Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by Dylan W., Nov 22, 2018.
I hadn't planned on painting the cabinets, , but I think the extra work is going to be worth it.
Time to reattach the fresh flat black hardware.
Brooke and I had a nice little production setup going.
Butyl tape and flex glue..hopefully these lights wont leak anytime soon.
All upper cabinets and doors have been painted and rehung. The next task was to complete the insides.
So, it suddenly occured to me,while fiddling with the radio, that I'd never heard the horn blow...
Apparently it's really loud....
On the the upper kitchen. Cabinets and walls.
This pic was taken after I had sanded the cabinets and taken the microwave out.
Note ..the little spice shelf and the coffeemaker location. Hard to tell in this pic. But the coffeemaker covers alot of the kitchen window. I want to move it up, and mount it to the bottom of the upper cabinets I think I have a plan.
I removed the coffeemaker and the range hood. I'm glad I did..lots of stink bugs, wasps, and yuk.
I also tore out the bottoms of cabinets and shelves. New paneling for all bottoms.
In order to raise the coffeemaker, I would need to modify this spice shelf. Figured I'd prime and paint it too.
I didnt want to paint the kitchen walls so I went to lowes looking for ideas and came up with this stuff. Self sticking wall tiles. It's like a very thick sticker and it is as tough as nails. Easy to install and looks good too. Perfect!
A couple of measurements here, a few mitre cuts there....some black spray paint, touch of glue and a few Brad nails later....the spice shelf, re-located coffeemaker and wall tile meet up!
The spice shelf used to go all the way across, but I had to cut it and turn it back into wall, in order to create new space for coffeemaker.
Great job on the kitchen!
Lower portion yet to come
Not near as an adventure as yours but we had some horrendous rain the last few days and I got a small leak in the roof so I tore into it today. What a pain in the ass!!
Oooh. Looks lik it's been leaking a while too. Good thing you caught it now huh?
Do you plan to patch the rubber roof? I see you cut it nice and straight.
Yeah longer than I realized unfortunately. The understructire was in good shape thankfully. I wiped it all down the best I could and fogged it with mold killer (fingers crossed). I got a remnant of epdm from the local rv shop but it wound up not being enough so I cut the factory roof on three sides and I’ll re-glue it and cover the three side cuts with eternabond (self adhesive epdm 4” wide). The bitch of it was the little hole was tucked up under the body of the AC unit so I couldn’t ever find out where it was leaking from and I assumed it was only leaking a bit from the gasket when we would have bad rain storms. I was wrong.....
So..it was leaking from the factory, or did the little hole happen during ownership?
I’ve only owned it for 3 yrs and it’s an ‘09. About the only thing I can think of is someone has had the AC unit off at some point and knicked the EPDM. Cause there is no way it got damaged from a limb or otherwise based on where is was located which is why it has been allowed to “grow” to the problem it has...
Got the running light wires all bundled up..ready to finish up the front end. ( Ella's bedroom)
So we stuffed as much of this pink insulation into the upper void as we could squeeze in.
Then it was just a matter of measuring, cutting, gluing and screwing. Then added a little trim and...sweet!
Front section is done.
With Ella's bedroom finished, it's time to build a ladder. This ladder needs to be movable. Figure I'll lay it up on top while traveling, then just pop it in place when needed. Should be simple enough.
Started with a couple 2x4s, then notched at the top.
Still had some carpet leftovers, so it was a no brainer. Let's make it match!