Alaska Off-Road Warriors

Vehicles are poorly built rusted out hunks of junk. I think bruiser mentioned there are users here with way more capable rigs. im not sure how these were selected.

It may seem strange, but I actually like the fact that they are "mildly" built, "run what ya got" vehicles rather than high dollar or catalog-built rigs. To me that shows the idea that you can do most anything w/o HAVING to spend a lot of money etc.
Certainly will connect better w/ "everyday joe",

It may seem strange, but I actually like the fact that they are "mildly" built, "run what ya got" vehicles rather than high dollar or catalog-built rigs. To me that shows the idea that you can do most anything w/o HAVING to spend a lot of money etc.
Certainly will connect better w/ "everyday joe",

dont get me wrong. i prefer to wheel with the mildly built crowd. But dont think for a second those guys in the 4runner set off to cross alaska from start to finish in that pile. The rigs arent built to survive, except for jantz' machine, and its the one fallin apart. Just substantiating my claim that there are support stations a long the way and these guys arent driving as if they have to make it with no help.

Just watched last nights episode..... Blonde haired mullet guy is worse than my wife when we go wheeling LOL.

With that said.... how long before this show drives every Tom, Dick, and Harry out to go buy a 4x4 and really ruins the sport. Imagine URE or Harland so full of first timers that the trails are nothing but lines.... I say this b/c think back when american chopper started airing, the sales of Harleys and custom bikes probably doubled or tripled. And every idiot out there thought they were a seasoned biker. Now it's already started with all the soccer mom Jeeps... I know all you custom shop guys are gonna love it!

View attachment 174577

Off-road hipster lol, aKA every rover owner with a lift I've ever met. Dude sure does think he knows all about off-road etiquette because he can show you 'Forums of information on his side'! Whats the chances those are Range Rover forums? "don't let that tree touch my paint!"
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56075

Team rover quote (paraphrasing),
"we have the smallest tires and the smallest engine out here"

Since when is a 2.5L turbo diesel smaller than a 22re, and a shorter wheelbase not make up for tire size??

I'll be rooting for them to break every episode.
Looks like you got your wish :lol:

But it had a 3.0 lol
Yeah, that is the weak link on that vehicle. To be honest I'm pulling for the FJ55 (I love those piggys) but the co-pilot with the mullet is abrasive. I'm looking forward to the next episode since his no seatbelt wearing ass gets knocked out.

Yeah, that is the weak link on that vehicle. To be honest I'm pulling for the FJ55 (I love those piggys) but the co-pilot with the mullet is abrasive. I'm looking forward to the next episode since his no seatbelt wearing ass gets knocked out.
I agree I still think it's the best overland rig there

I had another thought... When Super Heep's frame (as the narrator called it) broke, all I could think of was 88Jeeptards trampoline exocage. Because you welded it five years ago is not a valid excuse for the failure, you started with substandard material...

When the guy in the rover was having tea and smoking his pipe talking all British.........naaa not it, I think he just told you to huff a dong

it was meant to be another way of saying "ditto" but if huffing dongs is your thing, by all means huff away.

Oh ok, deployed right now so I have only seen the first episode. I didn't know the guy smokes an actual pipe.

I like all the rigs, but not a fan of all the characters. The dude in the rover was a bit of a bitch, so glad to see him go. He really gives pipe smokers a bad rep. LOL All said, Super Jeep will probably take the pot. I only say this b/c it is the most purpose built of all the rigs. I could be wrong but we'll see.

As for the two brothers in the yota, my wife says they funded their rig with the meth they cooked up in the back of it

Back