What have you done to your rig today?

Thorough underside cleaning, new shocks, new motor and transmission mounts, new header, a few new seals, full fluid flush on everything, and a brake master cylinder. Hopefully she will be happy again.

Trans mount and shocks were completely shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 24
Who'd you get them from? I'm open to a different wheel.
Been happy with my Dirty Lifes however.
I got Visions shipped from Chris Childs with Southeastern Offroad - he was great to work with!

Raceline Rynos or Dirty Life Mesas are what I'm eyeing for the Jeep (that'll probably change by 2050 when I'm ready for them šŸ˜‚)

I got Visions shipped from Chris Childs with Southeastern Offroad - he was great to work with!

Raceline Rynos or Dirty Life Mesas are what I'm eyeing for the Jeep (that'll probably change by 2050 when I'm ready for them šŸ˜‚)
I couldn't remember Chris's last name. Thanks for the reminder!
Good dude, we've wheeled together a few times

IMG_6007.jpeg

Not today, but it was yesterday. @BRUISER and I changed out some tires and weighed things and got durometer readings.

40ā€ Toyo MT
40ā€ Nitto Kspec
39ā€ Red
40ā€ SX2 sticky.

The red label and the nitto are practically identical in height while the toyo and the sx2 are marginally shorter.

All 4 are between 13.25ā€ and 13.75ā€ wide at widest part of sidewall.

In comparison to the 43ā€ SX sticky @ 15ā€ wide. Apples to oranges.

The vision manx aluminum weigh right @ 36 lbs.

My allied steel bead locks weight 43 lbs.

40ā€ toyo MT weighs 94 lbs
40ā€ nitto k weighs 114 lbs
39ā€ BFG red weighs 93 lbs
40ā€ sx2. Weighs 94 lbs.

The durometer readings Iā€™m going off memory and Ken can correct me if I donā€™t recall correctly.

Insert Barry bonds size asterisk*. We did not accurately normalize all 5 tires tested (43ā€ included) to all the same temperatures. The red labels are in 78Ā° a/c shop, everything else was in 86Ā° shop. Red labels read hard on the durometer, and Iā€™ve seen 20 point drops in hardness just getting them out in the sun on the trail. Reds are different compound entirely and the softness of the rubber doesnā€™t equal stickiness, and the Toyo are dot compound. All tires ages vary widely. All are taken shore A scale.

Toyo. 77-78.
Nitro 55-58.
Red. 76-77
Sx2 47-48
43ā€ SX. 58.

There is a far greater difference in tire weights compared to steel vs aluminum wheel weights.

My 42ā€ SX2s on h1 wheels with rock rings and run flats were 230 lbs each.

My red labels on allied steel bead locks are 136 lbs each.

View attachment 418202

Not today, but it was yesterday. @BRUISER and I changed out some tires and weighed things and got durometer readings.

40ā€ Toyo MT
40ā€ Nitto Kspec
39ā€ Red
40ā€ SX2 sticky.

The red label and the nitto are practically identical in height while the toyo and the sx2 are marginally shorter.

All 4 are between 13.25ā€ and 13.75ā€ wide at widest part of sidewall.

In comparison to the 43ā€ SX sticky @ 15ā€ wide. Apples to oranges.

The vision manx aluminum weigh right @ 36 lbs.

My allied steel bead locks weight 43 lbs.

40ā€ toyo MT weighs 94 lbs
40ā€ nitto k weighs 114 lbs
39ā€ BFG red weighs 93 lbs
40ā€ sx2. Weighs 94 lbs.

The durometer readings Iā€™m going off memory and Ken can correct me if I donā€™t recall correctly.

Insert Barry bonds size asterisk*. We did not accurately normalize all 5 tires tested (43ā€ included) to all the same temperatures. The red labels are in 78Ā° a/c shop, everything else was in 86Ā° shop. Red labels read hard on the durometer, and Iā€™ve seen 20 point drops in hardness just getting them out in the sun on the trail. Reds are different compound entirely and the softness of the rubber doesnā€™t equal stickiness, and the Toyo are dot compound. All tires ages vary widely. All are taken shore A scale.

Toyo. 77-78.
Nitro 55-58.
Red. 76-77
Sx2 47-48
43ā€ SX. 58.

There is a far greater difference in tire weights compared to steel vs aluminum wheel weights.

My 42ā€ SX2s on h1 wheels with rock rings and run flats were 230 lbs each.

My red labels on allied steel bead locks are 136 lbs each.
That 40ā€ sx looks familiar lol šŸ˜‚

Got it ready for the mash. Driver's side frame rail is 1" higher than the other. My motor is even crooked. Strategically placed jackstands will hopefully keep the bend where I want it which will be from about mid frame towards the front on drivers side. Will use my 340 Ford tractor to do the mashing honors..
1716768005424.jpeg

changed my atlas order from 2 speed to 4 speed. :)

Inspection day tomorrow for the wheeler, which means I'll be replacing a broken taillight, and performing the annual parking brake installation, then removal tomorrow after the inspection :laughing:

What's the lead time?
4-7 weeks on a new order. I ordered sometime back and was supposed to ship next friday. they called and did not have the input shaft for the aw4 in the xj and was on backorder for another 8 weeks. however they have the extra planetary for the aw4 on the shelf for an extra 700 bonz to I opted for that to keep my build going. I really dont think I need it but I like the kewl factor of 3 shifters and the doubler box.

Back