RLF Shop Thread

Some impromptu trailer repair on a Friday afternoon after I fubar'd my cousin's dump trailer hauling a load of brush (bc HOA) to the local mulch processor. I managed to jump on the end hard enough to get it to bend back and fenagle the tailgate shut, then go get ~4 ton of gravel from Martin Marietta otw to the shop.

View attachment 379173

View attachment 379174

Piece of Chinese junk clip broke while I was driving out from under the load and it dropped the tailgate without me realizing it. I pulled up about 30 ft and dragged the tailgate, breaking all kinds of welds and folding the side in to about 45*.

View attachment 379175
How’s the old truck doing? Can I buy it back yet?

How’s the old truck doing? Can I buy it back yet?
I ain't cussed her in a few wks since getting the loose CAN Bus wire fixed (thx @Nakoma). She been running strong with no issues since but it surely gave me fits for a while. Not quite ready to turn it loose though, but she does need a bath. I let @Joe J. drive her there other day... he said she very light on her feet for a big girl

What kind of jackstands is that axle sitting on?
Damn nice one! Looks like they fold up too.

They're just pipe stands. I had bought a set off Amazon awhile back because they were cheap ($110/each) and I wanted to use them as jackstands. 2500lb capacity, red ones go to almost 4ft I think and the black ones are a touch taller.

I was in Robert's Oxygen a few weeks back getting some supplies and I finally asked how much they were (thinking they'd be $180+ being at a store), well they're $100/each 😎 Told duder I'd take two. Gonna eventually get another pair just because they're nice to have around.

Only caution I'll say about them is you have to lock down the t handle screw if you're putting a rig on them (if not they will slide in on themselves a bit, totally not scary at all). Work perfectly for buggys or rigs with rock sliders, keeps the underside nice and open for suspension work and the ability to level it out considering my floor is definitely not level.

Og red set
20220901_230528.jpg

They would be nicer with some pink paint.
I told Chris when I was over there a couple nights ago...I'm not gonna lie, I kinda dig that axle & would totally rock it without the penis sticker

I told Chris when I was over there a couple nights ago...I'm not gonna lie, I kinda dig that axle & would totally rock it without the penis sticker

Everything except the penis sticker is staying. The effort that went in to removing the Yukon badge deserves to be celebrated.

Everything except the penis sticker is staying. The effort that went in to removing the Yukon badge deserves to be celebrated.

Looks like four pop rivets? 🤷‍♂️ It couldn't have been thaaaaaat bad. Could it?

Why all the penis hate? I love mine. Just wish I could use it more.

Back