The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

Question: how early is too early on Friday?
I've got the whole day off and about a 3hr drive to make. I can always find something to get into til the festivities begin I guess.
I'm rolling in Thursday night. I'm only 1.45 hrs away but good excuse to camp an extra night.

Question: how early is too early on Friday?
I've got the whole day off and about a 3hr drive to make. I can always find something to get into til the festivities begin I guess.
We will be arriving around 1pm, maybe noon so you won't be alone lol

I'm rolling in Thursday night. I'm only 1.45 hrs away but good excuse to camp an extra night.
We will be arriving around 1pm, maybe noon so you won't be alone lol
Sweet. Around mid day is when I should be pulling up. I'll likely be throwing up camp in the tree line close to the bath house like last time. I'll see y'all there!

Sweet. Around mid day is when I should be pulling up. I'll likely be throwing up camp in the tree line close to the bath house like last time. I'll see y'all there!
You bringing a rig?

Well
Just my Silverado. I could bring the Jeep but the storage room sucks and I switched the tag already.
Well you can be my first guest to go test out the Mounty!

Just a reminder for a couple things.

1) Remember to respect the property. Clean up any trash. Don’t be like Keziah and do donuts in the field and tear it up. That didn’t go well. Also, the owners do not like alcohol, but know it’s gonna happen. Keep it in accordance with a family event, koozies are your friend.

2) If someone shows up wearing a mask, don’t give them a hard time. Welcome them but give them their space. Everyone should consider keeping a little more space than usual.

I’m not a Covid nazi, I still go around folks and I still like to shake hands. But some don’t and I 100% understand that. It is a real virus, and I felt I should at least mention that during this event we should try to use some precaution.

Just a reminder for a couple things.

1) Remember to respect the property. Clean up any trash. Don’t be like Keziah and do donuts in the field and tear it up. That didn’t go well. Also, the owners do not like alcohol, but know it’s gonna happen. Keep it in accordance with a family event, koozies are your friend.

2) If someone shows up wearing a mask, don’t give them a hard time. Welcome them but give them their space. Everyone should consider keeping a little more space than usual.

I’m not a Covid nazi, I still go around folks and I still like to shake hands. But some don’t and I 100% understand that. It is a real virus, and I felt I should at least mention that during this event we should try to use some precaution.
Thank you for saying the unsaid things that need to be said.

Well I am definitely not going to make it. Too many hurdles between work schedule Fri & Mon, forced stay-away from work site, other life commitment, and I'm just not sure I want to actually deal with you fuckers again.
So you'll have to find somebody else to pin as the crazy liberal and explain to @McCracken the wizardry science of colored flames when you throw stuff in a campfire

Last edited:
Oh that reminds me I need to bring some magnesium...
Dude there's gonna be a field full of vehicles that probably won't miss one of their wheels

We are back in the game now. Semi random question... is the site within the park? Been wanting to do a POTA (radio) activation and thought it'd be cool to setup and play.

We are back in the game now. Semi random question... is the site within the park? Been wanting to do a POTA (radio) activation and thought it'd be cool to setup and play.

It is not within the park/forest. It’s the same place as last year, private property behind the Outpost

It is not within the park/forest. It’s the same place as last year, private property behind the Outpost
Gotcha. I'll bring my gear and still might venture out to set up.

I'm just not sure I want to actually deal with you fuckers again.
So you'll have to find somebody else to pin as the crazy liberal
Don't be a dork.
I get what you're saying, and I'll also say that out of everyone that showed up last time, you were one of the coolest people there. I don't get along with most people either. I typically hang out only with ex cons and drug felons. And? So what. These aren't my kinda people going anyhow.
As far as this trip for me, I really don't have the time, money, or desire to drive 3.5 hours to get drunk in a hay field, but I told everyone I would. Option B was work Friday and Saturday with a river trip/ backwoods block party planned Saturday night into Sunday, which honestly, I'd enjoy more anyways.
I'm still 60/40 on even going.
If you feel like you've buried yourself so deeply into the title of "liberal" and worry about being ridiculed about it, send a mf'er to come talk to me. I'm easy to find.
If you legit can't make it, see ya next time, brother!
Yeah, I'm THAT much of an asshole.

Last edited:
Don't be a dork.
I get what you're saying, and I'll also say that out of everyone that showed up last time, you were one of the coolest people there. I don't get along with most people either. I typically hang out only with ex cons and drug felons. And? So what. These aren't my kinda people going anyhow.
As far as this trip for me, I really don't have the time, money, or desire to drive 3.5 hours to get drunk in a hay field, but I told everyone I would. Option B was work Friday and Saturday with a river trip/ backwoods block party planned Saturday night into Sunday, which honestly, I'd enjoy more anyways.
I'm still 60/40 on even going.
If you feel like you've buried yourself so deeply into the title of "liberal" and worry about being ridiculed about it, send a mf'er to come talk to me. I'm easy to find.
If you legit can't make it, see ya next time, brother!
Yeah, I'm THAT much of an asshole.
Dave has excepted his liberal title and deals with it. Everyone also knows Dave is not a liberal but doesn't care to blame him anyway! In the end, everyone likes and knows Dave from his raffle Bronco days!

Dave has excepted his liberal title and deals with it. Everyone also knows Dave is not a liberal but doesn't care to blame him anyway! In the end, everyone likes and knows Dave from his raffle Bronco days!
And an extremely intelligent guy.

Well I am definitely not going to make it. Too many hurdles between work schedule Fri & Mon, forced stay-away from work site, other life commitment, and I'm just not sure I want to actually deal with you fuckers again.
So you'll have to find somebody else to pin as the crazy liberal and explain to @McCracken the wizardry science of colored flames when you throw stuff in a campfire

Hate you can’t make it but I understand. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you last year.

Back