TJ to JK the Medication build

We are very close! Likely to pick it up monday/tuesday, there have been some real challenges with parts suppliers, Currie being the longest wait. Brian and Jeremy and Brian at Carolina Metal Masters have kept me up to date at every turn and jumped through hoops of fire to get all my parts. They have been very maticulous on every single thing. There are certain parts that are in very high demand on jk builds and takes a long time to get them and there is just nothing you can really do about it.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
So here are a couple pictures of Jason's beast sitting on its new suspension and upgraded axles. I have a few more fab items I have to do to make this thing just right for Jason but hopefully he can have it back soon.

Looking good man!

Medication is home, picked it up sat evening and man is it good to have it back. First impression, couldnt ask for it drive any better, handles very well. steering is tight and responsive. The 5.13 gears were a perfect match, running 2200 rpm at 65mph, 2500at 70mph. Has more power than it did with 4.10 and 35,s. I noticed no differance in braking at all. The ride is very good for 37,s. My crawl in low range is outstanding. I went over it well today and not one bolt was loose, nothing misadjusted, no changes needed. To Carolina Metal Masters I thank you, Brian and Jeremy done a fine job and it shows.

Few pics of the shock clearance, it was really tight on the left side, with the artec track bar bracket and the raised shock mounts it puts them very close.

Few pics of the flipped drag link and clearance with the sector shaft brace, when I purchased the brace all the information said that any track bar would clear, well that must be with a 3.5 inch or higher lift. The RK and Currie track bars would not work.

I did end up going with 1310 drive shafts, in theory they should be weeker than my locker/ring and pinoun, got to have a fuse somewhere andI woul rather change a broken ujoint than a broken r&p. I also have an extra 1310 and set of straps for the rear shaft. even with the front cromos I am still going to carry my stock front shafts, you just never know.

I got the Jeep all packed back up with my gear today, little less room with a 37 in the back, and yes a 37 fits very nice in the back of a 2dr with the seat out ofcourse. Only thing I havent got in there so far is my Hi lift, havent figured out a good way yet, thinking about getting some small u bolts and attaching it to the rear of the cage at the back window.

Looks great! How high is it sitting now?

The 2.5 RK came out to about 3 inches, which is not much for 37s. There are challenges to keeping one low with a lot of tire, most upgraded parts are bigger and require more clearance, there are a few things that are spaced just enough, but keeping it low and stable meens a lot to me.

And if anybody gives a crap, I didnt build it for gas mileage but it isnt doing bad. 65 mph average is 17, and around 16.2 at 70. Havent had enough time to get city numbers. That is only a 1mpg loss from 35,s to 37,s. I think the Jeep being light helps alot, and hope it helps with drivetrain stress on the trail.

Cant wait to get this thing in the woods, got alot going on the next few weeks, Ill get some pics of this thing all twisted up here soon.

Last edited:
Looks awesome man. Turned out really well. You going to run the rear diff skid or does it interfere with the rear truss?

Back