Lil' Smoke kid mini buggy rock crawler

Time for a decent picture!
IMG_6824.JPG

Awesome I'd do rock it.

Still looks like a bug though :flipoff2:

Can we at least agree that it looks like a Porsche instead of a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well Porsche did have a part in the bug to begin with if I'm not mistaken. So kinda the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Belly height is about 15". Wheel base is 80". Roof height is a little over 48" I believe but I'll have to check tomorrow.
It actually handles pretty amazing. @zubs drove it around a good bit yesterday. The shocks have less than 50psi in them and it is extremely soft. Even being that soft it rides level with Andy on the drivers side, corners almost flat at speed and has almost no dive under hard braking. In one of the posted videos he drove it up on a rock and kept all 4 tires planted with the passenger front around 40" up and had much more shock to go. That's great for an 80" wheel base. We've been working out all the little bugs over the last two days and have pretty much everything handled now except the steering. The brake master cylinder may is a little small for the 4 calipers were using. It is very easy to push but takes full throw to lock up the tires. Probably going to switch to a 7/8" master but with the adjustable prop valve we're able to bias more to the front and it helped a ton.
The steering works well. Better than I expected. It has decent power to turn the tires, the problem is that it takes a little too much effort to turn for young girls to drive it comfortably and the single ended ram makes it even stiffer to retract the cylinder than extend.

Well Porsche did have a part in the bug to begin with if I'm not mistaken. So kinda the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yes Porsche did design it.

"Hitler contracted Ferdinand Porsche in 1934 to design and build it.[12] Porsche and his team took until 1938 to finalise the design."

Of course that is form Wikipedia.... Still the creation here is BADASS! Wish I could have done that for my twin boys when they were little......

Nope unless we need it to pull my ass out of the Spartan mud pit! :lol:

Chris is wrapping up a couple minor gremlins (brakes and steering) so I'm not taking it home this weekend.

I know @MarsFab is pretty busy and needs the room...I can "store" it for ya no problem...:driver:

Maybe one day you'll all be able to look at other buggies and say "Man... that looks like a MarsFab buggy".

That's exactly what it looks like! I see the Mars from your other builds in this one.

Matt

Back