Toyota Monster Truck

Parts

I sandblasted and painted the first batch of parts (painted everything Cummins beige of course). I also got a surprise from UPS yesturday (An Aluminum radiator).........

I hope to get a lot more work done Tues and Wednes of next week.

Rad.JPG

Cummins

I ended up finding some time last night and early this morning to get a little more work done.

I have continued to pull parts off the engine to paint. I am also replacing several seals as well. The engine was rebuilt a few years ago so I figure I might as well freshen it up a bit while I'm at it.

Lastly, I rebuilt my engine stand. It should be a lot stronger now. The weight of the Cummins put a hurtin on it the first go round. I cut up the blue truck stand that I am no longer needing and came up with this......

Enginestand1.JPG

Enginestand2.JPG

Cummins.JPG

Engine Parts

Sandblasted, primed and waiting. I hope the UPS guy brings my OEM Cummins paint today!!!!

This thing is so nice the cars will bow before being crushed:beer:

Cummins

Funny! I hope you are doing well. Me, you, Kyle, and Will need to get together sometime!

WOW, I have never seen anybody hang there injection pump, valve covers, and Marlboro bag on the same race before! Haha

Looks good.

:lol:I use my laundry room as a place to let my painted items dry. My wife loves it. Also my 49" inch Irocs are currently in our family room to make more room in the garage.

At this point I think she just wants me to get the truck done so I can spend more time doing other things. This build is been going on for 3 years now :huggy:....

3.9 Cummins

Not gettin a lot done this week. I don't have any days off at work this week. I am gettin done as much as I can in the AM. I did clean up the engine, primed it, and painted it. Going to try to get a few more things done so I can start putting the motor back together soon.....
3.9 primed.JPG

3.9.JPG

Motor

I also cut a corner off the oil pan to make room for my upper link bar....

Motor2.JPG

oilpan.JPG

Loosing momentum

I started picking up the pace a little bit. I almost have the engine put back together. Still waiting on a few parts from Cummins.

I also welded up the hole I cut on the driver side of the oil pan. I needed a little more clearence and this should do the trick.

Finally, I took apart my front Rockwell Axle and Painted it. Now I just need to put it back together and replace a few seals along the way....

Dengine1.JPG

dengine2.JPG

Oilpan2.JPG

Axle1.JPG

Nice work man!

Getting pretty close, hope to start the cage next week, really been a slack ass on updating and taking pictures. All these little things to sew it all up is taking longer than I thought.
I have been following your thread.....Waiting for more pics. I like big tired rigs.

Back