Toyota Monster Truck

Looks awesome. But one question are you going to be able to get it out of your garage?

I hope so. The struck should set about 2 inches lower when I finish putting it together. I hope with that and airing down the tires some it will squeeze right out. if not, I will be shopping for some small rollers.....

Looks awesome, George! I'll catch up with you soon as I get back from Fla. Really want to come see this.

I continue to be impressed. :beer:

Looks awesome, George! I'll catch up with you soon as I get back from Fla. Really want to come see this.
I continue to be impressed. :beer:
Thanks Kyle. I came by your work last week around 12 but I think you were at lunch. I did not see your ride in the parking lot. Have a safe trip to Florida.

Front Bump Stop

I also boxed in my front bump stop mount. I plan on working on my rear bump stop set up next week when I am off from work again.

IMG_0273.JPG

I hope so. The struck should set about 2 inches lower when I finish putting it together. I hope with that and airing down the tires some it will squeeze right out. if not, I will be shopping for some small rollers.....

if it doesnt fit i think for this rig there is enough guys just to lift the garage up while you drive out.:gitrdun:

That truck is looking really good. Always like to see people build different things like this. Keep up the good work!

Flex

I twisted the truck up the best I could with a floor jack. I put 2 rail road ties under the rear passenger tire and stacked 2 under the front diver side tire. Nothing binded up. I also figured out the length of my rear bump stops. I have everything cut to fit and ready to weld up. I hope to have the bump stops installed tomorrow........

Driverflex.JPG

Passflex.JPG

Rear Flex.JPG

WOW!!! Man with the tires on this thing looks bigger than before lol!

Truck Bed

I welded up the holes in the bed from my old roll cage, spare tire carrier, etc. I then added a few new holes to bolt down the following:
High Lift
Gas tank
Axe
Shovel
Pick
Power Tank

I fabricated a stand to hold up my high lift. Also cut out a section of the bed that the bottom of my new gas tank fits into.

Hopefully, next week, I will add some bedliner paint to the bed.

Bedholes.JPG

Truck Bed

I got the truck bed done this week! I painted the bed with Plasti Coat Bed Liner Paint. The only thing left is I am waiting on one more bed rail cap that will go on the front of the bed near the cab. I also need to mount up my CB attena which will be located in front of the Power Tank. I fabed up some brackets to hold everything in place including High Jack mounts and a gas tank strap...... Here are a few pics. Next on to painting the frame.....

BED1.JPG

BED2.JPG

BED3.JPG

BED4.JPG

Very Very nice build. Though I don't for see you having a use for that snorkel. lol
Thanks! You are prob right about the snorkle. I guess the truck may float anyway. If it sinks, I can ford a little over 8 feet of water if I don't drown first...........

Bronco

I know my truck is a little on the tall side, but I found this pick on pirate today........It makes mine look like a low rider! I do think the tires are pretty cool though.

big%20bronco.jpg

Bed and Frame Paint

Truck outside, better shot of the bed. Also here are picks of the frame after paint. Flat black for easy touch up!

Paint5.JPG

Paint1.JPG

Paint2.JPG

Paint3.JPG

Paint4.JPG

More Progress

I spent almost an entire day cleaning out the garage. The messy stuff is over and I decided to clean it up. Don't like working in a mess!

Now that the frame has paint, I decided it was time to wash the truck after 3 years of dust, steel, and dirt laying on it. I washed it, buffed out the paint, waxed it, and finally added a sealant. The truck cleaned up nice........ I then installed some larger (cut out style) fender flares.

I also began taking a few items off the engine for sand blasting. My next goal is to restore the engine and get it ready to run.

This week the plan is to beef up my engine stand. The Cummins bent it up a little bit. I plan on chopping up my truck dolly (I am done with it) and using the wheels and some of the steel to make a new and improved engine stand.

Sideshot.JPG

Rearshot.JPG

Flare1.JPG

Back