Just some junk on Rockwells build thread..

Damn, the rig looks awesome. The more I look at the pictures, I can tell you have really put a lot of time into the little details. Unlike myself:lol:.

DK

Damn, the rig looks awesome. The more I look at the pictures, I can tell you have really put a lot of time into the little details. Unlike myself:lol:.
DK

x2, props on that, i woulda have prob sold it and bought two other rigs in peices by now cause i got bored with it :shaking: lol

Funny I actually made the comment to my brother today that Im gettin damn tired of workin on the Jeep . . .thats the first step toward me sellin it and buyin somethin else . . . I'm tryin hard not to fall into it agian . . . just really, really bored . . . of . . . working . . . on . . . . jeep

x2, props on that, i woulda have prob sold it and bought two other rigs in peices by now cause i got bored with it :shaking: lol

Funny I actually made the comment to my brother today that Im gettin damn tired of workin on the Jeep . . .thats the first step toward me sellin it and buyin somethin else . . . I'm tryin hard not to fall into it agian . . . just really, really bored . . . of . . . working . . . on . . . . jeep
Buy a toyota and you won't have to work on it. You can just wheel it!:flipoff2:

Rich, that thing gets more badass every time You post! Looking great!

Thats looking good man. I think going with the 42s was a good decision. Its definitely something different for Rocks. You've had some nice looking welds throughout this project also.

Rich Looking sweet... Just one Question...

Why not put the rear, stear, on the left side, instead of center. But you may be left handed...

Just thinking I steer mostly with the right... That way RT steers, and the lft steers rear...

No thoughts other than that... really clean Rich...

Should have my Cruiser going this week... Not near this clean.

I'm the opposite, usually I steer with my left hand, and work the trans/t-case with the right.

Interesting idea though... I hadn't even thought of putting it anywhere other than on the right side.

Thanks for the words guys..

Looking good Rich! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Man, you got it all....... So, will it be ready for the July trip you mentioned?

It could be ready, but now we're not taking it with us.. If I wasn't on-call the weekend of the 14th, I'd be taking it out then, but as it stands, the 21st is the maiden voyage (the side yard doesn't count, but I plan on seeing what I can break / what falls off out there anyway)..

Not sure where we're going yet...

I know a little place....

I was hoping someone would offer... :D

(I know you just really want to see something I forgot to tighten fall off.. :lol: )

(I know you just really want to see something I forgot to tighten fall off.. :lol: )

I deep inside we all want to see that :)

Nahh, i just want to see you roll it. You owe me one anyways. :lol: :flipoff2:

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_DPG_feb17018.jpg

Nahh, i just want to see you roll it. You owe me one anyways. :lol: :flipoff2:

Well looks like my better half won't be joining me that day (her sister will be in town), so you may just get your wish...:flipoff2:

Hey Rich it looks great! :beer:

Maybe this was covered already or you just have not got to it, but the rear pinion disk looks vulnerable to some rock rash fro the pix.

Haven't gotten to it yet, but you're right. It won't be once I'm done though... :D

small update.. the pinion brake and steering will be on the front side of the rear axle.. I'm very happy about that.. didn't think it would fit before, but it does... I winched down the rear suspension to the bumps and there was still a bit of clearance between the link and the rotor... so I got to go and swap the knuckles around... fuuuuuun.

This week's update - I'm almost done with the fabrication portion... finally! Had a friend come over Friday night and we made all 9 of the hydraulic hoses. Still waiting on some of the adapters to come in before I plumb the rest of it. Probably going to carry a spare in the toolbox.

Got the power steering & transmission cooler mounted up.. Was a pain to find somewhere where the tires wouldn't throw things at it, or where they weren't too close to heat. The fan blows up from the bottom, and the hot air will exit out the louvers in the hood..

coolersmounted.jpg

Did the Holley multi-pickup kit also, center of the cell, one at the front, one at the rear. This is just showing the mockup.

fuelcellpickups.jpg

And, the rear area is complete.. fuel cell & cooler are mounted. Amazing how fast the room got eaten up!

reararea.jpg

decided to put the rear steering ram on the back side of the axle, as it let me use the hi-steer arms, and I'm less likely to get hung up with it there vs. on the front of the tube.

rearsteermount2.jpg

Also made a guard for the pinion brake, complete with speed holes..

pinionbrakeguard.jpg

Looking good! I like the speed holes! Now you have a nice table on your rear axle to eat off of! :D

Not alot to update, made the mini tie-rod ends for the front and welded up the slugs in front the steering arms, did some painting on the rear axle pieces and the rear tubework, and started installing the engine wiring harness. Once i figured out why Jim's laid out the connectors where he did, it all made sense.. All the wiring is pretty well hidden, it's a nice harness he made.

Now to figure out where / how in the hell to mount the computer.. I think I have a location, but the PCM has no provisions for mounting.. :rolleyes:

Back