Another 87 YJ build (my 3rd one)

Last weekend of this month , Dixie Run. I'm not "participating" but will be there with George and gotwood, I'm heading up on the 28th. You have time, come join us!

First line in first post.
Ranger is getting there. I want something I can take out and use until it is done.
YJ is already sold upon completion of the Ranger

Damn Jody out here playing 5D chess. blowing minds

Day 1- excess woopow pushed the rear upper link into the exhaust pipe which pushed the muffler into the tub which knocked the baffles out of the Borla.
This thing is stupid annoying load now. I'll replace it next week.
Day 2- kicked ass and rode all the hard stuff. Now the driver door doesn't work. But I made the exit of Cripple Creek. Fair trade.

The chop chop cam makes the brakes suck at idle and the converter is totally wrong as a result. Depending on what the next owner wants, I'll leave it be or swap in a PTC converter.

Day 1- excess woopow pushed the rear upper link into the exhaust pipe which pushed the muffler into the tub which knocked the baffles out of the Borla.
This thing is stupid annoying load now. I'll replace it next week.
Day 2- kicked ass and rode all the hard stuff. Now the driver door doesn't work. But I made the exit of Cripple Creek. Fair trade.

The chop chop cam makes the brakes suck at idle and the converter is totally wrong as a result. Depending on what the next owner wants, I'll leave it be or swap in a PTC converter.

That stupid cam was always a drawback. I considered changing it out instead of the converter. If you go with PTC let me know, I have the link to the cam the P.O. installed.

Just got in from a night ride. Solid weekend of kicking ass with minimal carnage. I'll trade a muffler and some door repair for all the good stuff we hit
Met some chick named @jeepin' jen. She giggles a lot. She did however rub Jasper's belly and kissed the fur off Callie's head.
IMG_20220917_225028.jpg

Last edited:
Just got in from a night ride. Solid weekend of kicking ass with minimal carnage. I'll trade a muffler and some door repair for all the good stuff we hit
Met some chick named @jeepin' jen. She giggles a lot. She did however run Jasper's belly and kisses the fur off Callie's head. View attachment 381007

She also has snaccidents and steals beef jerky out of peoples TJ’s.

The Borla muffler is headed for the scrap bin. It was loud prior to losing it's baffles, now it's annoying.
Stopped by a local muffler shop and checkout their inventory. Decided on this Magnaflow knockoff (times are hard when you buy name brand Crocs) due to it's small dimensions and longer case length. Current muffler is 14" whereas this one is 18". Should certainly quieten it down a bunch.
PXL_20220920_163625624.jpg

The Borla muffler is headed for the scrap bin. It was loud prior to losing it's baffles, now it's annoying.
Stopped by a local muffler shop and checkout their inventory. Decided on this Magnaflow knockoff (times are hard when you buy name brand Crocs) due to it's small dimensions and longer case length. Current muffler is 14" whereas this one is 18". Should certainly quieten it down a bunch.
View attachment 381167

We getting old….I too enjoy a nice quiet muffler with just a little sound when you floor it.

We getting old….I too enjoy a nice quiet muffler with just a little sound when you floor it.
Right??? My transfer case and cooling fan are louder than my exhaust and I wouldn't have it any other way!

@CasterTroy , so bend ‘em a couple times and dump ‘em under the bumper. Good luck.
Shrug whenever I fold mine in half it makes more noise.
Get off me you are too heavy etx

Had a little time after work to tinker.
New muffler and relocated tailpipe is on. It sounds killer. The Borla was essentially gutted, no wonder is was so loud
Also snugged up all the transfer case nuts since they were finger tight. Went ahead and welded nuts inside the skid so a wrench wasn't needed to hold them.
PXL_20220923_220910298.jpg

I thought it already had an engagement ring waiting for you to walk it down the aisle?
It did, until Runaway Bride type stuff happened. Another buyer is lined up though.
But I have a new set of 39 Reds on the way (because reasons) and they may look pretty good on the YJ when the Treps go back on the Ranger

Back