What have you done to your rig today?

Or re-drill 2 holes?
We talked about that the holes would be dangerously close to the edge. He offered to build me two joints to get me on the trip to Harlan later this month so I could really hammer on these. He wants me to bend one. LOL!

Gotcha haven't heard from yall in the group text in awhile. Haven't heard from Ryan in a couple years. Rig looks good btw.
Yeah I'm headed up with @untchabl and @DirkaDirka875 i was out for 2 years doing some major upgrades and doing some other hobbies but SuziQ is back at it.

Started tinkering on the K3500 some; I've been trying to find a Class 5 B&W bumper hitch similar to the one on my red truck to install in place of (what I thought was) the factory hitch I removed in order to pull the bed off. Had a lead on a few, bought one that's meant for cab and chassis trucks, almost had one for regular trucks but it got sold.
So I decided to put the hitch back on, I need to get this thing where it can tow if needed; started to clean it up and throw a fresh coat of paint on it since I'll be pulling the bed and painting the frame, and in the process of prepping I noticed a sticker outline. Wiped it down with some mineral spirits and found this under the half ass paint job done by one of the POs
20240611_210206.jpg

Makes things a little easier, I tried googling this but all I can find from Hidden Hitch is small ball mounts, and class 1-2 receivers. Anyone ever seen big hitches from Hidden Hitch before? I'm curious about the weight rating mainly, since it's a class 5 I assume it's similar to the B&W I have.

IMG_6986.jpeg
IMG_6987.jpeg

Got home from Florida about 6. Changed and went to work. 6:30 had the passenger joint in and went to work on drivers side. 7:30 old was out and new one in. Found a track bar bolt loose. Tighten that and am now in the house for a shower. I think it’s as ready as it will be for Harlan.

Last edited:
Back