Bus/RV Towrig project

Ken, :popcorn:

Put a fuel hose on the side a the bus and keep 'er topped off. Then we can all fuel our lil' toy haulers wherever you're parked and get the NC4x4 discount right? Sounds good to me!!

Ken, :popcorn:
Put a fuel hose on the side a the bus and keep 'er topped off. Then we can all fuel our lil' toy haulers wherever you're parked and get the NC4x4 discount right? Sounds good to me!!

hahaha that would never happen

well since the gen has its own fuel tank and it has about 40 gallons in it we decided to test out some fuel polishing..

John had the setup to use so we decided to see how well it would work.. the good news is there was not match crap int he tank , bad news is it leaks a little so john needs to fix that

polish.jpg

well spent the night trying to get the generator to work correctly and it sure does not like me :)

now waiting on new parts to hopefully fix it before this weekend

and then decided to install privacy curtain.. glad I got something done
bus_curtain.jpg

Now all you have to do is paint it all black and tour the country in style!!

aflapsblog.com_wp_content_uploads_Obama_bus.jpg

I check this thread pretty regularly to drool and covet! That's just a great rig :driver:

Ken...you amaze me. When it comes to projects, I have watched in amazement over the years at some of the stuff you've built,rebuilt and worked on. Tim the tool man Taylor dont have crap on you. Where do you get all that motivation and energy?

Now all you have to do is paint it all black and tour the country in style!!
aflapsblog.com_wp_content_uploads_Obama_bus.jpg

I check this thread pretty regularly to drool and covet! That's just a great rig :driver:

hahaha that is awesome.. the funny is black is the color the wife and I have been talking about.. but then polish all the bottom stainless to a mirror :)

Ken...you amaze me. When it comes to projects, I have watched in amazement over the years at some of the stuff you've built,rebuilt and worked on. Tim the tool man Taylor dont have crap on you. Where do you get all that motivation and energy?

thanks man..

my mind never shuts off, so I always have ideas for new stuff which I guess is my downfall and why I take on new projects and such all the time..

as for energy.. I just copy my kids :)

hahaha that is awesome.. the funny is black is the color the wife and I have been talking about.. but then polish all the bottom stainless to a mirror :)

PLEASE no!! Reason I say is because everything I buy is black...or ENDS UP black at some time or another :rolleyes: And if you paint it black....I'd be forced to buy it from you at some point...and my HOA would crap a full grown moose if that thing entered my neighborhood...much less got parked in my back yard :lol:

well took bus out this past weekend and on the way down we filled it up.. mileage on 1st tank was 7.5mpg

which means I cam almost make it to Colorado on one tank of fuel :)

so call it $4/gallon that's 53c/mile. Round trip to Boston is about 1500 miles, so call it $800 in gas. For the 4 of you that's still about the same as flying and you don't have to worry about luggage space and hotels and rental cars etc when you're up there. Not half bad... Takes a little longer. Probably take you 12 hours to get there nonstop, but with all the time built into flying, it's only a few hours longer, plus you get to show the kids the country

Well took the bus out for our 3rd trip and it did great.. flat towed my new to me Avalanche with only issue being the tow lights would not blink for right turns but everything else worked.

I did find out that the new seat I put in for me is to big and I now need to look for a different one.. the base is to deep so the back of my calves rub on front of seat.

bus_avalanche.jpg

rv_mci.jpg

Well took the bus out for our 3rd trip and it did great.. flat towed my new to me Avalanche with only issue being the tow lights would not blink for right turns but everything else worked.

I did find out that the new seat I put in for me is to big and I now need to look for a different one.. the base is to deep so the back of my calves rub on front of seat.

So the Big Boy seat wont work for you, huh?

If you think the diesel is high, wait till you buy a couple of tires! Ordered two for the steer today for mine. Be sure to cover them from the sun when sitting!

I found the perfect car for the BUS.. it can go under the bus in one of the bays

what you guys think?

It is a cut down Honda 600 Coupe

ai756.photobucket.com_albums_xx203_2xdemo_baycar4.jpg

ai756.photobucket.com_albums_xx203_2xdemo_baycar3.jpg

ai756.photobucket.com_albums_xx203_2xdemo_baycar2.jpg

ai756.photobucket.com_albums_xx203_2xdemo_baycar5.jpg

ai756.photobucket.com_albums_xx203_2xdemo_bayvar.jpg

I've actually seen a couple of those used exactly like that. They chop them down so they fit length-wise in the belly.

does it come with a trailer for the kids car seats ?

So functionally speaking, at this point what is the difference between this "bus" and a diesel RV?
E.g. aside from probably getting it cheaper for the end-product, is there some advantage to the bus vs RV chassis, or drivetrain?

Back