The future of cars

Which will become harder and harder to do. But that's a solution.

You raise a great point. But it wouldn't be the first time OEMs made a vehicle with special features that aren't available to the general public. Which will be even easier to do when it's just a software update away.
I feel like that's why the Right to Repair lawsuits against John Deere are a huge deal going on now and will set a precedent for the public's relationship with automakers going forward.

Last edited:
I feel like that's why the Right to Repair lawsuits against John Deere are a huge deal going on now and will set a precedent for the public's relationship with automakers going forward.
Agreed.
But you and I know the big corps are going to get it their way...

Interesting stats and information in this vid

The year is 2030

Ford is proud to announce electric vehicles capable of 5 hrs between charges and hybrids that can go coast to coast 10 gallons of fuel.
Even though the payload rating has dropped to 12 lbs. and no one likes it, the electric pick-up is still its best seller

Chevrolet is happily cranking out hydrogen powered cars and have only had 3 major explosive incidents to date.
The craters weren't really that big.
Introduction of the all plastic unibody will mean the Volt is coming back so everyone can hate it again.

The Tesla now costs more than your entire neighborhood.
The truck has gotten even uglier.

Dodge....

gfubZNDb-IjIOSJZxvKBIpbxnrKh3Q_w5rT4ZrUxUNE.jpg

"Lower-priced trucks will be able to go more than 200 miles per charge, but GM wouldn't give the exact number."

So what 120 ish towing? lol

what could go wrong?

While I have no issue with keeping drunks off the road (was hit head-on by a drunk driver several years ago), I am concerned that my car would think I've been drinking after my daughter dumped an entire bottle of hand sanitizer in my car recently and it smells like a vodka distillery.

Who is liable if someone is drunk but the system fails and the vehicle let's them drive and they kill someone?

4 hours run time. For some applications it might be good.

If you love MX, this is a good watch (if not it’ll seem long but watch some of it)

Something that crossed my mind yesterday while driving my 21 yr old truck that has a manual transmission. At some point in the future (30-40 years?), only really old people are going to know how to drive a vehicle with manual transmission.

Something that crossed my mind yesterday while driving my 21 yr old truck that has a manual transmission. At some point in the future (30-40 years?), only really old people are going to know how to drive a vehicle with manual transmission.
As much as I enjoy/prefer driving a stick, the skill is just not necessary, and becoming akin to having a manual choke or a spark advance lever... Just not needed anymore..

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy/prefer driving a stick, the skill is just not necessary, and becoming akin to having a manual choke or a spark advance lever... Just not needed anymore..
Nah, those were necessary evils. A manual tranny actually ENHANCES the driving experience, especially when paired with a mechanical throttle instead of neutered drive by wire crap.

Nah, those were necessary evils. A manual tranny actually ENHANCES the driving experience, especially when paired with a mechanical throttle instead of neutered drive by wire crap.

Oh, I totally agree, and will always opt for the manual when available, But it no longer enhances the operation of a vehicle in normal use... Slushboxes now get better mileage than manuals, and never miss a shift or stall (Unless broken).

The average driver doesn't want to be engaged in the driving experience, they find it distracting! The segments where you can still get a fully manual in the US are enthusiast driven, and even in those the take rate on manuals is getting very low.

I'll mourn the day that we can't get a stick anymore, but the market will kill it, and the skill will become irrelevent.

I bought a new manual tranny in December, but I fear it will be the last I can get in a new vehicle...

I still have 1 pos samurai that I may keep around, but that has definitely crossed my mind. My kids are 7 and 5 and I do want them to at least know what a manual transmission is...

Back