Random Thoughts.....

I thought for years the the 'salt life' stickers said 'slut life'

maybe they should….
I'm glad I'm not the only one ...

I'm glad I'm not the only one ...

X2. It's a running joke/game with me and the wife when we are in the car. Given majority of the cars they are on, I think it still fits.

I'm a little slow on this one... Does Salt Life make actual products or something, or is just a sticker thing? I've never thought to look it up on the internet after seeing the vehicles the stickers are on.

I'm a little slow on this one... Does Salt Life make actual products or something, or is just a sticker thing? I've never thought to look it up on the internet after seeing the vehicles the stickers are on.
No, they do not make a product other than Stickers, shirts... schwag. What it boils down to is someone made a "cool" logo and marketed the SHIT out of it.

They are one of our clients. We do store display/retail fixtures for them.

No, they do not make a product other than Stickers, shirts... schwag. What it boils down to is someone made a "cool" logo and marketed the SHIT out of it.

They are one of our clients. We do store display/retail fixtures for them.
I think it started as beach bar, then, as a said above - cool logo, marketing etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I got the new set of tires for the wife's car from Tire Rack, and got them mounted on the other set of wheels (Pit Stop Tire in Denver, 1/2 hour away but worth the drive), and swapped the wheels/tires in about 15 minutes. I also did a rattle can touch-up on the plastic center caps.

During this, I noticed the inner DOJ boot on the axle was split and slinging grease everywhere (I found it with my nose first). I just did the other one last year, because it's right under the cat converter and gets baked. Apparently this one doesn't need to be baked in order to fail. Stinky, messy job that's a pain in the ass.

Well, that's half of a Saturday in 100 degree heat, if I can find an OEM boot kit locally before then. Probably have to go up to Mooresville to Randy Marion like usual.

Hopefully the joint is still good and just needs a new boot and fresh grease.

:mad:

So I got the new set of tires for the wife's car from Tire Rack, and got them mounted on the other set of wheels (Pit Stop Tire in Denver, 1/2 hour away but worth the drive), and swapped the wheels/tires in about 15 minutes. I also did a rattle can touch-up on the plastic center caps.

During this, I noticed the inner DOJ boot on the axle was split and slinging grease everywhere (I found it with my nose first). I just did the other one last year, because it's right under the cat converter and gets baked. Apparently this one doesn't need to be baked in order to fail. Stinky, messy job that's a pain in the ass.

Well, that's half of a Saturday in 100 degree heat, if I can find an OEM boot kit locally before then. Probably have to go up to Mooresville to Randy Marion like usual.

:mad:

how much is a replacement axle shaft ? thats a lot of messy greasy work for little gain, if left and right can be swapped, you might be $$$ ahead to get a spare axle and a boot kit, swap the axle in, do the boot at your leisure and somewhere not baking in the sun. For that matter, if the axle shaft is cheap enough, whats your time worth ?

how much is a replacement axle shaft ? thats a lot of messy greasy work for little gain, if left and right can be swapped, you might be $$$ ahead to get a spare axle and a boot kit, swap the axle in, do the boot at your leisure and somewhere not backing in the sun. For that matter, if the axle shaft is cheap enough, whats your time worth ?

Aftermarket stuff is horrible quality for Subarus, and is not worth the gamble. So it's OEM only, which is the bailout plan if the joint is bad. The OEM boot kit is about $26, and includes the boot, both band clamps, snap ring, and grease. A new axle nut adds a few more bucks, and is obviously needed no matter what.

New OEM front axle is about $375 online, more at the dealer.

The whole corner has to be blown apart to the point that the axle can be removed regardless of whether the boot or the entire axle is replaced, and blowing the corner apart and reassembling/torquing everything is actually most of the work involved. I think I usually pop the lower ball joint and tie rods joints off, and leave the strut attached. I think that gives enough articulation, I can't remember.

love how subs never look at drawings till the day before it bids and call with a hundred questions

Every damn time!!!!

My favorite was a recent $65m High School and we allowed a month to bid it....not a single PME question until the day before it bid (too late for addendums)

I mean I get it everyone is busy. But I could do a lot more if I didnt have to call and bug subs to get them to do their job. I've called a sub 5 times since Friday to come pick his drawings up... still not showed up and it bids Wednesday 10am

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I mean I get it everyone is busy

You hit it on the head!

Right now, I'm hard pressed to get 3 GC's (much less subs) to show up and even GIVE a number (public work requires 3 bids)

I've got chillers and cooling tower jobs all over the state that need replacing over the summer break and I can't hardly get 2 mechanicals to even show up. I beg for courtesy bids most of the time from MC's that do a lot of our work, but the guys there to actually compete are still sky high because they're too busy to do the work. Same with plumbers and electrical contractors. What a contrast to 3 years ago when we'd have 13 GC's there to bid a 2000sqft classroom wing renovation

You hit it on the head!

Right now, I'm hard pressed to get 3 GC's (much less subs) to show up and even GIVE a number (public work requires 3 bids)

I've got chillers and cooling tower jobs all over the state that need replacing over the summer break and I can't hardly get 2 mechanicals to even show up. I beg for courtesy bids most of the time from MC's that do a lot of our work, but the guys there to actually compete are still sky high because they're too busy to do the work. Same with plumbers and electrical contractors. What a contrast to 3 years ago when we'd have 13 GC's there to bid a 2000sqft classroom wing renovation
We've had several subs turn down the work on this job. It's in the middle of no where. This Is the second time it's bid, first time one GC showed up. We're bidding it because we have a superintendent that lives halfway between the office and the project. But at least for the company I work for we do take offs on everything to check the subs and I've finished the whole drawings in a couple of days and can't get subs to look at it. That or they don't read the specs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ever left a restaurant so terrible you regret leaving $.08 tip?

I'm gonna go throw up now.

That's what you get for eating that SC BBQ!

Matt

Ate "Carolina BBQ" in Vegas last week. Needless to say I pissed out of my ass the rest of the day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ate "Carolina BBQ" in Vegas last week. Needless to say I pissed out of my ass the rest of the day.

I've learned... I don't eat anything labeled "Carolina BBQ" anywhere EXCEPT in the Carolinas... and then of course it's just called "Barbecue"

Touché, good motto to live by though. Also, don't east sushi in the desert is another good idea.

I've learned... I don't eat anything labeled "Carolina BBQ" anywhere EXCEPT in the Carolinas... and then of course it's just called "Barbecue"
Ive saw some labeled "Carolina style" bbq.

Back