'85 Xtra Cab Build

haha are those your ford fog lights?

Yes...doubt they are staying. Some square Hellas or something like it will probably go in the place of them. Some work to the front clip will happen once I get the ton swap finished.

im running a dually front 60 with stock h1s and three in spacers in the rear so she's not a wide bitch lol looking good!!

Thanks! Yeahhhh.....Its kinda wide with the 2.5" BS wheels. But for what I have in them I will roll with it and probably do a SRW conversion.

What are you doing for the brakes? Upgrading to a chevy master cylinder and booster?

Thanks Nathan. I am going to do the Sky Mfg adapter and then the biggest Chevy Master cyl I can find. Rear discs on the 14B. Probably keep the stock booster. If I am not happy with how it stops after that I may upgrade to a T100 booster.

yeah that what i wanted to do but i ran across a few deals tires wheels etc i couldn't pass up either way that momma will be a side hill sommabeach

aimg.tapatalk.com_47522fa2_1b08_db33.jpg

Playing the waiting game for parts. All of my joints and brackets from RuffStuff, disc brake parts for the 14B and one of PJ's new 14B truss kits should all be here soon. With any luck it will be rolling again by the end of next week.

Shooting to make a URE run before it closes. No pressure lol

done anything else with this thing??

Still waiting on all my brackets and joints from RuffStuff...

Got a m&M offroad 14bolt truss and all my 14bolt disc brake parts sitting in the shop waiting for my package from RS to show up, til then I'm looking at a shitbeat garage ornament.

Picked up a few parts to keep me busy while I wait on RuffStuff to get their shit together.

Propane kit w/ Impco 200 mixer and a PSC Orbital with 2x8 AG ram and lines. Hopefully the propane will make me tolerate the tired old 22r a little longer til I can decide on some kind of a motor swap.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323196917.886890.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323196917.886890.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 675
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323196937.822141.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323196937.822141.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 630
put a 5.3 in it

Someday that's the idea.

Looking great man. Been watching this build a while now.
Ya know Brad Barnes can have your joints up there in 1-2 days don't ya? On the shelf 2 hrs away...

Thanks Jody. Just trying to polish up a beat ol Yota truck and learn something different from all the leaf sprung Toyota stuff I have built over the years.

Yeah...I took the cheap way out and a friend hooked me up with his vendor discount thru RS. Saved a nice chunk of change, but If I had known it would be over a month and lots of excuses and calls not being returned I would have just waited and ordered my stuff from Brad. Lesson learned. Barnes will have my business in the future.

i can make the dream a realty cheap:wheel:

After a month and a half I got most of my order from RuffStuff...by most, I mean there are parts missing and the order is wrong. Even after I called to confirm what I needed. :uzi:

Decided to forego the hassle of getting my order fixed, I will sell what I don't need and just ordered the right parts from Barnes4wd. Hope to have some progress pictures of the M&M Fab truss and disc braked 14B this weekend. Going to grab some PVC to mock up the rear links and start tacking all that in place as the rest of my parts arrive.

Jesse at High Angle Driveline is running a special on his 14B/Toyota Pinion flange so rather than bastardizing the driveshafts I have, I'm just going to order one and keep running what Ive got.

gay!

we need to go wheeling when you get that thing done you live close enough all my wheeling buddys moved away i still got the line on that motor too

HOYYYYTTTTT

HOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYT! NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

BNB- Theres a makeshift Toyota scrapyard across from Merita on the 105Bypass in Boone. You can usually find us there. Stop by sometime if youre in the area. If I can wrap up the last of the parts I need I will definitely be in touch about the motor.Stupid little toyota needs more WoomPowwww

sounds good im going to murphys friday night to get DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDrunk lol :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Parts showed up...exams are over...re-assembly has begun.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324057548.269449.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324057548.269449.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 569
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324057587.756483.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324057587.756483.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 581
Back