Chasing a dream

Glad it was entertaining. I struggled when editing on what to take out to get it down. I had over an hour of conversation recorded. But it was all good stuff and I felt like people would want to hear/watch almost all of it.
Aside from some audio issues, feedback has been really good.

I’m fixing to fix the audio. Wrecked Gear showed me what they use and it’s just a case with a built in mic for the GoPro. I have also decided to stop using my phone, and use the GoPro only. Not only is that far better and easier for managing the video, it will make all of my audio levels consistent.

Thank you for all the support. The best thing you can do to help myself, and Cutler is share the video, like and comment on the YT channel.
Haven’t had a chance to watch it but plan to this week.

Just an FYI - I’m currently in the process of helping build a brand and channel. I’ve learned a ton in the past 6 months with a shit ton more to go. If I may I’ll share on thing I’ve learned. Ever notice when you listen to some of then bigger influencers how every damn video they ask for a review and a subscribe? Essentially YouTube has a “how good isn this content” formula. The more people who watch something the better they think it is. The better they think it is the more feeds it shows up in and more recommended for you it gets and even the higher it shows up in search results.
Well no one knows the formula exactly- partially because it changes 6 times or month supposedly- but the accepted math is a video review equals 45-50 views and a subscribe from in video equals somewhere around 200 views. Get all your family and friends to like, review and subscribe.

Just an FYI - I’m currently in the process of helping build a brand and channel. I’ve learned a ton in the past 6 months with a shit ton more to go. If I may I’ll share on thing I’ve learned. Ever notice when you listen to some of then bigger influencers how every damn video they ask for a review and a subscribe? Essentially YouTube has a “how good isn this content” formula. The more people who watch something the better they think it is. The better they think it is the more feeds it shows up in and more recommended for you it gets and even the higher it shows up in search results.
Well no one knows the formula exactly- partially because it changes 6 times or month supposedly- but the accepted math is a video review equals 45-50 views and a subscribe from in video equals somewhere around 200 views. Get all your family and friends to like, review and subscribe.
dont forget. it also looks at how long people actually stay watching a video.. it is better to watch it all the way thru vs part of it and then come back to it.

Here is the @mcutler video!
Watched it last night. To say I was surprised to hear my name and being called out is an understatement. I wish I had the money to give Matt that Godzilla call. Keep it up. I can see huge improvement from when you started.

I have found this out as well. Most of my videos get maybe 100 views. I had one that attracted a few more subscribers, and it has nearly 600 views.

I have found this out as well. Most of my videos get maybe 100 views. I had one that attracted a few more subscribers, and it has nearly 600 views.
same. One of our robotics teams had a video that not only showed off some amazing engineering but had some featuress that were a little controversial wrt the rules - right on the edge of "legal". That generated a lot of discussion in posts, but things really took off once people started subscribing.

dont forget. it also looks at how long people actually stay watching a video.. it is better to watch it all the way thru vs part of it and then come back to it.
This is also why short videos are better from a scoring standpoint, it's easier to make it all teh way through a video that is only 90 seconds than one that is 3 mins.
This is also why a lot of people will break it up - part 1, part 2, part 3 etc.

same. One of our robotics teams had a video that not only showed off some amazing engineering but had some features that were a little controversial wrt the rules - right on the edge of "legal". That generated a lot of discussion in posts, but things really took off once people started subscribing.

This is also why short videos are better from a scoring standpoint, it's easier to make it all teh way through a video that is only 90 seconds than one that is 3 mins.
This is also why a lot of people will break it up - part 1, part 2, part 3 etc.

Comments count towards the interactions also. That is why you often hear them ask questions for viewers, or talk about controversial things. Whistlin Diesel has made a ton on just this thought process alone.

Have people ask questions in the comments, maybe about where they want to see a review of, or what campgrounds are better, etc.

I dont know how Live videos count in the algorithm, but I know it is popular with smaller channels to get video count and interactions up. Might be something to think about. Also, it doesnt require editing. Could do a live Q&A or something each month.

Comments count towards the interactions also. That is why you often hear them ask questions for viewers, or talk about controversial things. Whistlin Diesel has made a ton on just this thought process alone.

