Toyota Monster Truck

Sway Bay Link

I added some length to my links this morning. Next moving on to steering ram mounts. I hope to have the front one finished today.

SwayB.JPG

I hope it will be soon Kyle. I still have to make new 4-link top hats, install rear steering ram, figure out what length limiting straps, figure out what lenght drive shafts I need. Then take everything back apart for paint.

TOP HAT

I got a lottle more done yesturday afternoon. I re-did the front top hat and added a little art work.....

TOP1.JPG

TOP2.JPG

I had the opportunity to go by George's house and see the "Monster". The craftsmanship is exceptional and everything is really well thought out. I am impressed. The only thing that is hard for me to believe is that my 4Runner will be considered as his "little brother"...

Thanks Robert! It was good to see you today. Not sure about the little brother part. My truck may be a little taller but you still have way more clearance under your axles! Plus, yours runs and moves :)

Thanks Robert! It was good to see you today. Not sure about the little brother part. My truck may be a little taller but you still have way more clearance under your axles! Plus, yours runs and moves :)

I was talking about the big scary things that your truck will be riding on..... Mine are puny 46 inchers. Yours are 49s. Wow:Rockon:

MORE cowbell!! haha
Awesome build, tall...yes, but to each his own. I've wanted to put a 4bt in a yota ever since I saw stone4x4's 4bt toyota truggy rollin' coal at the farm in 2007 :driver:
Subscribed:popcorn:
Thanks! I like Stone's ride too

I have been having trouble figuring out where to add my bump stops. I decided to go with one on the front end. I found some scrap steel lying around so I decided to cut what I needed off. Here is what I came up with. Still need to add a gusset. I also welded in my brackets for my front limiting straps.......

TOPPP.JPG

TOPP1.JPG

TOPPPP.JPG

Upper support for bump stop bracket. I tied it into recovery mounts........

TOPPPPPP.JPG

H1 Wheels

I have been real busy at work so not much has been done lately.. I did get these back from the powder coater today..................

Pallet.JPG

Centers.JPG

H1.JPG

0-rings

Siliconed in the o-rings. Also here is a pic of my transmission cross member............

Orings.JPG

Crossmember.JPG

Stone's Toyota

MORE cowbell!! haha
Awesome build, tall...yes, but to each his own. I've wanted to put a 4bt in a yota ever since I saw stone4x4's 4bt toyota truggy rollin' coal at the farm in 2007 :driver:
Subscribed:popcorn:
You can save yourself a lot of trouble and buy Stone's.......He has it up for sale.

Tire Mounted

Three hours later........I got one tire mounted and aired up. Only three more to go! Not easy when your compresser is maxed out at 120psi.

Rim&Tire.JPG

Ive said it before and ill say it again this truck is awesome. Cant wait to see it out of the garage and wheeling. Keep up the good work.

thanks, I used the insides of two Hummer wheels wich makes them almost 13 inches wide. The centers are bolted right in.

Rear Steer

I put about 16 hours into the truck over the last three days. My garage is trashed with dust, steel, and tools everywhere. I finally figured out how to air my new tires up. Four ratchet straps ended up doing the trick. I also fabricated brackets for my rear steering ram and mounted it up for the most part. Just need to make a few adjustments. I think it turned out well. It is mounted up high and out of the way....... Also I have included a few poser shots........

Tirestrap.JPG

RearRam.JPG

Rear3.JPG

Rear2.JPG

Rear1.JPG

Back