Stock class XJ build.

Speaking from experience, might want to temp glue/gorilla tape windshield in to take across country then remove once there. You will go through crappy weather getting there. It'll help keep halfway clean inside. We've done this 3x going to KOH and makes a difference not having road grime snow salt etc. in dash and seats. Also allows you to pack crap in front of Jeep for trip.

Looking sweet
I was planning to take a sheet of metal over window area. As windshield got smashed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Race radio in and wired with antenna installed. Race helmet controls in switch panel in. And when you need your crap stock lights to you modify them with led lights.
cd80967dcfa1460cf32ae0533a868b95.jpg
6ae1523796863f941db94a28e334fc15.jpg
946d3f99f16d8fd1efb3a9a7419ba0a6.jpg
7f00082b77d9fbce0d15235150671695.jpg

When you only have 15 min's in the shop and it is 60 out
75de312feac0525083b629915fae6b6f.jpg

We got all labels done, rear tail lights 100% done, new serpentine belt on, new brakes on, 3 tires and beadlocks mounted.

I have a ton to do and getting nervous.

Anyone have a one ton tappered reamer. I can't find mine. Local to Raleigh

Thanks.
fc7051f619646a22fb250d5a2705c178.jpg
bb77720ede9d58b06e2fa4f7b5f43de7.jpg

If anyone form the Raleigh, NC area is coming this way I have a grill that has a cut out for a winch control box you can have. I have two more full grills too.

If anyone form the Raleigh, NC area is coming this way I have a grill that has a cut out for a winch control box you can have. I have two more full grills too.
Thanks but I found one local and "made it fit"

Does anyone have any XJ 2" lift blocks for the rear.. I know the ride will suck bu I need them to clear tires etc..

Pushing on. Axle breathers in. New track bar welded on and frame side mounted. Rear fenders cut and bent up.

Not to be too ghetto but would, say, .250 wall 2x2 tube with welded end caps be strong enough for lift blocks? Cheap and easy enough. Could make them a hair longer under the springs to help with axle wrap (think isosceles trapezoid)

Well Andy Carter was able to send me his bracket relocation kit. So we are very close

Man what a transformation. Hope you guys make it.

I dont race and don't generally give build advice. But if I where you guys I'd cut those buggy hooks off the back. Unless your gonna tie those in to something else. That open is asking to get hopelessly tangled with someone.
Ask the speedy short man. @Dylan W. He spent a lot of track time tangling with other rigs til his #9 snel hooks got nuetered.

Man what a transformation. Hope you guys make it.

I dont race and don't generally give build advice. But if I where you guys I'd cut those buggy hooks off the back. Unless your gonna tie those in to something else. That open is asking to get hopelessly tangled with someone.
Ask the speedy short man. @Dylan W. He spent a lot of track time tangling with other rigs til his #9 snel hooks got nuetered.

We spend more time door to door..or fender to door ect..that' why my bumper got hooked. At koh, they probably spend most of the time racing alone. I doubt getting bumper locked will be much of an issue. I hope!
Best of luck Ken!

If he did that how would he be able to roll test it??

On a serious note, Ken you all did a good job bring that rig back to life. Good luck out there!

X2, this rascal looks completely different. Good luck on the trip out and hope you finish the race.

Back