are welcome to build a fire in the fire rings that are in the edge of the treeline.
The outpost has firewood for sale across the street, you can scavenge deadfall in the woods if youd like.

Look forward to meeting a lot of great people and honoring or VETS!!!! I knocked the dust off of one of the jeeps and plan on having a great day wheelin'. Bringing a great friend (marine vet of 13 yrs) and his son. Actually, he invited me. I missed it last year but I am looking forward to making it this year. This will be the first trail ride I have done in about 12 years or so. Looking forward to getting back into the woods and could not think of a better event to start it off!

Back