Stock class XJ build.

I have an extra :)

I have a D44 that's not nearly as bad as that, but still could use a bit of massaging. I was going to chain it down to the trailer, but if you have a loose beam, that works a hell of a lot better.

I'm in no rush, but please don't haul it off to TT&E without telling me first.

I have a D44 that's not nearly as bad as that, but still could use a bit of massaging. I was going to chain it down to the trailer, but if you have a loose beam, that works a hell of a lot better.

I'm in no rush, but please don't haul it off to TT&E without telling me first.

come and get it and bring some nc4x4 stickers

Worked in the shop and we knocked a few more things getting us closer for the next race in Kentucky.

Axles done minus diff fluid, door reinstalled, and tires back on. List is getting smaller

All loaded up for the next race. We leave Thursday morning.
d6692d07980044bf2afa7cb049a5ddd1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Some stats from this past weekend race at AOP running our old beat up Jeep Cherokee

1st place in qualifying
- top speed 32 during qualifying
2nd place finish
- top speed 49 in main race
Axle shafts broke = 2
Unit bearing broke = 1
We lost brakes on the entire first lap right after the start.

Overall a blast and we love doing this. Can't wait for Oklahoma in June.

@ultra4racing
@ironman4x4fab
@eastcoastgearsupply
@ruggedradios
@bfgoodrichtires
@psc_performance_steering
@impaks_garage

#jeepcherokee
#jeepxj
#racingjeep

f02863f1b23c6caa8e3776c9abd7a48b.jpg
79243deb81a3230704e1c6c3be955dd8.jpg
281a2eeb7ac17800a02f5283ad29d637.jpg

A huge thank you to Andy Carter and Ironman4x4 for his awesome suspension and steering parts that keep taking all this abuse.

An even bigger thank you to our friends that helped make this race car stay together and help us fix after breaking so we can have fun and continue.

Scott MacIntyre and wife Sam
Joe Murphy
Matt Cutler
My son Corbin and Doug's son Tommy

They all helped us replace parts, run errands, in the pits, recovery during practice and loaning us straps etc.

Thank you all

Are you still running the mechanical ebrake?
No. Line locks.

Mechanical would have been nice.

To stop I just threw it into first and let out the clutch or put it in gear and turned it off

No. Line locks.

To stop I just threw it into first and let out the clutch or put it in gear and turned it off

Front pass banjo bolt was loose.

We were able to tighten it and bleed it in the pits and refill with fluid. Probably needs new copper washers, and maybe a caliper. He said it didn’t feel great tightening but it was German spec.

Great job Ken and Doug, thanks for letting us help. Sam and I had an awesome time. It was great spending the weekend with a great group of people.

No. Line locks.

Maybe add a tcase brake? Although Im not sure those rotors/calipers could handle the heat of using during racing.

Manual transmission is for sure helpful in that situation.

Well done. I was looking at trying to go to this one since it was close but timing was all wrong..... I really want to go watch a race some time.

Well destroyed a unit bearing.

But thanks to East coast gear supply I am going to upgrade my axle shafts while I have it apart.

d7cab60d748f6b4d161d2173bed8715d.jpg

What a Great time at our second race of the season at at adventure off-road park in TN. First I am very thankful for all the family and friends that helped me get ready for this year's race season.

We did have an issues we had to fix before race day while pre running we broke a driver's side axle shaft and lucky for us our buddy Matt from @cutlerfab came in and towed us out and back to the pits so we could fix it and be ready for qualifying.

Qualifying: we lined up and I told Doug let's just do this at 75% because I did not want to break something again. Well we did and to our surprise we got the pole position. (hard charger award)

The other teams we we're helping broken stuff also. One broke a front axle shaft also and the other busted his steering bad. He helped them do repairs and we we're able to all start the race.

Race recap: we started first in our class and while lined up the came by and told us look for a guy with a yellow flag so we can take the bypass. Well we never saw him so we ended up doing the entire same course as the bigger class. Nothing better then bouncing a 4600 on 35's up some big rock trails.

This race course was crazy muddy and sloppy and to make it worse we lost all brakes at the first turn into the race. I knew with a 5 speed I could just throw it into 1st gear and let off clutch to stop which I did and it worked. Sketchy but worked.

After first laptop we pulled into the pit and they found a loose bango bolt so we tighten it and bled the brakes and we we're off. When we got to the first big hill climb the Jeep passenger tire hit a tree and climbed up and as it fell down the front passenger side axle shaft broke.

We winched to the top of the trail and then realized our spare shaft was back at camp not in the Jeep :(

So we turned the Jeep around and helped Dave Cole as a winch point for other races in our class and again for the 4400 race.

At the end of the day we got 2nd place in our class.

Thanks to:
My wife Jessica and my son Corbin as he was my radio guy in the pits for this race.
Doug Johnson and his son Tommy
Joe Murphy
Scott MacIntyre
Sam MacIntyre
Rick O'Shea
Justin Bainey
Scott Roberts
Randal Holmes

Also thank you to my sponsor support:
@ironman4x4fab.com
@East Coast Gear Supply
@Impaks Garage

@Ultra4 Racing
25b1fce3e10eeba7fbffcaac6f0fad79.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something but how did you get second place if you broke on the second lap and didn't finish?
We did not have trackers on the cars so it was based on your lap time. I came threw lap one with second fastest time. And no one else finished a second lap.

It was a tough course and every stock class vehicle broke something even the 1st place car.

Back