6.0 Powerstroke vs 5.9 Cummins vs 6.7 Cummins

Been wanting an 8.1 truck to put a flatbed on myself. Have had a hard time finding one.

Funny, I just saw this on my way to my office lol.

And yes I could be dumb for considering @rockcity truck. I didn’t ask how many miles it had. But let’s be honest, @shawn will take any chance to take a shot at me. Or anyone for that matter! Haha!
667FC119-CBEC-4D8F-A902-FC3061D541AF.jpeg

. But let’s be honest, @shawn will take any chance to take a shot at me. Or anyone for that matter! Haha!

Dude...if he didn't take shots (and receive them just as well) he'd be no fun at ALL :cool:

Funny, I just saw this on my way to my office lol.

And yes I could be dumb for considering @rockcity truck. I didn’t ask how many miles it had. But let’s be honest, @shawn will take any chance to take a shot at me. Or anyone for that matter! Haha!
View attachment 259782

Don't mind @shawn, he's still bitter he spent like $8k on a new transmission and not a nice Ford. :lol:

Mine has 265k miles. I've put 160k on it. Only notable issue was a water pump that went out and normal DEF crap that's now long gone and deleted. :D

Towing the boat to key west for Christmas with it. It's never let me down, yet. :)

Dude...if he didn't take shots (and receive them just as well) he'd be no fun at ALL :cool:

Wouldn't be the same without him!

At the end of the day my input is still worthless since I don't own and haven't owned any of the trucks mentioned.

Everyone has pretty much hit the major points. @Jody Treadway is right about getting an "8" gasser in that price range. They are a little harder to find but you can get a decked out 8.1/Allison truck in that price range.

I thought he was giving a rating scale lol. So a dodge 8.1 gas engine? What years where those?

@jeepinmatt did you put air bags on that POS yet?
Nah, I just keep the tongue weight under 100lbs and its good to go.

@jeepinmatt what trim level did you find the 6.7 PSD for that price?
Lariat CCSB 4x4 6.7 with every option except nav. It has bluetooth, backup cam, sunroof, AC seats, rear locker, etc. Even came with a camper shell so I would fit in at the AARP meetings. I was looking all over the east coast, and ended up finding this one 15 minutes away from me on craigslist. Deal was done within 2 hrs of him posting it. Good deals don't wait ;)

But you could turn yours into one for less than a grand and half a days work:flipoff2:

Horsepower is cool and fun. 12-1300ft lbs of torque is fucking awesome. Especially when coupled with twin turbos and 600+hp. I understand people that haven’t had that ride not understanding.

Then I have to budget $10k-$15k for transmissions, clutches, and head gaskets. I saw it all first had with JT, and was stuck 4 hrs from home with his broke shit on the side of the road, TWICE, LOL.

He was and I was agreeing. :D. A $13-15k diesel non work truck in decent shape is where a lot of these trucks SHOULD be, but theyre not.

I’ve found a small handful of $13-14k with around 150 to 200k miles. It helps to be willing to travel 4-5 hours lol.

I’ll be looking harder this spring with cash in hand and we will see what happens.

Looking mainly at the 5.9 now. Anyone know someone good with these I could get in touch with when time to purchase to get their opinion on options? Also someone familiar with them and willing to ride would be awesome too!

Don't mind @shawn, he's still bitter he spent like $8k on a new transmission and not a nice Ford

My only regret is putting that clutch in it. We put a stocker back in, and it's much better now. Never had any problems with the transmission other than a bad pilot bearing that ate the input shaft boss.

Looking mainly at the 5.9 now. Anyone know someone good with these I could get in touch with when time to purchase to get their opinion on options? Also someone familiar with them and willing to ride would be awesome too!

@mysterync

But you could turn yours into one for less than a grand and half a days work:flipoff2:

Horsepower is cool and fun. 12-1300ft lbs of torque is fucking awesome. Especially when coupled with twin turbos and 600+hp. I understand people that haven’t had that ride not understanding.

Where are you getting twins for a grand?

It’s making me appreciate the ford 6.2 a lot. Even so the 6.7 powerstroke has performed flawlessly pulling upward of 30k pounds 3 or 4 times a week.

The more I read this thread the more I like my 6.0 gasser Chevy:D
This thread is about how bad Fords and Fiat rams suck. Please leave your rational thoughts out of this delusion Sir.

My thoughts are as simple as my brain. Buy the most tow pig you can afford and maintain it.
The fucker will still break down and cost big $ to repair. At some time.

:beer:

This thread is about how bad Fords and Fiat rams suck. Please leave your rational thoughts out of this delusion Sir.

My thoughts are as simple as my brain. Buy the most tow pig you can afford and maintain it.
The fucker will still break down and cost big $ to repair. At some time.

:beer:

Simple hell, that’s some rocket surgeon brain scientist shit right there. I own a cummins but swear to God the only reason it has served me so well is ^^^ this statement that @Paul made.

Back