Have people ask questions in the comments, maybe about where they want to see a review of, or what campgrounds are better, etc.

I dont know how Live videos count in the algorithm, but I know it is popular with smaller channels to get video count and interactions up. Might be something to think about. Also, it doesnt require editing. Could do a live Q&A or something each month.
Saying/doing something controversial without absolutely pissing people off is the key to lots of comments..

Saying/doing something controversial without absolutely pissing people off is the key to lots of comments..
I see you're not new here :D

I see you're not new here :D
It's not just here :D this is a common trick in the academic research world to raise one's citation and H-index scores quickly.
Google is just following the same theme but on a faster time scale.

I have the 2020 L5P oil cooler to install on the truck. Also switching to synthetic oil, and replacing the fan clutch once again. It’s all up here to Colorado and I’m hoping these things make a big difference.

I was seriously considering buying a Freightliner M2. It was incredibly nice but it got gone before I had a chance. It had the Mercedes MBE900 motor, which gets mixed reviews. I wasn’t really looking, it just popped up and we really liked it. But for now I’m gonna keep pushing this one and see if I can make some more improvements.

As ours is at Velocity getting $6k worth of emissions related repairs 🫤
Had to replace the DOC on one of our Freightliners. Was $10K! Another one is having some of the same problems. the shop here in SC had a DPF cleaner they have had good results from. So we will try that on this truck.

Had to replace the DOC on one of our Freightliners. Was $10K! Another one is having some of the same problems. the shop here in SC had a DPF cleaner they have had good results from. So we will try that on this truck.
Modern diesel engines are Fawked along with everything related to getting work done with them. Anything related to economy in all the related use or maintenance is shot to hell with over regulation. Regulation equals more of anything less reliable, added expense, and more plain junk. Just like the people responsible. To damn much government in the private sector.

Why haven't you deleted them

DOT enforcement is a huge reason. Too many fleets getting huge fines for deleting their commercial rigs.
Otherwise, we'd do it immediately
This. They are going after trucking companies now. We are about to the point of shutting down the equipment side of our business and just keeping the brokerage going.

DOT enforcement is a huge reason. Too many fleets getting huge fines for deleting their commercial rigs.
Otherwise, we'd do it immediately

Where? This is not a thing that actually happens outside of California and NY and even then it's not likely. But I get it. I'd rather not worry about my truck going into limp mode every time I go out though and giving up several mpg.
My cousin's 50k mile stock '22 ram 3500 just set a dpf full code and is derated and dealer wants 4k to replace, this is the future.

Where? This is not a thing that actually happens outside of California and NY and even then it's not likely. But I get it. I'd rather not worry about my truck going into limp mode every time I go out though and giving up several mpg.
My cousin's 50k mile stock '22 ram 3500 just set a dpf full code and is derated and dealer wants 4k to replace, this is the future.
Not under warranty? I know emissions components usually carry a stronger warranty. I know dealers have to warranty all cats to like 100k

The M2 I was wanting was an 07 so it was pre emissions, but did have an EGR. I would much prefer something Cummins based if I made the switch, but @Mulishajoe works at Freightliner and had good things to say about those engines.

It would be a little easier for me to delete a newer one since it’s not being used commercially. But Glenn and Jody face some very stiff penalties if they were to get caught with deleted trucks.

Usually at inspection time, I'd imagine.

Also, totally unrelated, I promise I'm not currently loading EFI Live tunes to an AutoCal to go delete a 2015 LML Duramax that had a 9th injector go bad and clog the cat 🫣

When Dad and I were disusing it he shared an article with a company out of the midwest I think it was that got hit and a trucking company there. I'll see if I can find the article if you are interested. It's not just CA and NY. Being a FL based company It's only a matter of time before it happens there.

When Dad and I were disusing it he shared an article with a company out of the midwest I think it was that got hit and a trucking company there. I'll see if I can find the article if you are interested. It's not just CA and NY. Being a FL based company It's only a matter of time before it happens there.
I could keep 3 trucks busy with inbound freight all the time and have been seriously contemplating dipping my toes in the trucking business. The more I read and talk to folks, I've pretty well decided to just keep paying the brokers.

Back